Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

how homophobic is it where you are Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Hysteria)
    It's fine in central London. A few months back, I was sort of kissing this guy at a station in the cold, and a woman came up to tell us how cute we were ... so it's cool.
    Really? That's quite a shock. Only a few miles down the road in South East London, you'd probably at best get a few dodgy stares and possibly, at worst, get mobbed!

Just the other day, in one of my lessons I was rather shocked at one of my friends - who is usually the nicest girl in the world - being disgustingly homophobic. And apparently not wanting to hear her prejudiced tripe makes me gay. :rolleyes:

I hate South London.

(Original post by D.R.E)
      Really? That's quite a shock. Only a few miles down the road in South East London, you'd probably at best get a few dodgy stares and possibly, at worst, get mobbed!

Just the other day, in one of my lessons I was rather shocked at one of my friends - who is usually the nicest girl in the world - being disgustingly homophobic. And apparently not wanting to hear her prejudiced tripe makes me gay. :rolleyes:

I hate South London.
      Sometimes after I have been drinking, dancing and clubbing in London and I have a hot guy with me, I sometimes hold his hand walking around to a different bar or something ... if I'm walking around Soho/Leicester Sq most people don't seem to even realise ... When we're close to my place, people just seem to notice but smile. Sometimes underground builders whistle ... but then I live in Vauxhall and everyone is gay/bi there.

I am so glad to have left school and sixth-form, precisely for that reason. One of my closest friends @ sixth-form told me she didn't want to apply to an all-girls Cambridge college because of ‘lesbians.’ She tried to apologise when she realised I was next to her. I feel sorry for her. 2 years ago, we were going to a gay club and there were a bunch of guys kissing outside and she refused to go in. I have bothered speaking to her since … So, I'm glad to have left sixth-form for so many reasons.

ReputationRep:
      Nobody cares in West London

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Lord Hysteria)
      Sometimes after I have been drinking, dancing and clubbing in London and I have a hot guy with me, I sometimes hold his hand walking around to a different bar or something ... if I'm walking around Soho/Leicester Sq most people don't seem to even realise ... When we're close to my place, people just seem to notice but smile. Sometimes underground builders whistle ... but then I live in Vauxhall and everyone is gay/bi there.

I am so glad to have left school and sixth-form, precisely for that reason. One of my closest friends @ sixth-form told me she didn't want to apply to an all-girls Cambridge college because of ‘lesbians.’ She tried to apologise when she realised I was next to her. I feel sorry for her. 2 years ago, we were going to a gay club and there were a bunch of guys kissing outside and she refused to go in. I have bothered speaking to her since … So, I'm glad to have left sixth-form for so many reasons.
      Yeah, that little discussion has rather tainted my view of her as a person. I didn't exactly expect her to be all for homosexuality, but the things she said were pretty shocking - which was made worse by the fact that the teacher who's lesson in - who is my favourite teacher - is gay.

I used to drive through Vauxhall with my family coming back from church and they used to shout things like "you're all going to burn" out of the window, spit on the floor and such. So if you've ever received abuse on a random Sunday from a car driving past, I was probably in that car!

ReputationRep:
      Very homophobic, but I live in Florence atm, Italy Catholic country and all.
      Although we do have a gay bar in town...

(Original post by D.R.E)
        Yeah, that little discussion has rather tainted my view of her as a person. I didn't exactly expect her to be all for homosexuality, but the things she said were pretty shocking - which was made worse by the fact that the teacher who's lesson in - who is my favourite teacher - is gay.

I used to drive through Vauxhall with my family coming back from church and they used to shout things like "you're all going to burn" out of the window, spit on the floor and such. So if you've ever received abuse on a random Sunday from a car driving past, I was probably in that car!
        It's quite pathetic to judge someone on something they didn't choose and can't change. Judge people on their internal values. All you can do is feel sorry for her.

I'll shag a guy on your windscreen. You'll know it's me, because I'll sign "LH". :P

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.