Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hanging out with SOME white people can get sooooo tedious, I hope I don't turn racist Watch

ReputationRep:
    For those who're saying "get over it", do you actually believe that blacks have an equal opportunity in the UK?

ReputationRep:
    Although the OP is now coming across as more and more racist, I think his first post was slightly misunderstood. When you first meet someone and ask them where they are from and they say, england, or a part of england or whatever, it is pretty clear that they consider themselves to be english. Now if you then go, but where are you originally from? that doesn't make any sense, because they are originally from england. And it probably feels like they are trying to differentiate you even though you probably grew up with mostly the same culture?
    And in any case, I think what he was trying to say was that if you are going to be friends with someone, that would not be the most important thing (if you're not a racist person), so for people to keep asking that first, it feels like racial background is the most important thing to forming a friendship to these people or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rajandkwameali)
    lol.... you don't even know my race, why assume I am white?

Yes, black people universally should get over slavery. what are black people doing to move beyond slavery and improve? Most black people tend to have this victim complex/inferiority complex about slavery, and it only makes them look like losers.
    white people are too scared to say this to a black mans face...so I suppose it makes you look like pussies?

ReputationRep:
    You know you are being racist right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bongboy6969)
    stupid idiots don't realise that they probably have norweigan, danish, dutch, french, irish heritage, so me asking them th same question, they should say france or denmark no? yet they don't, they always say england, as if having french ancestors doesn't matter, but having indian heritage somehow precludes you from stating your from england)
    roflmao this is nonsense. People with an Irish/Scottish/Northern/European accent ALWAYS get asked where they are from. In fact, most people get asked full-stop on a first meeting. Its just an easy conversation starter, like talking about the weather or football. Get a grip...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fist)
    For those who're saying "get over it", do you actually believe that blacks have an equal opportunity in the UK?
    For the most part, yes. There is racism, but only institutional.

All racial/ethnic groups have the same rights in our society.

ReputationRep:
    Well guys,The title has done it.To be fair could you not see this would get the racists in umbro to come here.I will remind all educated people; please do not feed the racists they bite.Also I worry that anything not bought from farmfoods or poundland could cause them to spontaneously combust.
    Run for your lives BNP ducks.Quack immigration QUACK I SMELL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bongboy6969)
    white people are too scared to say this to a black mans face...so I suppose it makes you look like pussies?
    And you are too scared to say your bull**** to a white persons face.

See how that worked ?

ReputationRep:
    if they are, so what? I think it's true nonetheless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shooting.star)
    Although the OP is now coming across as more and more racist, I think his first post was slightly misunderstood. When you first meet someone and ask them where they are from and they say, england, or a part of england or whatever, it is pretty clear that they consider themselves to be english. Now if you then go, but where are you originally from? that doesn't make any sense, because they are originally from england. And it probably feels like they are trying to differentiate you even though you probably grew up with mostly the same culture?
    And in any case, I think what he was trying to say was that if you are going to be friends with someone, that would not be the most important thing (if you're not a racist person), so for people to keep asking that first, it feels like racial background is the most important thing to forming a friendship to these people or something.
    To be honest, im kinda stooping to their level and i've probably said some outragous stuff that I genuinly don't actually believe, which is very wrong of me and I apologise, but sometimes their so idiotic the only way you can get back at them is with a retarded response (it's not a good excuse I know, but it's the truth)

when I made this topic, i really wanted poeple to know im not racist, this is why I said SOME whites

and you are totally correct in what you said, about my original post...I was born here, yet people want to look past that so they can still create some sort of racial divide...again I don't mind people asking me this, but sometimes it is clear that some white people place too much importance on "where your ancestors are from"

some of the responses in this topic clearly indicate that racism is still a major issue in this country

also the fact that im supposed to have no issue with a big group of white people laughing at the fact that having brown skin is unfortunate, and im out of order for even neing slightly offended, shows how biased and unfair some of you are...what is most worrying is that most don't see how bigoted their being...

ReputationRep:
    You know what's funny? The OP is hearing some people on here saying things like black people should 'get over it', and claiming that because of it, all white people think the same thing.

Then there are people like me, who are white and fully in support of equality, and we're being ignored.

