Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I quite like Biffy but it's a really odd choice as a headliner

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I would have expected them now to be a sub headliner as they are quite a big name now but not compared to previous headliners.

Then again Sonisphere could pull out a very strong undercard next year. With Slipknot playing they can get away with taking a risk with a smaller headliner as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seanisonfire)
    I quite like Biffy but it's a really odd choice as a headliner
    Same. I do actually love Biffy, but as a headliner at Soni, I don't see it. T in the Park, maybe, but not Soni. Especially after the direction of their last album, which is ok, but very 'pop' like.

And I bet watching them will be near impossible with people trying to bottle them after seeing the angry comments on the FB pages =/

ReputationRep:
    As much as I love Biffy, I really wouldn't have thought they'd be at Sonisphere. I mean, I saw them at V Festival :/
    I would love to see them though, especially as I had to sell my tickets last week
    Are tickets the same price as last year?

ReputationRep:
    That's got to be a mistake.

Biffy Clyro at Sonisphere?
    Wait, headlining Sonisphere?

Might not be buying my ticket after all. They're nice to listen to now and then but I don't want to pay to see what is essentially a load of pop-rock...

ReputationRep:
    Woahhh, just checked the date. It's not at the end of July this year?

ReputationRep:
    This announcement will undoubtedly send people away from Sonisphere. I can see Slipknot selling a lot of day tickets.
    I will be doing the whole weekend but am very unsure of Biffy headlining, especially on the Saturday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Earl Nuce)
    This announcement will undoubtedly send people away from Sonisphere. I can see Slipknot selling a lot of day tickets.
    I will be doing the whole weekend but am very unsure of Biffy headlining, especially on the Saturday.
    It is quite different compared to last years headliners but hopefully they have a strong undercard.

ReputationRep:
    People are saying Paramore are there too? Settled, I'm not going.

ReputationRep:
    Told you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Devel)
    It is quite different compared to last years headliners but hopefully they have a strong undercard.
    Yeah, the past two Sonisphere's were great and this one should be just as good. I like Biffy, just hope they manage to pull it off at a metal festival.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Earl Nuce)
    Yeah, the past two Sonisphere's were great and this one should be just as good. I like Biffy, just hope they manage to pull it off at a metal festival.
    If they stick to playing older stuff, I think people might enjoy them. Most people only know their name due to their recent albums, which are a lot calmer and 'pop' like!

ReputationRep:
    I live about 5 minutes from Knebworth, every year I've been able to hear some of it from my back garden, Biffy Clyro sounds alright but I've seen a fair bit of hate for them, it'll be interesting to see how this affects ticket sales.

ReputationRep:
    I had my my friend text me updates on festival announcements tonight...both Download's and Sonisphere's I'm not overly excited about. Biffy does seem an odd choice, but I expect a very different set to what I saw at Reading. As Lou said, stick to the older stuff, and they could just pull it off.

Whilst kind of disappointed with the announcement, I've got myself hyped to see Slipknot, and am still quite likely to go to both Sonisphere and Download. But no way can I afford a ticket yet, so no doubt there will be more announcements to come that may change my mind.

ReputationRep:
    Biffy? Really?
    Screw this, I'm off to Bloodstock.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wish I Could Change This)
    Biffy? Really?
    Screw this, I'm off to Bloodstock.
    I'm tempted as well tbh. Rhapsody of Fire, Therion, Coroner. It's looking good so far.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hobo06)
    I had my my friend text me updates on festival announcements tonight...both Download's and Sonisphere's I'm not overly excited about. Biffy does seem an odd choice, but I expect a very different set to what I saw at Reading. As Lou said, stick to the older stuff, and they could just pull it off.

Whilst kind of disappointed with the announcement, I've got myself hyped to see Slipknot, and am still quite likely to go to both Sonisphere and Download. But no way can I afford a ticket yet, so no doubt there will be more announcements to come that may change my mind.
    The chances are, there will be many other bands announced that you like. I've been to festivals where I'm not a fan of the headliners, but when they're on I just head back to camp and get drunk!

ReputationRep:
    Yay for Slipknot, I saw them at Download '09, they were awesome.
    Am still rather annoyed at the dates being at the beginning of July - although I can be there for my Mum's birthday - but as I am a dedicated school geek person, it means I can't go (N).

That sucks... Unless our school closes early, which is unlikely...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 69Crazyfists)
    I'm tempted as well tbh. Rhapsody of Fire, Therion, Coroner. It's looking good so far.
    My first year at Bloodstock and I can't wait
    If you get your ticket now it's slightly cheaper, they go up after the 15th, I think. Rhapsody of Fire should be good
    :dance:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wish I Could Change This)
    My first year at Bloodstock and I can't wait
    If you get your ticket now it's slightly cheaper, they go up after the 15th, I think. Rhapsody of Fire should be good
    :dance:
    Well I'm still thinking about it. I still ideally want to go to Download...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.