Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tubz194)
    i applied to aston on 10th december with predicted a in bio, a in chem nd a in history and i still havent got an offer. be happy u got an offer cuz some people like me would be over the moon if they gt an offer form aston
    you should get an offer, come on AAA is great. what was your PS like? anyway you'l here from them by May. so dw too much.

Where else have you applied too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by didgeridoo12uk)
    they are trying to push you, think of it as a test. if you put the work in and manage to get the grade then you're worthy of a place, if you don't then you aren't a good enough standard.

surely this offer is better than them straight off rejecting you
    This.
    They may offer you a place even if you dont quite get the grades anyway. Some unis do. Cant you resit any as modules.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lnwn)
    NOPES, tis 'of' eg. I've been cheated of a chance to prove my grammar is good
    Idiot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shake&Bake)
    So did you get in then?
    yehhhh mann ima 2nd yeaarrrr woop woop lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gleek#1)
    Thats all and well in fairy-land but in the real world they have a hidden agenda. I believe that they give higher offers than the predicted grades to make it extra difficult for applicants like me to get in, simply because they need some method for combating the increase in student numbers. I mean last year their offer grades were BBB standard no fuss no complications.
    Aston BBB? Trust me, you are misinformed.
    There is no hidden agenda here. Yes, high offers are made to control student numbers, which is why the more competitive universities give higher offers. For some reason, they were worried about your ability at Biology and so they want you to work harder. Did you get any Biology questions at interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bbkk15)
    yehhhh mann ima 2nd yeaarrrr woop woop lol
    Thats cool im in 1st year

ReputationRep:
    I think they've done that to everyone who has an offer...for instance my own offer is As in Chemistry and English and a B in Biology...So don't take it too hard. If you get AAB in the end they'll still accept you regardless of what grade to what subject apart from Chemistry that is.

ReputationRep:
    LOL I find it funny reading that last year Aston made offers of BBB, im currently studying there and can confirm that last year everyone I know who is currently in the first year got offers of AAB and there is no-one on the course who achieved less than AAB, in fact most people got higher.

Work hard and you will do better than you expect. Have faith in yourself.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.