Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Speech from a 15 y/o on fees to an audience of 1000+ Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jb9191)
    No police don't need qualifications. I know people in school who got F's at GCSE and are in the police.

They are not that clever the majority of them believe me. The only ones that are, are the ones higher up as dog handlers, plain clothes etc.

The beat bobbies are usually a lot of grapes short of a bunch. I've spoke to some of them and they are so uneducated its unbelievable that such people are in force. Not all of them though, I must admit there are obviously clever ones in the Police Force.

He merely made that statement as a smart remark to have a joke, basically it was a retaliation to the kettling technique used by the police - which I was in and it was very annoying as they would force you back and people were getting crushed and it was chaotic. The police should have filtered us through slowly instead of keeping us kettled for so long. I lost a lot of respect for police that day as I nearly got punched for asking to go to the toilet.
    Lol wut?

Dog handlers and plain clothed police are not necessarily higher up. You can be a mere constable and a dog handler or a plain clothed officer. They have no correlation to rank.

Sure, some police officers are uneducated, but generally they need to be fairly smart, otherwise they wouldn't have managed to get it (it is highly competitive).

ReputationRep:
    'This was meant to be the first post ideological generation, right?'

I had an urge to slap elf kid after this, so i went for a tango.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guitarded)
    As Tom Morello put it during the Xmas No.1 campaign last year, "If enough people unite together then they can overturn the system completely."
    Ironically the Xmas No.1 campaign hardly touched the system at all. The X Factor system is in place to make money, and it probably made more money due to the campaign. Put that together with the fact that Joe McElderry acquired untold publicity as a result and still got the number one for the next however many weeks, basically the campaign actually played right into the hands of the system.

So yeah, I get your point, but it is perhaps a poor example

ReputationRep:
    0/10 on both counts.

Over the top, GCSE-level persuasive techniques, more melodramatic than a Kate Winslet acceptance speech.

ReputationRep:
    Delivery: 7, Content: 0.

ReputationRep:
    The speech has hit stateside - http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/1..._n_795180.html

ReputationRep:
    Lol it was like watching this:

ReputationRep:
    Ballsy kid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simontinsley)
    Delivery: 7, Content: 0.
    I couldn't agree more.

ReputationRep:
    lol 15 year olds know nothing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ocassus)
    Has anybody noticed the huge throbbing veins in his neck?

Fairly well spoken for a 15 year old, still a few ums err and buts. But yeah, overall I think its quite well delivered.

Naturally don't agree with any of it.
    Arteries , not veins.

ReputationRep:
    That kid must be a performing arts kid cus he is well gay!

ReputationRep:
    sounds like he's copying george watsky

ReputationRep:
    Most of us would have **** ourselves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Law123mus)
    Lol it was like watching this:

"Please rate some other members before rating this member again."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by looking)
    "Please rate some other members before rating this member again."
    What?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prince Rhyus)

Marks out of 10 & comments on both delivery & content please.
    He is ****ing scum.

"If we don't get degrees I guess we end up in police uniforms"

Cull this little thing. Police work relentlessly to keep society, a society that's become hardly worth anything - but is better than nothing. They make huge personal sacrifies on a social level and they risk their lives for every one of us each and every day. They do their job, as they're ordered - as soldiers do. What does this little **** know of a hard days work? Of sacrifice and of the society he speaks?

He represents standing up for a popular oppinion within his juvinile peer group. He is by no means inspirational, nor is he a man or a boy. He is nothing, stands for nothing and will lead us to nothing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Law123mus)
    What?
    thats what it said when i tried to give you a thumbs up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by looking)
    thats what it said when i tried to give you a thumbs up
    lol

ReputationRep:
    I may not agree with the content but I applaud his passion and proactive approach to his education. It's not often you get 15 year olds concerned with matters such as this but if it happened more often it can only be a good thing.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.