Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What song/artist are you currently obsessed with? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mally-xo)

yeah, they better play that song at Wembley when I see them, so good :sexface:

aww yeah he has a pretty immense taste. my mum used to get really pissed off at him when he insisted on playing papa roach to me and my sister when we were younger. he used to just go 'blahhh' over the rude bits in last resort
    at least he is supportive of my music taste usually, most of my friends don't get the appeal of the decent music I like. but each to their own haha.

:yy: whoo, nice choice, I find it really hard to pinpoint my all time favourite band but they would probably be up there in my top ten!
    I like Papa Roach and all but they have some seriously emo-ish lyrics. Not something I'd play to my kids haha.

I only have a few friends who like my taste. Well mainly one - he goes to all the gigs with me.

Yeh... well technically Protest The Hero are my most played artist (My last.fm) but 36 Crazyfists just have a lasting appeal.

Did you ask where I'm seeing Kamelot? Koko - Camden

ReputationRep:
    glee... guilty pleasure for sure. the season 2 songs are even better haha.
    in normality: the smiths, the cribs, john mayer + taylor swift

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 69Crazyfists)
    I like Papa Roach and all but they have some seriously emo-ish lyrics. Not something I'd play to my kids haha.

I only have a few friends who like my taste. Well mainly one - he goes to all the gigs with me.

Yeh... well technically Protest The Hero are my most played artist (My last.fm) but 36 Crazyfists just have a lasting appeal.

Did you ask where I'm seeing Kamelot? Koko - Camden
    yup, that is exactly what my mum thought but she likes chris de burgh and rod stewart, so her opinion doesn't count :hmmm:

ughh your last fm is so good, I might sign up. I just use spotify at the moment! 795 plays of protest the hero? I have never heard of them, I'll take a listen in a bit maybe. and whoo for five finger death punch, your third highest and bfmv is on there too. I get to see them at Wembley too. unfortunately I'll have to endure bring me the horizon first though :ashamed2: I am actually dreading them slightly... who knows though, they *might* be bearable live.

ahh cool, I've never gone to any gigs up in Camden, I was considering going seeing dead by april at the underworld up there, but it was on halloween night and I was busy dressing up haha

ReputationRep:
    I'm completely in love with One Republic again at the moment. 'Good Life' just makes me smile so much :grin:.

(Original post by Speedy03)
    Foals, and Hurts.
    The only one of theirs I've heard is Illuminated and I'm completely in love with it. Can you recommend any of their other songs ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mally-xo)
    yup, that is exactly what my mum thought but she likes chris de burgh and rod stewart, so her opinion doesn't count :hmmm:

ughh your last fm is so good, I might sign up. I just use spotify at the moment! 795 plays of protest the hero? I have never heard of them, I'll take a listen in a bit maybe. and whoo for five finger death punch, your third highest and bfmv is on there too. I get to see them at Wembley too. unfortunately I'll have to endure bring me the horizon first though :ashamed2: I am actually dreading them slightly... who knows though, they *might* be bearable live.

ahh cool, I've never gone to any gigs up in Camden, I was considering going seeing dead by april at the underworld up there, but it was on halloween night and I was busy dressing up haha
    Ha that's why I didn't get tickets. That and I'd already spent £80 on gigs this month

PTH are great. Judging by your taste you'll like them. I'm not too sure how FFDP got so high... I used to listen a lot but, I didn't realise it was that much. Anyway, Kamelot will be 3rd by the end of the week

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrazyBeautiful)
    Very nice :yep:

We haven't done this one yes, and of course we have to-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYKJu...eature=related

That song gives me pure ear-gasms

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJBhdKrwTOc

ReputationRep:
    Muse - Supermassive Black Hole

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manga-freak)
    That song gives me pure ear-gasms

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJBhdKrwTOc

:yep:

On your link, I don't know if you've seen it but a link on the side (of the same groovy song) where they are wearing blue and green jumpers is hilarious. Especially at the end when the random men who pop up. God knows what programme it was from!

ReputationRep:
    I have listened to more Daft Punk than I thought possible this month
    Bombay Bicycle Club
    Best Coast

And Nicki Minaj, though I hate rap :erm:

ReputationRep:
    Michael Buble!! I had Hollywood on repeat for over an hour the other day Good job my housemates were out or they might have killed me!!

ReputationRep:
    Jessie J has been on repeat in my head for almost 2 days now
    And Pink - Rasie Your Glass

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emmie3303)
    I'm completely in love with One Republic again at the moment. 'Good Life' just makes me smile so much :grin:.

The only one of theirs I've heard is Illuminated and I'm completely in love with it. Can you recommend any of their other songs ?
    But of course! "Wonderful Life", "Blood, Tears, and Gold" are both pretty damn good, while i think you might recognise "Stay" from somewhere, like i did, although i couldn't tell you where i recognise it from! (Some TV show i swear...)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speedy03)
    But of course! "Wonderful Life", "Blood, Tears, and Gold" are both pretty damn good, while i think you might recognise "Stay" from somewhere, like i did, although i couldn't tell you where i recognise it from! (Some TV show i swear...)
    Yay, thanks . 'Stay' is amazing! I can't think where I've heard it, but you're right, it's familiar...

I think I'm going to be getting pretty obsessed with Hurts now :grin:.

ReputationRep:
    Wombling Merry Christmas - The Wombles :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Nine Black Alps- Pet Hate <3

ReputationRep:
    Currently, Ellie Goulding and Killswitch Engage...

ReputationRep:
    This is actually the sex :sexface:

ReputationRep:

I don't know why.

ReputationRep:
    The Glitch Mob. They do this sort of soft, slow Drum & Bass. No lyrics, just some great drum beats.

Really helps with my revision... Slows the encroaching insanity.

ReputationRep:
    Jessie J ~ Price Tag and Do it like a dude

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 21, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.