Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    subway is good junk food like low fat ben and jerries or something ...

ReputationRep:
    I suppose it depends what you get.

I usually get a toasted beef and red onion sub myself, but I'm pretty sure the beef has a fair bit of salt in it. I could make it epically unhealthy though if I wanted to :P

The meatball mariana is killer though - I got one from a 24 hour Subway in Central London before a night out - that sorted me for the night!

ReputationRep:
    What a load of *******s. Of course its not junk food, its a freshly made sandwich packed with salad items. Low in sugar, low in salt, low in fat. Exactly the right amount of carbs, dairy, protein and nutrition you need for lunch. Just because its from an American chain does not automatically make it junk food. Oh the limited thinking on this forum :facepalm2:

I love how people here sneer at subway and then go and eat a **** ing prepacked sandwich and a bag a crisps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainbow drops)
    Six inch Meatball Marinaras have the salt and fat equivalent of nine packets of Walkers crisps. So a footlong would be the equivalent of eighteen.
    I'd much rather have those 9 packets of crisps then thank you!!

ReputationRep:
    It's a fast food chain with healthy and unhealthy options like any restaurant.

If you have say, (my favourite) a 6 inch Turkey and Ham, lettuce, cucumber, tomato, onions, gherkins, jalapenos, peppers, that's going to be healthier for you than a 6 inch double meat steak and cheese!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cicerao)
    Ingredients for the bread: Enriched wheat flour (wheat flour, barley malt, niacin, iron, thiamin mononitrate,
    riboflavin, folic acid), water, yeast, high fructose corn syrup, whole wheat flour, wheat gluten, contains
    2% or less of the following: oat fiber, soybean oil, salt, wheat bran, rolled wheat, rye nuggets, dough
    conditioners (DATEM, sodium stearoyl lactylate), yeast nutrients (calcium sulfate, ammonium sulfate),
    degermed yellow corn meal, rolled oats, rye flakes, caramel color, triticale flakes, parboiled brown rice,
    refinery syrup, honey, barley flakes, flaxseed, millet, sorghum flour, azodiacarbonamide, natural flavor
    (maltodextrin, natural flavor, silicon dioxide, lactic acid)

So...yeah. Not to mention people generally have the meat subs which are very unhealthy.
    I always have the veggie one with lots of salad, cheese and light mayo. Am I gonna die?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dd4483)
    Does it fall into the same category as McDonalds and Burger King, or not? I just feel bad after eating it, as I've always considered it to be 'junk food'.
    its ok as a sandwich you have once in a while.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    I generally feel bad after a Sub, but that's because of the sheer COST of the place.

Gotta love a good chicken breast sub with salad and ranch sauce :coma:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.