Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone ever tried absinthe? Watch

ReputationRep:
    A couple of bottles should be fine....

ReputationRep:
    I've had it squirted into my mouth from a watergun, but I didn't have much, so I didn't trip out or anything. I do remember that is twas absolutely disgusting, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by js374)
    Remember it crystallises in your stomach so when you wake up and have some water in the morning you will get drunk all over again.
    Surely you're thinking of Ouzo? :confused:

I did a few shots once. Even after it, all I could taste was liquorice (aniseed, kay?) for the rest of the night. Not that I complained; I'm an alcoholic connoisseur...

ReputationRep:
    Just have a shot. Thats what i did and wasnt that bad.

ReputationRep:
    It's nice if served properly - that is, placing a sugar cube on an absinthe spoon (essentially just a slotted one), placing the spoon over a glass with some absinthe in it, and slowly pouring iced water over the sugar, until it has dissolved, dripping down into the glass.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I had some last week.
    It was quite nice I had like hardly anything though and a load of lemonade

ReputationRep:
    Just for an update, I had at least three and a half shots of absinthe and a lot more besides. Almost certainly still drunk this morning. Oh dear...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I had it with coke once. Worst idea in the whole entire world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arekkusu)
    Just for an update, I had at least three and a half shots of absinthe and a lot more besides. Almost certainly still drunk this morning. Oh dear...
    Being drunk in the morning is not always a bad thing

ReputationRep:
    I don't really like it but me and a few mates do usually drink it before a night out.

We've got quite a few bottles in our flat and the usual routine is a double shot right before going to get the bus/taxi into town.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Blows your mouth to hell and back.

ReputationRep:
    I have. Apparently it was 85%. Didn't taste that it was twice as strong as vodka. I reckon a few shots should get you drunk.

ReputationRep:
    It tastes like paint stripper mixed with mouthwash but its great because its easier to shot.

ReputationRep:
    Urgh, no. Don't go there if you have things to do tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    Bought 70% green and 80% black back from slovakia. I would suggest that you only drink it the proper way which is diluting a shot of it with water poured over a sugar cube which you let settle various times until you fill your glass or have got the level you want (look it up)

It is not meant to be drunk straight and i would much rather eat a gram of ketamine than drink anything over 40% straight as it would be better for my stomach.

Your choice though.

ReputationRep:
    Done properly (spoon, sugar cube, match) and most important by someone else it was downable.

Done by myself, like most things, was absolutely bloody disgusting.

ReputationRep:
    You're not supposed to have very much as it can **** you up (especially when drunk with other alcohol)

ReputationRep:
    It hits you hard. Dont even try and do a bottle to yourself. Use this as a rule, every shot you do, imagine you just did three of normal strength vodka. Cause it feels like that

ReputationRep:
    Had 89.99% absinthe in Magaluf, horrible. My mate was drinking it in spoonfuls, only way he could get it down haha.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.