Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Public displays of affection. Yay or Nay? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm not very PDA'y and it makes me really annoyed/awkward when people are practically dry humping in public.

I don't mind like my boyfriend having his arms around me, pecks on the cheek etc. But anything more just makes me uncomfortable in public! Unless it's been weeks since we've seen each other then big sloppy kisses are okay ;D

So, generally, a 'nay' unless it's just kept to a minimum oh.. and definitely not around friends, third wheel feeling much?

ReputationRep:
    I don't think there's anything wrong with kissing in pubs and clubs, as generally the only people who would take notice are prudish people, or maybe people who've just suffered a break up and/or hate being single...
    but as for PDA's, I say nay. Peck kisses, and holding hands, and hugging is absolutely fine, but standing in the street, up against a wall, eating each other's faces off and being pressed into each other to make it obvious you want to f*ck, is not.

ReputationRep:
    Yay. Risky business in a club with ex's around though but I like the adrenaline.

ReputationRep:
    There are displays of affection and then there are gross acts of Tonsil tectonic activity. Sometimes, I often get the feeling about the latter that it's more about "Look at us! We're a couple! Hahahaha! In your face, single people!" than "I love you."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dumdedoobie)
    What are your thoughts on people who kiss in pubs or clubs/on the street etc? Personally, I don't see anything wrong with it. My boyfriend says it makes him uncomfortable. I can't help feeling like he's a bit ashamed of me to be honest!

Thoughts?
    I don't mind kissing normally, no, but there's a couple who hang out with my friends, and they're all over each other - for example, she'll usually have her hand down his boxers in the canteen whilst we try to eat, or when we went camping once in this field with a park they climbed on this plastic tractor thing and started dry humping and we were all just like...
    :dots:
    Its gross.

So, in small doses fine. Otherwise its seriously in your face, childish and sickening.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 4, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.