Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    You'd be better off avoiding the smoke by staying in your mum's basement all day thinking up troll threads on a student forum...

....oh wait

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJKL)
    Lets start with all vehicles that operate using carbon based fuel systems. I have no idea of the correct ratio of smoke from one car to one smoker, but I suspect quite a number of smokers will be needed to match the vehicle.
    The infantile reduction to "lets ban the car" counter-argument.

While vehicles are heavily polluting, they are an economic necessity. Fortunately there are plenty of cleaner alternatives developed or in development so it shant always be this way.

Smoking however. A fools game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drunk Punx)
    Cross the street then.

Why should you cross the street? Why should I cross the street? :holmes:

And so on and on the infinite circle of regress goes. Some smoke, others don't. Deal with it. It's not like I'm going to open mouth kiss you after I've taken a drag, and it's not like your clothes are going to stink of smoke after you walk past someone who is smoking.
    Yeah you are right. Its not like that. But to me the smell of smoking is just awful. I very much dislike it and really can't smell it. But even that little bit of smoke everyday will get more and more after time and that's not what I want.

ReputationRep:
    yes, i smoke, but this is just a ludicris idea.

i heard a comment that passive smoking is worse than active smoking, that may well be true, but thats in enclosed spaces. smoking outside you inhale a tiny amount of smoke because you get a smoke and air mixture. Just like a car runs off a petrol/diesel and air mixture, its nowhere as near as bad as if it was running on pure fuel.

it like saying i dont like the smell of indian take aways, i still have to walk past them, yeah no harm to health but hardly any in smoking outside either.

In basic terms if anything, smoking should be banned in homes etc. because the smoke filled air will circulates. (not saying you should ban it in homes at all)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ripper)
    I'm not a smoker but people who whine about smokers bother me much more than smokers themselves.
    Yeah- same here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ripper)
    I'm not a smoker but people who whine about smokers bother me much more than smokers themselves.
    This x100.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Margaret Thatcher)
    You do realise that the party you mindlessly worship banned smoking in pubs?
    I never said I worship the Labour Party, but don't try and escape your terrible proposal by using an ad hominem argument.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr. Orange)
    You'd be better off avoiding the smoke by staying in your mum's basement all day thinking up troll threads on a student forum...

....oh wait
    Hahaha... :thumbsup:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drunk Punx)
    Cross the street then.

Why should you cross the street? Why should I cross the street? :holmes:
    Because you are the cause of the problem? You are the one actively producing a harmful stench; therefore, the onus should be on you to alter your path.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with thread starter ban smoking in all public places, including streets

the 10m rule from buildings is not being respected , and I have to suffer the health consequences of passing through a cancer cloud a few times a day while entering and leaving buildings

the only way is to ban smoking completely in pubic

ReputationRep:

....oh wait
    It's her Nan's basement actually :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Low Profile)
    I never said I worship the Labour Party, but don't try an escape your terrible proposal by using an ad hominem argument.
    Haha, this is what you said earlier:

'Nazi Thatcher, get out of here you wrinkly old bag.'

How about you practice what you preach?

ReputationRep:
    It is annoying - last week I had a bad chest from flu and was walking through town and the smoke from the guy in front kept making me cough. Not the end of the world though and normally isnt a problem. Live and let live I say.

ReputationRep:

....oh wait
    Says the guy with almost 4,000 posts!

ReputationRep:
    Says the guy with almost 4,000 posts. :teehee:

It's beautiful outside, get out more!
    you have nearly 2000 posts done in less than a year, go figure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Low Profile)
    You didn't say it, but its quite evident you do.

Its funny how the labour supporters have already forgot how badly they ruined this country. I'm not a supporter of any political party, but I definately do not want Labour in power - that is one thing I am 100% sure of.

ReputationRep:
    Haha, this is what you said earlier:

'Nazi Thatcher, get out of here you wrinkly old bag.'

How about you practice what you preach?
    That was not to do with Smoking, that was just a general interpretation I made by the likes of you/
    • PS Helper

tbh I would mind smoking on the streets less if I didn't continually have their awful second hand smoke blown back in my face to breath in.

smoking is awful. I'd encourage anyone to give it up.

ReputationRep:
    I think they should make tobacco brownies, but instead of tobacco its weed, and sell them. Everyones a winrar

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pothead1)
    You didn't say it, but its quite evident you do.

Its funny how the labour supporters have already forgot how badly they ruined this country. I'm not a supporter of any political party, but I definately do not want Labour in power - that is one thing I am 100% sure of.
    It's not evident I'm a Labour Worshiper, just because I have a avatar of Ed Miliband. I can guarantee that Labour proposals which were mentioned in their manifesto were much more fair and better planned than the ConDems.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.