Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Every girl I meet has a boyfriend :( Watch

(Original post by TomTom11)
    OK listen mate , rule no.1 , DONT ask whether they ve bf or not , just assume they dont . Even if someone has a bf , if you like her , go for her coz ye she might have a bf but who knows maybe you re better than him and she might be dying on hw to ditch him and you might be exactly what she is longing for . So , as someone who has had a lot with ladies , well they seem to come in droves which is great , i understand them a lot . But ofcourse , make friendships etc and women like to be loved and made feel special , so try to do that and u ll c what will happen .
    I dont mean buy them stuff , NO , but treat them well but at the same time , remember you re a man and u got to do what a man's got to do !
    PAHAHAHAHAHA. Everyone take notes from the 'playa' right here. Pathetic.

ReputationRep:
    I have to be honest with you guys. I have read the entire thread from the OP till now and unsurprisingly Neil_K is actually right. A couple of weeks ago, I approached a woman and she told me that she had a boyfriend, I asked her whether that was true. She said yes but she ended up getting my number, we had one date where I told her what I expect/my intentions/objectives are and we ended up sleeping together a couple days later. She did admit that she infact lied about having a boyfriend because she didn't want a relationship at the moment and was going through a hard time.

Take this how you want. Women do infact lie about having a boyfriend. Whether that's because the guy is a creep or not has nothing to do with him. At the end of the day when a woman says they have a boyfriend it's not always true.

EDIT: I've just been reading his posts (twice so far) and I'm looking for the misogynistic words he's using to describe women. Can someone point them out because for the life of me I can't see them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d123)
    I won't admit it, because it's not true, at least not in my case or for the majority of my friends.
    Just because YOU don't lie about having a boyfriend doesn't mean other women don't.

Just because you've never seen your friends lie to men about having a boyfriend doesn't mean they haven't.

Your argument is becoming shaky now because you state that 'at least not in my case of the majority of my friends'. So basically you're admitting that what I'm saying may be true for other people besides you and your friends.

(Original post by d123)
    The truth behind that line for the majority of people is either that they really do have a boyfriend, or that they aren't interested but don't want to be a ***** and say so.
    Again, REREAD my earlier replies in this thread where I listed at least 6 things 'I've got a boyfriend' can mean.

You state this as FACT that 'I have a boyfriend' can only mean 1 of those 2 things. Again, this is simply NOT TRUE. There are AT LEAST half a dozen possible meanings to the line 'I've got a boyfriend'.

Until you understand that the line 'I've got a boyfriend' can mean a number of different things, we can't continue this discussion in a level manner.

(Original post by d123)
    It's not a game, there's no truth to be revealed and it isn't manipulative.
    If a woman lies to a guy about 'having a boyfriend', that is PLAYING GAMES, and that is MANIPULATIVE behaviour.

Again, since the line 'I've got a boyfriend' can mean at least 6 different things, and since there is no way to tell upfront if a girl is being truthful about having a boyfriend, then yes there IS truth to be revealed by delving a little deeper to find out what she REALLY means.

(Original post by d123)
    Don't you see how wrong your attitude is? Maybe it's just the way you're phrasing it though.
    How am I wrong to not like lies, games or manipulation from women? How is wrong to base my relationships on HONESTY, TRUST & RESPECT, and to expect the same in return from women?

If you think I'm wrong for being REAL and HONEST with women, and expecting the same from them, then you have no integrity, in which case I can't take you seriously.

(Original post by d123)
    You really don't sound like you do - it's hardly respectful of a girl to 'break her down'.
    Ok, so if someone is lying to you, is it respectful to a) accept their lies and let them dupe you ?, or b) call them out on their bull**** so you can find out the truth ?

Answer this question before you go any further.

The bottom line: it's hardly 'respectful' of a girl to lie to a guy in the first place and expect him to fall for those lies.

(Original post by d123)
    What about you being respectful towards her?
    How am I not being 'respectful towards her' by wanting to find out the truth behind the ambiguous line 'I've got a boyfriend'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Advanced Subsidiary)
    I have to be honest with you guys. I have read the entire thread from the OP till now and unsurprisingly Neil_K is actually right. A couple of weeks ago, I approached a woman and she told me that she had a boyfriend, I asked her whether that was true. She said yes but she ended up getting my number, we had one date where I told her what I expect/my intentions/objectives are and we ended up sleeping together a couple days later. She did admit that she infact lied about having a boyfriend because she didn't want a relationship at the moment and was going through a hard time.

Take this how you want. Women do infact lie about having a boyfriend. Whether that's because the guy is a creep or not has nothing to do with him. At the end of the day when a woman says they have a boyfriend it's not always true.

