Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

broke up with my bf today :( now what? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cassandra_Z)
    Yes they do, but they when they're dating another person they don't have their boyfriend call their dad "Uncle".

I am asian and none of my asian friends do that. Saying all asians do that is too broad of a generalization since I don't doubt that there are some cultures that allow that.
    my parents have known my bf for a long time, they thought he was my best friend, im sure ur friend's call ur parents unlce/aunty if ur asian,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I-love-life)
    no, they just think im too young to have a bf, ffs im 19
    So they want you to have a boyfriend at.. erm... like 40 or what?

ReputationRep:
    when things cool off a bit maybe u cud say your going to a friends and go meet him? For the time being can you email/fb/msn him or anything?

ReputationRep:
    no, they just think im too young to have a bf, ffs im 19
    how r u too young when legally ur a woman?

ReputationRep:
    my parents have known my bf for a long time, they thought he was my best friend, im sure ur friend's call ur parents unlce/aunty if ur asian,
    Hmm.. now that you have put it that way. I shouldn't have assumed that your bf just came into the picture without knowing your parents. Thank you for making me understand better! ^_^

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand why so many people won't take her seriously. Why would someone make up something like this?:lolwut:

OP, I'm not a muslim, but I understand how difficult parents can be. From what you have said, it sounds like your dad will never let you be with him. I really don't think that speaking to him/ writing a letter/ getting someone else to talk to him would help. It would just agitate him even more.

Your only option is to see your bf behind you dad's back. Keep your head down for a couple of weeks though. Start seeing him when things have calmed down a bit.

Did you say you're going to uni next year? Once you've moved out, nobody will be able to stop you from seeing who you want. :console:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cassandra_Z)
    Hmm.. now that you have put it that way. I shouldn't have assumed that your bf just came into the picture without knowing your parents. Thank you for making me understand better! ^_^
    if u think this aint serious i have mentioned this in my older threads

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I love shopping)
    I don't understand why so many people won't take her seriously. Why would someone make up something like this?:lolwut:

OP, I'm not a muslim, but I understand how difficult parents can be. From what you have said, it sounds like your dad will never let you be with him. I really don't think that speaking to him/ writing a letter/ getting someone else to talk to him would help. It would just agitate him even more.

Your only option is to see your bf behind you dad's back. Keep your head down for a couple of weeks though. Start seeing him when things have calmed down a bit.

Did you say you're going to uni next year? Once you've moved out, nobody will be able to stop you from seeing who you want. :console:
    Created a second account to back your post up OP? "I love shopping" sounds similar to "I love life" haha.

Your trolling is about as subtle as an elephant in a kitchen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I love shopping)

thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CountMancula)
    Created a second account to back your post up OP? "I love shopping" sounds similar to "I love life" haha.

Your trolling is about as subtle as an elephant in a kitchen.
    wtf, no. why are u guys so paranoid here,ffs how can i make up something lyk this, and if i was a troll and wanted to make a second account im sure i wouldve picked a name not so similar to i love lyf..please if u think this is a troll dont post here, im really not in da mood for it

ReputationRep:
    So you're 19 and you're still not allowed to be able to have your own boyfriend ? You're an adult now and should be able to go out with whoever you want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanielleT192)
    So you're 19 and you're still not allowed to be able to have your own boyfriend ? You're an adult now and should be able to go out with whoever you want.
    its different with muslim families my dad said i have to choose between him and my bf so not fair

ReputationRep:
    Can you buy yourself a very cheap mobile phone (or get someone to buy one for you) and call him when you're at college? Do your lunch breaks coincide?

ReputationRep:
    honestly?
    just get with me i'll make u feel bettr but u anything in da world. im rich, bi*ch!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xx.MissEG.xX)
    You can not BE bias. You can only be biased.
    Thanks for the spelling lesson.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by derp)
    Can you buy yourself a very cheap mobile phone (or get someone to buy one for you) and call him when you're at college? Do your lunch breaks coincide?
    yh i could but a phone, but, im sure he will search my bags and my room sometimes, he is so annoying..no we can't do anything about our lunch breaks, we go to different colleges, he could bunk his lessons but don't really want him to do that

ReputationRep:
    Lol the Uncle/Aunty thing is black/African aswell you know.

Anyway the only advice I can give is that, is it really over? I mean yeah so your dad thinks it is but I'm sure you can still carry on seeing each other. He may try and control you by grounding you and that (lol if your 19 that is highly unlikely) but he cant watch over you all the time surely.

ReputationRep:
    its different with muslim families my dad said i have to choose between him and my bf so not fair
    So you don't know how your mum and dad got together ?? Question them on HOW they got together because I'm sure they'll have to question themselves before restricting you who you do/don't see. Plus if they liked this guy before then I don't see why your dad should resent your boyfriend now knowing he is your boyfriend. And I know it would be different to a certain extent, but surely you'd be allowed to form your own relationship? It's crap you need your father's consent and your dad giving you an ultimation like this!

If whatever you are saying is true then my advice is put towards all these points. They might be strict regarding these things, but they can't pass your opinions off.

ReputationRep:
    You have an amazing memory if you can remember all of that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanielleT192)
    So you don't know how your mum and dad got together ?? Question them on HOW they got together because I'm sure they'll have to question themselves before restricting you who you do/don't see. Plus if they liked this guy before then I don't see why your dad should resent your boyfriend now knowing he is your boyfriend. And I know it would be different to a certain extent, but surely you'd be allowed to form your own relationship? It's crap you need your father's consent and your dad giving you an ultimation like this!
    my parents had an arrange marriage, yea my dad propa lyked him b4, he is jus really angry now becoz he has all these images of me and him being together behind his back, my dad always called him son and really trusted him. this is why he is so angry and hates him

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 1, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.