Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ideal Height In A Guy Watch

ReputationRep:
    As a 5'10" male, this thread fills me with a mixture of profound relief and vicarious indignation (on behalf of everyone who isn't at least 5'10").

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Theconomist)
    5'10 would suit most girls.
    But I'd say 5'7-6'2 is fine. Above or below that it's mostly based on preference.
    If you are 6'4 and she's 5'4 she might not be that comfortable but it's definitely better to be taller than shorter.
    This person said it all OP.

I'm sure all guys know the general preferences amongst females but start these threads in hope of a little ego boost or some reassurance. And I'm sure the responses only take a blow on their self esteem. 6'4 is nothing to worry about. Like theconomist said, it is definitely better/preferred to be taller than shorter. I'm about 5'4 and I love tall guys. You are very tall and occasionally it can be intimidating if the guy is quite well built, as it can make you feel helpless or like a child...but I wouldn't reject a guy because of it and I'm sure most girls wouldn't either. You can't change your height so embrace it and focus on changing any other flaws you may have i.e unattractive personality and character traits.

ReputationRep:
    Fun facts: 80% of women ask for 6'+. About 25% of men in the UK are 6'+.

Ideals are easily swayed :rolleyes:

I always said I would go for taller guys than myself at least 6ft+ but at uni there's a guy that's perfect in every way just that he's the same height 5'8" or an inch shorter than me but his height didn't matter then, so at least around my height but I have to admit a tall guy catches my eye first.
      I think it's just a nice feeling having someone taller than you makes me feel small which is rear for me since I'm normally the tallest out of my friends.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Fuzzed_Out)
      As a guy that is 6'3 I will say girls don't like 6'3 guys, or maybe it's just everything else about me.
      Just so you know...I'm 99% sure its not your height that is letting you down.

ReputationRep:
      Kinda old thread but okay, I'll roll with it.

(Original post by longman240)
      5'5" male here, it definitely is awful being short as a guy but I suppose it's something you just have to deal with. As for the pic above, wow, I'd give a testicle to have a body like that!
      Don't worry, we don't all like the tall thing. For me I really like around 5'6". It goes great with my height (5'1"). Why short girls want men they need stepladders to kiss, I don't know.

I don't really dig the muscley thing either, though!

(Original post by RedDevilThing)
      As a 5'4" male this thread is crushing my ego.
      It's a little shorter than my ideal, but I wouldn't be put off by that. It's kinda sweet (sorry if that's not the angle you're going for.) I don't wear heels that often anyway.

ReputationRep:
      I'm 5'10 and im like 6'2 with heels .. so i like tall rugby players :P

6'4 or 6'5 is perfect but seriously aslong as a lad is taller im happy

i know 2 lads who are like 6'6 its so cool i feel short next to them hehe

ReputationRep:
      Depends if you're lanky or not. If you're broad shouldered in comparison to your height then you'll be fine at any height, if you're narrow-shouldered then you'll look out of proportion past about.

ReputationRep:
      Personally, over 6ft is my perfect guy. Im 5'11.
      I hate to say it but if your a really nice person and you get on well, it shouldn't matter how tall you are

ReputationRep:
      Preferably over 6', but the bloody boy I fell for is only 5'10. So really, it doesn't matter that much as long as their taller than me. I'm 5'7.

ReputationRep:
      I hate these threads so much.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by ilovefashion90)
      Just so you know...I'm 99% sure its not your height that is letting you down.
      Off to the plastic surgeon and relationship advisor I go then.

ReputationRep:
      2-3 inches taller than me in my biggest heels, so just above 6ft-ish.

But I don't really dig the whole super-muscular thing.

<3 x

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Jarlsberg)
      What height is most attractive to girls? I'm pretty tall myself (6,4) and I was wondering what height appeals to girls most
      I'm 5"2, but I like tall guys. Like 6 foot or taller?

ReputationRep:
      About 5"5 and above.

...yeah, I'm a shorty...

ReputationRep:
      Height should not have to be an issue I'm 5"7 and my ex was like 5"4 which was fine.

ReputationRep:
      Around 6' is lovely - not too tall that he has to lean down to hear me speak or for me to kiss him, but still taller than me in heels.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Cicerao)
      It's a little shorter than my ideal, but I wouldn't be put off by that. It's kinda sweet (sorry if that's not the angle you're going for.) I don't wear heels that often anyway.

I'm doomed...

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by RedDevilThing)

I'm doomed...
      Only if you want to be one of those horrendous "lads" and get great "bantz", pull some "bare ****s" or whatever. My bf is less than 5'7". It's sweet. But that doesn't mean he's not sexy and attractive as well. Sweet isn't only confined to the so-called "friendzone", you know.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Cicerao)
      Only if you want to be one of those horrendous "lads" and get great "bantz", pull some "bare ****s" or whatever. My bf is less than 5'7". It's sweet. But that doesn't mean he's not sexy and attractive as well. Sweet isn't only confined to the so-called "friendzone", you know.
      I guess that's better, but please don't refer to a man's height as 'sweet' or 'cute'; it's seriously demoralising. I'm fine with being called sweet personality-wise, but not with regards to height, it just makes me feel like a child.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.