Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Fox brutally attacks my neighbour's Cat (sounded horrendous) Watch

ReputationRep:
    I see cat's having noisy stand-offs with foxes at the corner of my road - it's always the fox that backs off.

It'd have to be starving I reckon cos there's a lot more teeth, claws and fight in a cat that the usual stuff a fox'll attack.

Hows your neighbours cat looking now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reformed2010)
    I realise I never made it clear at first, that the animals were not in our garden but our neighbours. The time I realised what was happen, since I was inside with our kitchen door open the attack was done.
    You could have at least tried to scare it off by banging pots and pans together :dontknow:

The same thing happened to me two days ago, I looked out of my window to see a fox feasting on the carcass of my neighbour's cat.

ReputationRep:
      Blitz the little ****er

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by F i s)
      Lmao, the Evil Fox!

ReputationRep:
      i reckon by changing all our facebook pictures to cartoon cats we could stop this tyranny

FIGHT THE POWER

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by darkxangel)
      You are a foxist! Just because one fox was evil and killed the poor kitty doesn't mean all of them are like this!

Back to the topic, now I'm really worried about my little kitten. :sad:
      I'm not a foxist, I just think they should jog on.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by paddyman4)
      Reasoning at its finest.

To everyone else, I can't believe you are all acting shocked and appalled. Humans kill more animals than any other species does; they are responsible for creating millions of living creatures for the purpose of killing them - and the most morally sickening bit is that unlike the fox, humans don't have to eat animals to survive or even to be healthy. Humans have turned death into an industry and it's purely because people like the taste. So unless you're a vegetarian, have a look at yourselves before getting angry at an urban fox who, like most other urban foxes, is probably starving. (Incidentally what do you expect to happen when we let our rubbish provide a food source to spark a huge population of urban foxes and then overnight remove that food source by introducing wheelie bins - any idiot could have predicted a rise in fox attacks on pets.)
      Good post. It's retarded how much people victimize foxes. I'm willing to bet dogs have attacked more humans, children and cats than foxes ever will. It's unfortunate that the OP witnessed this and more so that she/he did **** all about it but for people to use this to support fox hunting... lol.

This is why hunting is disgusting. I didn't even know what a rabbit sounded like until I watched this shocking video... Imagine this but with several humans on horse back and about 15 dogs ravaging it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Eu2IWPk2r0

ReputationRep:
      You are a foxist! Just because one fox was evil and killed the poor kitty doesn't mean all of them are like this!

Back to the topic, now I'm really worried about my little kitten. :sad:
      Do you leave your kitten out unsupervised? It might sound oppressive but I don't let my cat out overnight nor do I leave her unsupervised when she is out. It's probably the reason why she's almost 16 and very healthy as opposed to finding her in a wheely bin or ravaged by some snarling dog.

ReputationRep:
      It's just nature, man up, and yes, you should tell your neighbours.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by thisisnew)
      Do you leave your kitten out unsupervised? It might sound oppressive but I don't let my cat out overnight nor do I leave her unsupervised when she is out. It's probably the reason why she's almost 16 and very healthy as opposed to finding her in a wheely bin or ravaged by some snarling dog.
      Actually she's a home/house-cat or something so she doesn't have to go outside and doesn't want to either (i locked her outside for a few minutes, but she started meowing in this really sad, cute voice so i had to let her in), but I'm still worried for some stupid reason. . Also there are no foxes where I live, or at least i haven't seen any foxes around. So yeah it's mostly because I'm paranoid that i will loose her. :sad:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by M1F2R3)
      I'm not a foxist, I just think they should jog on.
      Hmmm, that's what they all say! jk

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Boobies.)
      I don't think the fox understands that mauling cats is morally wrong, its just nature.

You should definitey tell the neighbours though.
      no one likes a snitch :no:

ReputationRep:
      It's a fox, it's got to eat something! Nature I'm afraid
      You should probably tell your neighbours though, unless its already eaten the whole carcass...

ReputationRep:
      I always see foxes chasing cats and I think they sometimes eat them as loads have gone missing around us and there are loads of urban foxes I see them every night.

ReputationRep:
      Hmmm, that's what they all say! jk
      :unimpressed:, I am a member of PETA I will have you know.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by rorydaredking)
      Since fox hunting was banned, there has been a huge increase in inner city foxes. So, havign never seen a fox in my younger years, now they are everywhere. And so this is not uncommon. My girlfriends cat got a broken leg by a fox. And the one night we heard something very similar at her house. I want to get a paintball gun or something to annoy the stupid things.
      The hunting ban has nothing to do with urban fox populations. Foxes are controlled with firearms. Even before the ban on hunting with dogs, shooting was still the most common, prefered and indeed the most effective method of controlling fox populations.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by M1F2R3)
      :unimpressed:, I am a member of PETA I will have you know.
      ooohhh, now I'm scared! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Phillipsherman)
      no one likes a snitch :no:
      :L Telling your neighbours that a fox has seriously maimed their pet is 'Snitching'?
      I don't think the fox will be too mad tbh

ReputationRep:
      ooohhh, now I'm scared! :rolleyes:
      For you

Spoiler:
      Show

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.