Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

People who think size 12/14 are too big/fat! Watch

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut:

Aren't people allowed an opinion anymore?

Some of us don't find size ten or over attractive, just as some women wouldn't be attracted to a fat guy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aspiringlawstudent)
    :lolwut:

Aren't people allowed an opinion anymore?

Some of us don't find size ten or over attractive, just as some women wouldn't be attracted to a fat guy.
    size 10 isnt fat...depending on your height anyway

but yeah true, everyone has their own preferences :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flowermaster91)
    size 10 isnt fat...depending on your height anyway

but yeah true, everyone has their own preferences :dontknow:
    I don't particularly think size ten is fat, just personally to me it doesn't seem very slim.

ReputationRep:
    Aside from all of the above comments about dress size being a terrible way to measure attractiveness or health, I'm elated to be a size 12 =)

ReputationRep:
    Photoshop.

ReputationRep:
    In my opinion I do think size 12/14 could have a high body fat percentage, provided that she has an average height. I am sensitive to this as I like to keep track of my own body fat percentage to help me with my work outs. I am a size 10 and I am constantly working to reduce it

However if I just see a size 12/14 on the street, as long as their bodies are in good proportions and have good ratios then I think they are beautiful with great curves. The word "fat" only pop up to me if someone has visible bits that are well out of proportion. From a visual point of view it is the proportion and ratio that are more important

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StressReliever)
    Erin O'Connor is a size 8, not a 12.

Also how can a 5ft size 8 woman be 'quite fat', that seems like a bit of an exaggeration to me....unless they were 'skinny-fat', i.e. no muscle and high body fat % or your shop has a bad case of vanity sizing.
    she was just tiny in general, but not skinny.. like i could see her rolls through her t shirt etc. but it wouldnt make her measurements big, even though she was fat...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-sto...5875-22094032/

and erin o'connor is a size 12

ReputationRep:
    Sizes are just written on a label.
    Everyone changes in body shape and size. Personally size 12/14 are the sizes of various people i know (women in this case) and they happen to be very pretty and regardless of size excellent friends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jimmyatemyworld)
    she was just tiny in general, but not skinny.. like i could see her rolls through her t shirt etc. but it wouldnt make her measurements big, even though she was fat...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-sto...5875-22094032/

and erin o'connor is a size 12
    That girl must have had a poor body composition, i.e. high fat to muscle ratio. A person can be normal weight yet flabby and out of shape if they lack muscle aka 'skinny-fat'. Most 5ft, size 8 women will be slim-average.

As for Erin O'Connor, she might be a size 12 now but definitely started out as an 8, measurements 34-25-35 and was rumoured to be only 9 stone at a height of 6ft!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purple_starlight)
    may I remind that Marilyn Monroe was a size 12/14
    *Hits head on desk*
    No. Nonono. Just no.

Her measurements were around 36-23-36 (varies by an inch or so depending on the source). That is in NO WAY a modern size 12/14. By dressmaking standards in the 50s or so, yes, probably, she was that size. But anybody with any dressmaking experience can tell you that even now a lot of patterns run small and we've had some SERIOUS vanity sizing.

Her hips and waist are around a size 8, in fact she's a little smaller, the only way she's a larger size is from being well blessed in the boobs dept. :P

ReputationRep:
    My God there are some moronic guys out there.

'Anything size 10 or over is too big.'

'Size 8 is perfect.'

I'm 6ft 3, with a size 12 waist, but I sometimes need a size 14 top because of my boobs. I'm only three pounds over the MINIMUM weight for my height.

For me to be a size 8, I'd have to be SERIOUSLY underweight, and to be a 10 I'd be underweight. I'm not going to put my health at risk, just because a bunch of ignorant fools think my size is 'too big'.

Some guys needs to stop thinking in dress size and realize that it's about body shape, body proportions etc.

What would these guys do, if they met and fell for a girl who they thought had a great body, but then found out she was a size 12? Dump her?!

Idiots.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pocketfulofposy)

'Size 8 is perfect.'

I'm 6ft 3, with a size 12 waist, but I sometimes need a size 14 top because of my boobs. I'm only three pounds over the MINIMUM weight for my height.

For me to be a size 8, I'd have to be SERIOUSLY underweight, and to be a 10 I'd be underweight. I'm not going to put my health at risk, just because a bunch of ignorant fools think my size is 'too big'.

Some guys needs to stop thinking in dress size and realize that it's about body shape, body proportions etc.

What would these guys do, if they met and fell for a girl who they thought had a great body, but then found out she was a size 12? Dump her?!

Idiots.
    Why is this a big deal? Guys bang on about how they don't like girls that look like 'sticks' and girls that are a size 6 or whatever, yet that seems to be ok?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pocketfulofposy)

'Size 8 is perfect.'

Idiots.
    Repped.
    Completely agree, I swear that a lot of guys have absolutely NO idea about female clothing sizes and how they vary according to height, frame, etc. They just read in their "lads mags" or whatever that a size 8 is hot, and think that's the perfect size for every girl.
    My boyfriend's brother said a while ago that he would never date a girl over a size 10- At which point I told him I was wearing size 12 jeans (I'm 5 foot 7) so he obviously must find me obese. He was visibly shocked because he genuinely had no idea of what a size 12 on a tall-ish girl actually looked like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mtoo)
    There's been many threads on here that say in general that sizes 12 / 14 are too big? Is this really the general opinion, considering some of these examples?

These girls are all size 12, 14,16. Would you guys seriously not hit that? I think they are gorgeous.

ugly

wtf is up with the myspace angle?

she looks like she's 7ft tall

she's ok but big nose

fat belly

fat belly

see above

ReputationRep:
    Most guys on TSR weigh about 60kg so understandably they're going to feel threatened by any woman above a size 6.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Amy-Eliza~)
    Repped.
    Completely agree, I swear that a lot of guys have absolutely NO idea about female clothing sizes and how they vary according to height, frame, etc. They just read in their "lads mags" or whatever that a size 8 is hot, and think that's the perfect size for every girl.
    My boyfriend's brother said a while ago that he would never date a girl over a size 10- At which point I told him I was wearing size 12 jeans (I'm 5 foot 7) so he obviously must find me obese. He was visibly shocked because he genuinely had no idea of what a size 12 on a tall-ish girl actually looked like.
    Yep, my ex boyfriend made a very similar comment at which point I asked why he'd been with a size 12 for so long if it was so fat. Refused to believe I was that size.

Dress sizes mean absolutely nothing. They're not remotely standardised (I class myself as a 12 because that's what I buy most often but I have 8 - 16 in my wardrobe!), they don't take height or proportion or build into account.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arturo Bandini)
    Most guys on TSR weigh about 60kg so understandably they're going to feel threatened by any woman above a size 6.
    Think you just hit the nail on the head there..................

ReputationRep:
    Clothing sizes mean nothing, it's all how you fill it. I work out as a 12 average, but my stomach, thighs, arms etc are size 8 measurements. I just have huge boobs and a big bum lol! Most girls who have the same proportion as me have to wear clothes size 12-14, it's all about your body shape I say, not clothing size.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    see above
    I would be interested to see pictures of women you actually sleep with (unless of course, you sleep with women you judge to have unsavoury features like fat bellies and big noses).

ReputationRep:
    I think plus size models are generally gorgeous. I don't like skinny women to be honest.

^ Erika Elfwencrona. UK size 14/16 and probably has the most sexy body I have ever seen.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.