EDIT: I've just been reading his posts (twice so far) and I'm looking for the misogynistic words he's using to describe women. Can someone point them out because for the life of me I can't see them.
    I'm not saying that women don't lie about having a boyfriend, I'm just saying that if they say that you should back away, or at least just be friendly and not try to hit on them anymore, because that's just a bit stupid to do that.
    Of course there will be a couple of exceptions to that, but as a general rule if a girl says she's got a boyfriend, it means she isn't interested, whether that's because she just isn't interested or because she actually has a boyfriend.

And talking about women as needing to be 'broken down' is misogynistic. It's treating them like objects that you can do what you want to.

ReputationRep:

Thank you, you are someone who gets it.

I'm not misogynistic towards women at all. I like and respect them, as long as they are respectful towards me too. Honesty and respect has to work both way. So yeah, I don't hate women, but I do hate lies, dishonesty, disrespect, games, manipulation etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neil_K)
    How am I not being 'respectful towards her' by wanting to find out the truth behind the ambiguous line 'I've got a boyfriend'?
    She probably doesn't want a boyfriend. Get over it.

ReputationRep:

I'm not misogynistic towards women at all. I like and respect them, as long as they are respectful towards me too. Honesty and respect has to work both way. So yeah, I don't hate women, but I do hate lies, dishonesty, disrespect, games, manipulation etc.
    So you choose to relentlessly pursue the women who tell you they have boyfriends when they don't?

Logic fail :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    Many Girls, are terribly insecure, not about everything, but regarding relationships they are. They have real issues about being not having a boyfriend when with lads, being single might mean you aren't getting any,but theres less pressure on us.

While lying and saying you have a boyfriend is a bit sad, what some do is bag a guy they aren't all that into and stick with him until a better opportunity comes a long, when you overhear them talking about their 'boyfriend' don't take it as meaning she is a no go. If she tells you direct she has a boyfriend if you ask her out, I would be more wary as even if it's the above girls can use it as an excuse to get out of embarassing situations,like a guy they aren't into asking them out and not wanting to be brutal. Or it could be she has a boyfriend she really is loved up with and you don't have a hope.

Believe me if she likes you and isn't all that serious about the other guy, she will find a way to go out with you, and strangely her 'boyfriend' won't be mentioned.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d123)
    I'm not saying that women don't lie about having a boyfriend, I'm just saying that if they say that you should back away, or at least just be friendly and not try to hit on them anymore, because that's just a bit stupid to do that.
    Of course there will be a couple of exceptions to that, but as a general rule if a girl says she's got a boyfriend, it means she isn't interested, whether that's because she just isn't interested or because she actually has a boyfriend.

And talking about women as needing to be 'broken down' is misogynistic. It's treating them like objects that you can do what you want to.
    Nope, you're getting the wrong idea. When he says "broken down", he means to get them to reveal the truth and to stop the lies. If a woman says she has a boyfriend then that, young lady is a lie and manipulation, and I'm not a man that lies, I hate it.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, you're getting the wrong idea. When he says "broken down", he means to get them to reveal the truth and to stop the lies. If a woman says she has a boyfriend then that, young lady is a lie and manipulation, and I'm not a man that lies, I hate it.
    We know exactly what he means by 'broken down', but all you're doing is proving that it's about the need to make the conquest rather than an interest in the woman.

By saying she has a boyfriend when she doesn't, she's proven that
    a) she is not interested in you, and
    b) you should not be interested in her, because you've just said you hate lies

ReputationRep:

Same here, it's some of the worst traits in people. I have no idea why you have neg but I have yet to see any Pick up tactics from you or the belittlement towards women.

Someone needs to point it out to be. Breaking down women is not misogynistic, it's another way of saying "revealing the truth"

ReputationRep:
    There's lots of single females out there. :curious:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FireFox)
    This just keeps getting more and more frustrating by the day. I've met girls at Uni, and almost all of them in class seem to have a boyfriend, I go out and meet girls in other places and they have boyfriends, my friends seem to be getting with girls more often than I do, and at the moment I'm just getting frustrated.

Can anyone just give me some words of advice here?
    Same with me! Every girl who i've ever reacted to is always taken!

My advice is just keep at it by going out and meeting new ones, theres got to be someone free and single out there?

ReputationRep:
    Why is it manipulation?

