Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

PS3 vs. Xbox 360 - The Ultimate Verdict (Which is Superior?) Watch

• View Poll Results: PS3 vs. Xbox 360 - The Ultimate Verdict
    PS3
    57.25%
    Xbox 360
    32.82%
    Abstain - only ever played one, never played either, etc.
    9.92%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FyreFight)
    I own both.

The 360 is better for playing games. Hands down. No question. Every single multiplatform game I've ever played on both has run better on the 360, usually because they're designed for the 360 then ported (often shoddily) to the PS3. Its controller is so superior to the PS3's that they're not in the same league, and its online service, though pricier, is accepted as the current golden standard. Unless you have a serious hard-on for Jap exports, there's no reason to choose the PS3 as a game-playing machine.

As an all-round entertainment product, though, PS3 is the winner. Its iPlayer functionality, for example, is superb, and the ability to play Blu-Ray movies isn't to be sniffed at.
    But what about the exclusives the PS3 has? Heavy Rain, Little Big Planet, Uncharted, God of War, GT5, MGS4. If you want those games then obviously the PS3 is the better choice.

Although I think you are right about most multiplatform games being slightly better on the 360, or at least as good as the PS3 version. I get most multiplatform games on the 360. The PS3 version of Final Fantasy XIII is better though, as are a few other games. If you have a decent sound system the PS3 version might trump the 360 version in some cases because you can fit higher quality audio with more channels on a blu-ray disc.

ReputationRep:
    Don't hate cause you know its true.
    Not hate just like to point out noob posts.

ReputationRep:
    Piss off

ReputationRep:
    Hey Xbox, how your exclusives doing? Y'know, these ones:
    Mass Effect 2
    Fallout 3 DLC
    GTA4 DLC
    Braid
    And I totally haven't played these on PC:
    Left 4 Dead
    Mass Effect
    Gears of War
    Actually I can't be bothered listing all the "console" exclusives the 360 has, it's about 50. When I pay for an exclusive, it should be an exclusive. Plus the 360 tends to crap itself a die every so often.

ReputationRep:
    I own both.

The 360 is better for playing games. Hands down. No question. Every single multiplatform game I've ever played on both has run better on the 360, usually because they're designed for the 360 then ported (often shoddily) to the PS3. Its controller is so superior to the PS3's that they're not in the same league, and its online service, though pricier, is accepted as the current golden standard. Unless you have a serious hard-on for Jap exports, there's no reason to choose the PS3 as a game-playing machine.

As an all-round entertainment product, though, PS3 is the winner. Its iPlayer functionality, for example, is superb, and the ability to play Blu-Ray movies isn't to be sniffed at.
    So I can play God of War 3, Wipeout Fusion, Resistance 1 & 2, Motorstorm 1 & 2, LittleBigPlanet, Heavy Rain, GT5 and Valkyria Chronicles on 360 or PC?

ReputationRep:
    Some serious fan boys in here. :facepalm2:

They're pretty much even ffs.

ReputationRep:
    A test for PC Passport

PC owns all no im joking
      ps3 but kinect is better than move

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 11, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.