Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

2011 film thread - What are you hyped for? Hotly anticipate films? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xhotas)
    The King's Speech.

I *****ed and *****ed and *****ed about how no one would see it when I first saw the trailer but now I just want to see it so badly.
    I saw the preview of it a few days ago and it truly is a lovely film, and shows how soul-destroying having something like a stutter can be. . . as well as being placed in a role you don't want. Colin Firth, Geoffrey Rush and HBC are all fantastic, certainly worth the Oscar buzz.

ReputationRep:
    Super 8 (cos I'm a sucker for that kind of thing) and Melancholia (cos I'm a sucker for Von Trier's kind of thing)

ReputationRep:
    Thumbs up for Lars von Trier. i aslo hope to have Terry Gilliam's "The Men Who Killed Don Quixotte" released but am not so optimistic though

ReputationRep:
    Paul
    Super
    Thor
    X-men:First class
    Super 8
    The Green Lantern
    Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2
    Captain America:The First Avenger
    Cowboys and Aliens
    Now
    Real Steel
    Immortals
    Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol
    Sherlock Holmes 2

For now...

ReputationRep:
    Glancing through the list of films on the Wikipedia page linked by Ape Gone Insane, the films that immediately grab my attention are:

Kung Fu Panda 2 (loved the first one )
    X-Men: First Class
    Cars 2 (almost anything by Pixar turns out to be amazing)
    Real Steel
    Hugo Cabret
    The Adventures of Tintin: Secret of the Unicorn
    War Horse

There will probably be others that I end up liking more once I find out more about them, eg. the more obscure, highbrow films, and other 'possiblies' like Transformers 3 and Hanna.

ReputationRep:
    mmm...

Black Swan
    Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2
    Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
    Jane Eyre

Im not really a filmy, but I've followed Harry Potter and Jack Sparrow for a while and Black Swan looks great!

ReputationRep:
    The main films that I was hyped for were The Fighter, Black Swan and True Grit and I've already seen them...

ReputationRep:
    Vanishing, out February (18th?) starring Hayden Christensen, Thandie Newton as well as probably some other notable names I've missed out

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/22629 - Looks awesome! Concept seems really creative and quite interesting, never even knew this film existed till a few minutes ago

ReputationRep:
    Can't wait to see The Fighter.

ReputationRep:
    http://cinemaroll.com/cinemarolling/...ovies-of-2011/

Which of these are you most looking forward to?

Not a very exciting year ahead, in terms of hollywood!

ReputationRep:
    Harry Potter!!! the others look scary, i don't like scary films lol

ReputationRep:
    The Tree of Life!

ReputationRep:
    Super (New Ellen Page film!!)
    Premium Rush
    50/50
    Hopefully Hesher's going to get released this year

The Austin Powers trilogy has grown on me over time - I still laugh out loud at some scenes even though I've seen the films several times over. I dunno if another one is on the cards but I'd definately be interested in seeing it.

ReputationRep:
    I'm excited for Submarine. Mainly for the Alex Turner soundtrack, but the film is supposed to be really good.

ReputationRep:
    Comment the films you cannot wait to see! Whether it be next week or in 2013 onwards .

Mine are:
    Thor (2011)
    Scream 4 (2011)
    The Hobbit (2012/13)
    The Hangover Part II (2011)
    X-Men First Class (2011)- although I fear it will be a trainwreck
    Green Lantern (2011)
    Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II (2011)- really want to see it, but in the same way I don't because I will be distraught when the series comes to an end!
    Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
    The Wolverine (2012)
    The Dark Knight Rises (2012)
    THE AVENGERS (2012)- capitalised for its awesomeness

There's loads I'm eager for, but those are just from the top of my head. Unnamed projects like Sherlock Holmes, Star Trek and others will be in there too though!

I'm interested in yours, so go ahead, post away...

ReputationRep:
    Definatley with you on the last Harry Potter film! I bet it will be awesome! =]

ReputationRep:
    THOR looks pretty awesome but I can't wait for HARRY POTTER 7 (PART II)!!

(Voldemort dies btw mwaha :ahee:)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soph1990)
    Definatley with you on the last Harry Potter film! I bet it will be awesome! =]
    It's gonna be my cinematic highlight of the year no doubt! I only wish J.K Rowling would write around 10 more books though .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by captnibby1234)
    THOR looks pretty awesome but I can't wait for HARRY POTTER 7 (PART II)!!

(Voldemort dies btw mwaha :ahee:)
    And Snape :O! This last part is gonna be a deathfest, at its best!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 6, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.