God forbid it might actually be the truth, or a desperate last resort to get the creep to sod off and leave her alone. Unfortunately this kind of technique clearly would not work in some cases anyway....how can a woman win in this situation if there are guys like Neil_K around? I refuse to believe that EVERY single woman he has come across has actually lied about having a boyfriend. I expect the majority of them were telling the truth, or trying to get him to leave them alone, or actually believed they had a "boyfriend" or "seeing someone" at that time, as opposed to it being some kind of manipulative lie or form of test. The low and generalised opinions of women expressed by some men on here are really hacking me off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d123)
    I'm not saying that women don't lie about having a boyfriend,
    You said it! Ladies and gents, you heard it from a girl herself: 'I'm not saying that women don't lie about having a boyfriend'....

(Original post by d123)
    I'm just saying that if they say that you should back away, or at least just be friendly and not try to hit on them anymore, because that's just a bit stupid to do that.
    Hold on a second! Where did I ever tell men to 'continue talking to a girl if she tells you to back away'?

Again, you've misinterpreted my replies. You are of the belief that I'm some creepy guy who walks up to women and continues persisting even when every sign says 'leave me alone'. And you're so wrong.

To clarify a few points: if a woman tells me she's not interested or if she tells me to leave her alone, then I will do exactly that. If a girl tells me she's got a boyfriend and then tells me she's really happy with him etc, and I get the impression she's being genuine with me, I'll leave her alone. I'm not stupid, and I know when a girl is plain just not interested, and if that's the case I leave her alone and move on to someone else.

To let you know....I can read womens' body language EXTREMELY WELL. I can read all the 'signs' women give off EXTREMELY WELL. I know when someone is lying and when someone is being truthful just by observing their eyes, their vibe and their body language in general.

I can spot a duplicitous women a mile off, and so if a girl gives me the line 'I've got a boyfriend', yet all her body language is telling me something different, I'll continue talking to her.

But if a girl tells me she's 'not interested' and I really get the sense she's not interested, I'll leave her alone straight away.

You seem to think I'm some socially clueless creep who can't read womens' signs and who creeps women out with his persistence. And you're so wrong. I know exactly when to persist and when to walk away.

(Original post by d123)
    I never said I 'treated women like objects'. Again, you're putting words in my mouth and/or distorting what I've said. If breaking a woman's lies down to find out the real truth = treating her like an object then I don't understand your reasoning there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aurora.)
    So you choose to relentlessly pursue the women who tell you they have boyfriends when they don't?

Logic fail :facepalm:
    See my reply above about reading the signs and knowing when to persist vs when to walk away from a girl.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d123)
    If he wants to be friends, fine. I like having male friends. But if a guy tries to flirt with me when I've told him that, it's just rude and objectifying. The thing is, if you just talk to a girl nicely and be a decent person, she won't have to make up a lie like that. It's the ***** who hit on girls in club and act like they are just sex objects who get that treatment.

I sympathise with the OP's problem - I'm a single girl and it seems like most guys have girlfriends, but I'm just annoyed at Neil_K's attitude to women that he's displayed in this thread.
    I wouldn't say that. Women have said they have a boyfriend to me even when I have politely asked to sit at their table. I think most the time is a clear lie but I don't see a point in pursuing anything when they are clearly not interested. Yeah of course sometimes if you hang with them for a while they might change their mind, but why would i want someone who isnt interested in me when there are others who like me back? If I actualy liked the girl, and didn't just fancy her then of course I would. Girl I just met? No. This isn't a RomCom.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophisticated)
    Why is it manipulation?

God forbid it might actually be the truth, or a desperate last resort to get the creep to sod off and leave her alone. Unfortunately this kind of technique clearly would not work in some cases anyway....how can a woman win in this situation if there are guys like Neil_K around? I refuse to believe that EVERY single woman he has come across has actually lied about having a boyfriend. I expect the majority of them were telling the truth, or trying to get him to leave them alone, or actually believed they had a "boyfriend" or "seeing someone" at that time, as opposed to it being some kind of manipulative lie or form of test. The low and generalised opinions of women expressed by some men on here are really hacking me off.
    Again, see my reply above regarding when to walk away from a girl vs when to persist...

ReputationRep:
    See my reply above about reading the signs and knowing when to persist vs when to walk away from a girl.
    Good God I hope you're a troll. The thought that you're actually out there talking to women horrifies me.

ReputationRep:
    lol wow if theres a weird guy - or a moron guy who wont leave me alone I tell them Im a lesbian because if you say to a guy you have a boyfriend sometimes they reply 'i dont care' and they wont leave you alone.
    Even though Im a girl i understand what youre going through every nice guy I meet is gay or taken and Im only ever really in girl bubbles like at work or my volunteering or whatever. If I was a lesbian id be in my prime but im not so its getting a bit tedious now lol. Good luck finding a girl friend though!

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 6, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.