Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What would you do if you met a burglar in your house? Watch

• View Poll Results: What would you do if you met a burglar in your house?
    Give in to the demands of the burglar to keep yourself (and possibly others) safe.
    14.93%
    Physically attack the burglar and then call the police.
    60.70%
    Run as fast as you can and call the police.
    11.94%
    Scream loudly to alert people of the situation.
    9.95%
    Faint.
    2.49%

ReputationRep:
    I would start foaming at the mouth, and speaking to the ceiling, SHOUTING at the ceiling. That should scare him, lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mastermind`)
    My black friends come around everyday

:rofl: a bit harsh?

OP: I'd probably run and call the police, because there is no way I'm going to attack - I'm not going to risk my life on a silly confrontation with a burglar

ReputationRep:
    I like how this thread had been made by DEATH

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmperorMustard)
    Presumably the person who voted for 'faint' was Gillian McKeith? :K:
    :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't arrange to meet a burglar at my house.
    I think I'd prefer to meet him in a neutral venue such as Mcdonalds or a tea bar outside a train station.

ReputationRep:
    If it was at night I'd probably do nothing because anyone breaking into my dump of a house in the dark is likely to trip or slip on something and seriously harm themselves. During the day I'd probably scream and run away.

ReputationRep:
    Scream, and then run fast to call the police

ReputationRep:
    Hmm.... Interesting responses.

What I have noticed is that many of the girls are opting for screaming or running away, while the males are of the more aggressive kind, going more for the violent options.

... Proabably to do with testosterone.

EDIT: What happened to all the feminists?

ReputationRep:
    I always wondered whether acting completely and utterly insane in these situations, would scare them off..?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by salty_candy)
    sit on him then lock him out on the balcony?

Peep Show!

ReputationRep:
    Yes I'd attack them, unless they had a weapon. Then again I'd find a large blunt object before confronting them.

ReputationRep:
    my dorm room mate "he who must not me named" would've kicked his/hers ...

ReputationRep:
    I am a virgin (hetero).
    Guess the outcome =)

ReputationRep:
    hide like a pussy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Death.)
    Hmm.... Interesting responses.

What I have noticed is that many of the girls are opting for screaming or running away, while the males are of the more aggressive kind, going more for the violent options.

... Proabably to do with testosterone.

EDIT: What happened to all the feminists?
    Haha. Well this is a difficult question to answer. It has nothing to do with being a "feminist". I have no idea how I'd react. It highly depends on the situation. But I'm not going to go all confident and say "Oh yeah, I'd kick his arse!" . I don't know. I could threaten him with a weapon, make him think I'm insane, hide, scream, attack him, run away.. Anything.

ReputationRep:
    I like to think I'd kick the **** out of them, but in reality I'd probably hide in the corner and cry.

ReputationRep:
    I love the phrasing 'met a burglar' like in this hypothetical situation its reasonable for him to be there, or as if you were introduced, haha.

I get really mad when stuff like this happens, unless i could see a weapon in his hand i'd run and get a knife and threaten/attack.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not going to lie, I'd be petrified, and I'd have no idea what to do, apart from be so scared!

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the situation - how many of them, do I think they're armed, do they look/sound tough, what time of day it is and where I am in the house (if I'm in). I'd assess all these and come to a decision... and there's a cricket bat under my bed which I'm sure I could find a use for.

Don't know how I could restrain them though. I wonder if belts would work.

I'd rape him, he wouldn't expect that would he?

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.