ReputationRep:
    @Bong boy. Back to reality.excuse me. I apologise firstly for asking this as this seems to be one of the reasons your mad.what ethnicity are you.I only ask to better asertain your arguement.

ReputationRep:
    I have alot of white friends, I have alot of asian and black friends also!

I tend to look at individuals rather than an entire race when I speak to people..

But why do SOME white people constantly bring up te subject of race, and then say "it doesn't matter, im not racist etc"

Not all white people are like this...some genuinly don't care...some are genuinly interested etc.

I usually find that a white person that has already gotten to know you, and then asks questions is someone who is genuinly interested and doesn't simply look at you as "an asian, or a black" as they have already become your friend...

however some white people ask you about your race/ religon/ where you are from as soon as they mett you! now, unless you have a foreign accent, why is this such an important issue when you FIRST meet someone? (when you say engand, they say oooo, but where is your family from....stupid idiots don't realise that they probably have norweigan, danish, dutch, french, irish heritage, so me asking them th same question, they should say france or denmark no? yet they don't, they always say england, as if having french ancestors doesn't matter, but having indian heritage somehow precludes you from stating your from england)

I don't go round asking white people whether their mother is scottish and father is french; because it doesn't matter to me/I don't care....
    It's simply because of how obvious it is that you're from your particular mixed-race background. Since everyone in Europe looks the same, there's no social prompt to ask them about their ancestry. Someone with a strong northern accent would, in the south, invite similar pigeonholing and endless chat about his origin, simply because it is like a shibboleth which really makes the difference noticeable. Whereas the origin of a Northerner who talked using Received Pronunciation because of, say, social class, would not be commented on quite so much. To use your example of the European melting pot, someone whose French accent was noticeable would similarly invite just as many questions about his origin as you experience.

If someone's noticing a particular thing but deliberately not saying anything about it, it becomes an elephant in the room, which is awkward for them and tends to inhibit relations. This is why racial groups find it hard to mix, I believe: they feel like they are not allowed to comment on each other's race.

ReputationRep:
    BTW, I love the fact that everyone doesn't see anything wrong with me being told that having bron skin is unfortunate, yet is so shocked that I may consider some white people racist

give me a break...

and then this country gets bombed and everyone is like 'but whyyy!??'

:|
    Are you suggesting that it would be just for this guy to be bombed because he made a racist joke? :curious:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CommonPeople)
    You know what's funny? The OP is hearing some people on here saying things like black people should 'get over it', and claiming that because of it, all white people think the same thing.

Then there are people like me, who are white and fully in support of equality, and we're being ignored.
    this is whay I said the word "some" and highlighted it in capital letters in the thread title right? :rolleyes:

My best friend is white, I know he's not racist, but SOME are! Like I said in the very firt line of this entire topic..yet your now telling me im ignoring the white people that aren't racist bigots?

err...shudda gone to specsavers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rajandkwameali)
    lol.... you don't even know my race, why assume I am white?

Yes, black people universally should get over slavery. what are black people doing to move beyond slavery and improve? Most black people tend to have this victim complex/inferiority complex about slavery, and it only makes them look like losers.
    Excuse me, can you speak for your own country. If you had said black British people need to get over slavery, then I would totally agree.

I have only ever come across this slave mentality in Black British people. You do not know anything about black people in Africa to be making such a comment. I don't know much about America but from my observations they have come a long way from slavery. Black British people are the ones who need to sort themselves out.

ReputationRep:
    OP you are quite possibly the most annoying person that I've ever had the displeasure of not meeting.
    Seriously, you are making your race an issue - I have plenty of friends that are black, asian, mixed race etc and it isn't an issue because they see themselves as being British first and foremost and aren't bothered about their race.
    You are coming on here complaining about the 'white people in Britain' and in doing so you're being every bit as racist, bigoted and bloody annoying as any of these people that have offended you. I couldn't give a damn about the colour of a person's skin and I don't know anyone else that does, but with an attitude like yours it's hardly surprising that you don't get on with a lot of people.

Oh, and in relation to your little rant about my ancestors probably being French or German so I'm no more British than you are...Ok, so my father is half celtic which means that his ancestors stretch right the way back to pre-roman Britain, they could have built stonehenge for all I know. On my mothers side my ancestors are English and have a coat of arms which dates back to 1240. My point is that like it or not my ancestors helped build this nation; that makes me British, the colour of my skin doesn't come into it and nor does whether a thousand years ago my closest ancestor was a saxon or a frank.

