Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is slipping on ice on your own the most embarrassing thing ever? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TuckingFypo™)
    Yeah...I take what I want, when I want. :dumbells:
    Nah... I meant it was you who rang 999. :gigg:

ReputationRep:
    Not happened to me yet, and I'm out a lot of the time. People almost always laugh when they see people slip/fall, so be careful next time!

(Original post by Ladipidoo)
      Nah... I meant it was you who rang 999. :gigg:
      I ain't no woman. Nor am I "completely irresponsible". :mrssanta:
      • PS Helper
      • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
      Done that so many times, including right in front of entrance for club :facepalm:

One of my friends did it and recovered by making a snow angel LOL!
      • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
      Its embarrassing when you're alone but when you're with friends you can just laugh it off

Not the most embarrassing though :P
      • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
      Done that so many times, including right in front of entrance for club :facepalm:

One of my friends did it and recovered by making a snow angel LOL!
      Your friend is awesome :')
      • PS Helper
      • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by XxCBxX)
      Your friend is awesome :')
      Indeed muchly so! Plus we were drunk so it was extra funny :P

ReputationRep:
      When i fell i didnt immediately try to get back up, stay put for about 5 seconds and just look around and laugh it of with whoevers laughing / saw you lol.

ReputationRep:
      I haven't fallen over YET... touch wood... but I keep skidding all over the place despite the fact I'm walking so carefully that I look like a retarded penguin.

(Original post by Fandabidoze!)
      No. I'd say having a bird **** on you is worse.

I didn't slip in January and I haven't slipped during the current cold weather. Now that I've said that, I expect to perform a faceplant tomorrow.
      It is. :emo:

ReputationRep:
      I slip all the time. The most embarrassing thing to happen though is getting off a bus and then walking into their wing mirror.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Lewroll)
      I was with some people and slipped. They all started laughing so I pretended I was having a fit on the floor. That stopped the laughter...

Ha. I've actually done this whilst playing murder in the dark - several years ago now.

ReputationRep:
      Some guy slipped over in front of me at a Zebra crossing earlier, as I proceeded to see if he was alright I went and slipped on the same piece of ice!! However I JUST managed to keep my feet! Phew! We must have looked like Laurel and Hardy though!

ReputationRep:
      Definitely embarrassing, but not the worst! Whenever I fall over I always manage to cut my hands
      Still, I couldn't help but literally cry with laughter at those videos:
      Bless them

ReputationRep:
      I fell on the stairs in English the other day, inside. :dunce:
      Flat on my back, it was like someone had taken my legs out.

ReputationRep:
      More embarrassing would be whilst attempting to make an awkward ons a sausage sandwich, you fill the flat with smoke causing the fire alarm to go off, ultimately requiring the whole of your residence to evacuate, therefore forcing you to stand out with flatmates not only taking abuse for setting off the alarm, but also having to introduce and make small talk with a fellow you vaguely remember calling 'Matt' or 'Sam'

Not a fan of falling on ice, though.

ReputationRep:
      Only happened to me when i just started playing ice hockey which was 5 yrs ago.
      Other than that, i've never slipped on ice anymore, not unless i did it on purpose.
      What's weird though is, i don't slip on ice, but i slip on a normal floor most of the time. :confused:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by spocckka)
      I was walking down main street in my town, just daydreaming and listening to my iPod when I randomly just slipped onto my backside on ice. Everybody saw and loads of cars beeped at my. People were laughing from the other side of the street.

There is no cool way to recover from that.

Who else has experienced this?
      Chin up my friend, for I have a story that will cheer you up no end.

A couple of years back, I was in my first year at uni, and one of my flatmates was an Indian guy who was not very accustomed to snow. As it turned out, he was also very unaccustomed to getting up early on in the morning for his lectures, as a result of which he frequently slept in. This one morning, as was normal for him, he woke up at 8:50 am, meaning he had to get his clothes on, and literally run to his lecture. However, this cold january morning there was roughly 2-3 inches of snow on the ground. Unaccustomed to snow as he was, he simply attempted to run through the snow, coming to a small crest on the pavement just outside his uni building, he then proceeded to slip, at full running speed, about three feet in the air, and then slide somewhat unceremoniously for several metres along the icy pavement, in full view of at least 100 students who were waiting on their lectures. He then attempted to get up, and slipped again. He then had to sit through an entire lecture soaking wet, freezing, and with everyone laughing at him. He was a surprisingly good sport about it, even when I was absolutely pissing myself laughing at him back at the flat.

Your fall pales in comparison my friend.

ReputationRep:
      omg today i was walking downtown and i was wearing my loose sweatpants and i just decided to go commando today.

i was in a rush to cross to the other side of the rode, and i slipped on ice so my pants fell down and they got knotted in my backpack - for 20 seconds i flashed everything in the middle of a pedestrian crossing with cars watching.

a girl helped me up

-embarasing

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.