Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure you're old enough not to stereotype

all Muslims are terrorists too, right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jumpingjesusholycow)
    My girlfriend is American and lives in Western Kentucky. I've travelled to the US several times, NYC twice as well as Kentucky, Illinois, Tennessee and Indiana. Her family are white, gun-toting neo-conservatives that actively discriminate against many including Homosexuals, Muslims, Arabs, Latin Americans etc.

It's all very easy to blame the psyche of the American people on 'all those darned politicians', but it is clear that there is a deep seeded zealousness that has its roots in violence and domination, in the American condition. Americans have a deep desire to start wars and personally I don't understand it, but I certainly won't tolerate it. You butchered Iraq, murdered your way through Afghanistan and now your people want to reap the bloodshed in Iran.

There's a reason that my girlfriend is going to be naturalised in the European Union and that is because the insular condition of Americans in inherent in your national psyche. Americans categorically can not relate to anything but dominance. And as a humanitarian, a world citizen, a progressive Liberal and somebody who wouldn't be tolerated in your country because my parents are Muslims, or because I have brown skin - I will never assimilate with American hostility.
    You sir, win the internets. Bravo!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.