Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have Your Degree Choices Changed Since Year 11 to Now? watch

ReputationRep:
    I initially wanted to study Aeronautical Engineering.

ReputationRep:
    Neuroscience, maths, psychology, chemistry, chemical engineering then pharmacy. I don't even know how I got there. Lol.

ReputationRep:
    I became really political and politically aware in year 11 and knew that I wanted to study politics, so I took it for A levels to see how it was and now i'm doing it at uni

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Welix)
    Wanted to do Management in year 11.

It's not even funny how glad I am I did economics in IB, never having done it before. Within the first few weeks I knew I would want to study it at university.

Looking at the stuff that management students do, I know I would not enjoy it in the slightest.

PS: some people might not realise (I know lots that don't) but management and economics are entirely different subjects
    what sort of stuff do management students do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sango)
    Rob Pound? Yeah I know that goon He left after flopping his GCSEs.
    Lol sheet yh he's a stupid idiot tbh, beat him up already then let him be my friend aha.

Lets see now.....

Physiotheraphy
    Chemistry
    Medicine
    Art
    Economics
    Japanese
    Chinese
    English
    History
    Japanese and History

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't really 100% sure on going to university at the start of year 11, but knew that if I did go I wanted to do a business related course, which is what I have applied for, so no, my degree choice hasn't changed.

ReputationRep:
    I wanted to become a forensic scientist until somebody told me the pay was crap so switched to wanting to do law. Decided law was boring and switched to journalism. Found out pay was crap. Now applying for languages.

ReputationRep:
    Vet
    Journalism
    History
    Politics
    Nursing
    Physiotherapy
    Pharmacy
    Psychology
    Geography
    Maths
    Neuroscience
    Biological sciences
    Biology

and now I don't know

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah...!

Economics(took it for AS and hated it!)...Medicine...Dentistry..Med icine...Biochemistry...Chemistry ...Law(half of year 12!)...Medicine!!!And here I am thinking of doing philosophy if I don't get into medicine!!

ReputationRep:
    I went from

Mechanical Engineering

to

Drama

to

Management..

Yeah.. BIIIG changes.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. I went from Vet Med to Engineering to Physics to Chemistry to Engineering again then finally settled on Maths.

My applications are gone and I'm wondering if I want to do Vet Med again :/ Oh well it's gone now, can't change it.

Medicine but then I realised I really don't care about patients and I love money more. Dentistry. But seems incredibly boring. Law but also seems incredibly boring. History which is my confirmed choice now because I enjoy it.

ReputationRep:
    Engineering or Medicine. I chose Medicine in year 12. Mind, I can remember telling people when asked what I wanted to be as a child, the very typical "I want to be a doctor". :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    English,
    Art,
    Classics with Latin,
    then finally chose Japanese

ReputationRep:
    I've wanted to do Law since about Year 8 (too many legal dramas, blame my mum) and wanted to do Law with French Law in about Year 10. So no, I've always been boring :p:

ReputationRep:
    erm...

Vet
    Law
    Medicine
    Physiotherapy
    Psychology
    Pharmacy
    Medicine
    Neuroscience
    Biochemistry
    Biology... (where I now have 2 offers and an interview at Oxford )

ReputationRep:
    I think I wanted to do drama/performing arts! Which seems ridiculous now as I haven't done anything to do with this at A level, nor do I participate any extra-curricular activites relating to this :lol: I've also always thought I'd do something English-y, but now I'm doing A2 lit, I think I know for sure I wouldn't cope with/enjoy doing it for the next 3 years of my life.

ReputationRep:
    Yr 8 I wanted to be a scientist. Yr 10 I wanted to be an author and do english. Now I want to do maths (which I've always enjoyed the most)

ReputationRep:
    I wanted to study Law for my Degree.. but now I've changed it to English Language and Linguistics. Hope I've chosen the right one. Lol.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.