Look, I'm not going to tell you to get on a plane or any of that rubbish, just chill out and stop looking to cause a fight - radical Islam and out of control immigration are already causing more than enough racial tension as it is. All you're doing with this thread is fueling the hate that you're on here moaning about - you are creating a lovely little self-fulfilling prophecy because frankly the 'horrible, bigoted, boring White British' that you have such a problem with are getting pretty fed up with being made to feel like second class citizens in a country that was theirs long before it was ever yours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CommonPeople)
    No.
    No.
    No.
    I won't tolerate this at all.
    You have no foundation for a claim that 50% + British people are members of far right-wing groups like the BNP. That is a disgraceful thing to suggest.

Did you see Nick Griffin on Question Time? Did you hear how they booed him, mocked him. Did you see him get spat on and beaten up in the street? That's because he's a filthy disgusting pig, and the majority of the British people hate his guts. I do. I think he's the worst example of a human being. I'd like to hurl a brick at him.

Do you know how many seats he has in parliament? None. Because he had barely any votes. There is a foul racist minority in this country, like BNP members, but to suggest that the MAJORITY are like that?
    It's not called for at all. Especially since there are so many British people who campaign for equality, who stand up for minorites, and appreciate multiculturism.
    People lie but numbers don't lie,about 1.5 million white british voted for BNP these past elections and thats excluding all other racist parties.In europe right-wingers are coming into power and have started to apply their racist policies.

I don't know why whites love to blame immigrants 24/7 for their own failures.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mm_Minty)
    Are you suggesting that it would be just for this guy to be bombed because he made a racist joke? :curious:
    ofocurse not! I wou;dn't wish death upon anyone, but I think it's stupid that some white people are like "why is this happening" and calling every terroist attack in the media "unprovoked" WHEN OTHERS ARE TELLING BLACK TO GET OVER SLAVERY AND THAT MUSLIMS SHOULD GO TO THE MIDDLE EAST! I think it's very obvious why this country is being attacked....

Why is it acceptable for him to make a racist joke BTW?

I can't belive some of you think the joke was perfectly acceptable, but me saying "thisis why people hate this country" isn't? :curious:

ReputationRep:
    That's like me saying : "The twin towers got blown up...get over it"

If the Nazis won the second world war, would you tell churchill to "get over it" ?

Would you tell jews to "get over" the holocaust?

Why when a mosque is being built where the twin towers used to be (which I personally didn't agree with) why doesn't the majority of white people say "meh, terrorists attcked us, but let's just get over it"

So a black person should get over slavery, but god forbid a white person ever forgets what muslim extremists did in 9/11 or the london train bombings....

see how unfair/biased SOME (I genuinly hope it is not MOST) of you white people are?

when the world cup was on, you are contantly reminding german of the world war when your pissed outta your skull, yet we should never mention the word slavery again?

it's ignorant people like you that create terrorists in this world

You can blame any terrorists attacks we ever get on idiots like this!
    This has nothing to do with this thread but...................... it's always blame the Muslims isn't it. :rolleyes: It's not really your fault. Just the media for creating a moral panic resulting in the masses following like sheep.

And by the way it wasn't a mosque they were building it was a prayer centre for the workers to pray in. They could have also had a basketball court, tennis court etc in there as well. Heck, even a synagogue in the exact same room. That was what the media was hyping up.
    And the majority followed the devils song like the sheep they are.:rolleyes:

But I like your argument and I agree with most of what you say and how white people are always more curious to find out where your from so abruptly that it gets annoying and your like "why do you want to know so badly" but I wouldn't say that was what's racist.

It's when SOME middle class white boys who think they have the world in the palm of their hands and think that they're special they can say whatever they want because 'that white comedian off the T.V. can say so obviously it must be acceptable.'

If your "friend" ever tells you stop playing the race card tell him "stop playing 'the stop playing the race card' card". Either he'll realise the error of his ways or shut up out of confusion.

Spoiler:
    Show
    I coin the term "stop playing 'the stop playing the race card' card"

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.