Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

most annoying things on public transport to you. watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    Urgh. Id've refused and politely told him there were many other seats available.

People can be so annoying.
    it really depends what mood i'm in
    i was so tired that i just got up and sat elsewhere.

I quite liked reading this thread because i don't want people to think something i do annoys them, so it's good to know what gets on people's nerves
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Fandabidoze!)
    I know what you mean about the wide legs thing.

Obviously as a man, I can't relate to the "accidental" boob touch but if I was a girl and that happened to me, I'd "accidentally" kick the guy in his imaginary massive ****. Seriously, everytime I read these type of threads, there are always some stories of a girl getting touched up, haven't seen any incidents of it IRL thankfully.
    Aha I've never kicked a guy in the balls...okay well I have, but not some randomer on public transport. Once I was in a foul mood though so I 'accidentally' spilt my drink all down him...

I'm always surprised how many guys get away with randomly touching up girls without people noticing. I guess on public transport we always go into our own little bubbles. I only notice things happening when they invade my bubble... :grumble:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    -When people bring their bikes on to trains and take up loads of room, especially if it's full.
    Agree
    -People who stand up like 5 whole minutes before their stop...it's not going to go without letting you get off, idiots.
    Agree
    -When you get to the platform and the door shuts as soon as you get there.
    Your fault
    -The way trains only come to small towns once an hour. I live 10 miles from my sixth form centre, if I miss my train, I'm screwed.
    -When people you don't know sit next to you and the train isn't full.
    just why?

ReputationRep:
    People who sit behind me and keep fidgeting so their legs press against my seat on the bus.
    Screaming babies. My bus journey is about 1 hour 20 minutes so it's not great when I'm tired and just want to get home.
    Chavs who storm to the back of the bus together in big groups and play music really loudly, and usually it's one song on repeat.
    Tourists. I live near Butlins so every Friday/Monday about 20+ people get on the bus and make loads of noise, usually drinking alcohol and making me feel uncomfortable.
    When little children sit in front of me and turn right around, staring at me for the whole journey.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ?!master?!mini?!)
    1) Not always. I've been there when the trains are running early (yes, early, shock horror!) and it's gone before it's meant to.

2) Because I feel it invades my personal space.

ReputationRep:
    Loud men who insist on intergrating swearwords into their conversations every 3 seconds, despite little kids being there. "Then i FACKIN told her to FACKIN let me sleep, what the faaack does she FACKIN think i am!"

Followed by obnoxious burping.

Also, people opening all the windows of the bus despite it being freezing. And on the school bus, stupid loud mouthed whiny year 7-10s squealing, shouting their conversations, throwing things and running around.

ReputationRep:
    when someone's gerrin sucked off just a few seats behind ya

when your train leaves in 30 seconds and there's some prick asking the best way to get to London and then whips out a credit card
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by 90pies an hour)
    when someone's gerrin sucked off just a few seats behind ya

when your train leaves in 30 seconds and there's some prick asking the best way to get to London and then whips out a credit card
    Worse when it's a few seats in front of you...

ReputationRep:
    Smelly people.
    People with dogs.
    Loud 14/15 year olds.
    Screaming brats.
    Junkies.
    University students who somehow still aren't secure in the fact that they are infact adults and have to prove it by shouting really loudly about moving in with their boyfriend/the fact they're going to a bar/the intracies of their essay to impress people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BoxesAndBangles)
    Smelly people.
    People with dogs.
    Loud 14/15 year olds.
    Screaming brats.
    University students who somehow still aren't secure in the fact that they are infact adults and have to prove it by shouting really loudly about moving in with their boyfriend/the fact they're going to a bar/the intracies of their essay to impress people.
    but you don't mind if it's an equally as loud 16-80 year old?

ReputationRep:
    undeniably smelly people.... and everyone packed like sardines

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 90pies an hour)
    but you don't mind if it's an equally as loud 16-80 year old?
    It's more the topic matter that bothers me. And people of different age groups are not usually that loud. Are you 14 or 15? I'm not saying it against all people that age, just the loud ones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    1) Not always. I've been there when the trains are running early (yes, early, shock horror!) and it's gone before it's meant to.

2) Because I feel it invades my personal space.
    Personal space on public transport. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I think I must have been on like a hidden camera show or something once.
    I was the ONLY person on the bus, and this man got on and sat right next to me and started reading one of those massive broadsheet newspapers and was leaning all over me.
    WHY?!? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ?!master?!mini?!)
    Personal space on public transport. :rofl:
    Exactly, it gets invaded and I don't like it. Public transport is vile.

ReputationRep:
    when your about to get off the train and people waiting to get on push past you to get on. damn that annoys the hell outa' me.

ReputationRep:
    Most of mine have already been mentioned in the thread so far!.But one thing that really annoys me is when people get on the bus with only half a bus pass!!.....I dont know about anywhere else but in Birmingham our bus passes have a top picture card and a bottom card that has the valid from and to dates on it. Now I have seen people get on a just flash the bottom date half at the driver. It might sound really pedantic but I'm a stickler for rules and they are clearly breaking the rules as posted on the back of the card.The bus driver never says anything!. Then there are those that dont realise that children over 5 have to pay bus fare and just get on and pay their own fare whilst their kids just walk past the driver........who again never utters a word!!. I wonder if it would work with my own kids, they are 14 and 12!.

Grrrr I hate public transport!

ReputationRep:
    people that shout to other folks down their phones and broadcast their whole life around the place, people who play music out loud on their phones sitting there trying to make out they are some hardcore, metalhead/ned/hipster or whatever else, other than that i dont mind other stuff.

oh wait little kids chucking 2p's and stuff around thinking they are some mad rebel for doing it :P

ReputationRep:
    That it's usually quicker and cheaper to just drive.

ReputationRep:
    When you're waiting ages for one of two buses, and they both come at the same time :mad:

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.