Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

World of Warcraft players... Watch

ReputationRep:
    lol @ the trollers/idiots.

I played wow alot. and expect the grief from my friends, thats fine lol But people are normal. Yes, you do get the hardcore people that are best avoided, like any game.

I love to drink, i get smashed way to much, i do lacrosee football and hopefully skiing :P I have a girl i see, and go out when i can. the only thing restricting me being money! I go on tour, (an amazing student experience!) id consider that normal. I always hand my work in late etc etc lol If you seriously think these players arent normal, then thats fine, continue with your "kool" games.

The reason wow is so popular is because its just better than somany other games.

Think you can pull off neat tricks in fifa? try coping with 50+ spells and needing to hit the exact one needed at the right time.

Think GTA is massive and fun to explore? Nothing compared to the size of the WOW world. And does GTA jkeep chaning? no?

Love rpgs? Fallout? What happens when its completed? Then just doesnt happen with wow.

Love black ops? Think thats exciting and fast paced? try 5v5 arena. Mental. You have such a pivitol role in the game itself.

Like to camp in COD? Try being a rogue and stalking someone for as long as you want till they log off :P

I love all the above games (bar GTA) but wow is just better than them all if you can cope with the odd elf :P Its all about exploring everything for the first time, often with friends. Co-operation on levels that no other game can offer in such good quality. Or simply knowing that there is some git on the other end bashing his head agaisnt his keyboard because you keep killing him!

Plus, its social. yes, in the same way FB is (everyone pretends to be happy and has 600 friends), but it is good to meet new people. After all, your reading a forum. thats hard a single experience, yet i doubt you go out drinking with all the users here?

Were not all weirdos who run round the woods dressed as gandalf. But yes, there are some :P

for the record, ive quit. Cant afford it, alcohol is more important than games, and fifa with mates is free :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by big-boss-91)
    World of warcraft players... are losers.

i know one girl in my uni course, she hardly goes out drinking with us as she makes reasonable excuses but it turned out all those excuses are lies and she plays "WOW" every night

Honestly, I'm surprised you're even in uni, you're so dumb it's unbelievable.

I don't drink, I'd prefer to go and do something fun or better yet constructive with my time rather than wasting my money on alcohol.

Now, don't you think that all non-drinkers are losers? Because that's the argument you just made.

I bet you're the type who watched the South Park episode on WoW and thought that it honestly reflects the player base. I feel sorry for you for being so ignorant and arrogant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 01010000 01001010)
    Honestly, I'm surprised you're even in uni, you're so dumb it's unbelievable.

I don't drink, I'd prefer to go and do something fun or better yet constructive with my time rather than wasting my money on alcohol.

Now, don't you think that all non-drinkers are losers? Because that's the argument you just made.

I bet you're the type who watched the South Park episode on WoW and thought that it honestly reflects the player base. I feel sorry for you for being so ignorant and arrogant.
    thanks, I don't personally like south park so retract that, i were saying that most people that plays WOW i met in person puts WOW first before their social life which is the reason why i label WOW players as losers.

Non-drinkers are cool too, they dance better

think again before calling me dumb

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by big-boss-91)
    thanks, I don't personally like south park so retract that, i were saying that most people that plays WOW i met in person puts WOW first before their social life which is the reason why i label WOW players as losers.

Non-drinkers are cool too, they dance better

think again before calling me dumb
    Haha, oh wow. A social life isn't everything you know?

I'm just going to stop posting now, my posts aren't being perceived the way I intended and the amount of people generalising makes my head hurt.

ReputationRep:
    Haters going to hate...

There are WoW players which have lives and such, but its probably only 15%. Tbh, that is why I gave up playing, too many people take the game too seriously and lack a life outside the game

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 01010000 01001010)
    Haha, oh wow. A social life isn't everything you know?

I'm just going to stop posting now, my posts aren't being perceived the way I intended and the amount of people generalising makes my head hurt.
    some discussions can't be won in certain situation

ReputationRep:
    ...this was on Panorana a few hours ago...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by perrytheplatypus)
    ...this was on Panorana a few hours ago...
    I saw that too. Nothing surprising tbh.

(Original post by wanderlust.xx)
    It's all about balance at the end of the day.
    Yup. balance druids are fun. Though I prefer my frost mage.

--

The funny thing about this thread is that the new expansion, cataclysm, is being released in about 30 minutes on my server (its an hour ahead). Not that i'll be playing it.

Until Januray, that is. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    God dam it where is the guild wars love

ReputationRep:
    WoW is for a no life loosers.

They should play more casual games like Guild Wars. I only racked up 1.5k hours on that.

Starcraft 2 is also cool when your not screaming at family members for distracting you as you get void ray rushed for the 50th time in 1v1.

WoW is bad.

ReputationRep:
    F*****g Spoons.

ReputationRep:
    And forks. F**k them too.

ReputationRep:
    Not played myself. I knew a few that did for a little while, they seemed fine but I don't think they were hard core.

But honestly if WoW can become as addictive as some examples show to a minority who are inclined to develop such obsessive behaviour/addiction I'd rather someone kept themselves in their room playing a computer game all day then was out mugging people to fund a Heroine addiction.

There's over 15 million players right? I imagine there are a fair few weirdos, and a load of totally normal people who only play for a couple of hours on a quiet evening.

ReputationRep:
    I used to get up early to play WoW, so that I could go out later on and not feel bad about staying inside playing video games all day. I never really got "addicted" to it, but time really does fly when you're playing. I'm making it sound like casual drug use.

It is a very fun game though.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a girl. I go clubbing, get alright grades, see guys....but I played for a year and I loved it. My account has been inactive since the start of Sixth Form though, but as soon as A2s are up- I'm going to treat myself to a month of it

ReputationRep:
    one of them teaches GCSE IT at my school, he's bald.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bellissima)
    one of them teaches GCSE IT at my school, he's bald.
    You heard it here first guys. Wow causes baldness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jmaguire)
    You heard it here first guys. Wow causes baldness.

you know it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by INTit)
    WoW is for a no life loosers.

They should play more casual games like Guild Wars. I only racked up 1.5k hours on that.

Starcraft 2 is also cool when your not screaming at family members for distracting you as you get void ray rushed for the 50th time in 1v1.

WoW is bad.

More like you are bad! Getting void ray rushed 50 times in 1v1 is hilariously appalling. Learn to macro + produce massive economy = win. Also, void rushes are very easy to counter once you learn how which is why at anything above 500 diamond they're never used, but don't worry you will get there eventually, brah. (Are you a Terran player...?)

Second point. No-wonder you're a WoW hater, you play GW. One of the worst games ever, I played it and decided that it was far to easy for my liking. I bet you played WoW for a few days and realised that everything isn't handed to you on a plate so you couldn't handle it and instantly label anyone who is decent as a no-life loser.

Haters gunna hate.

ReputationRep:
    I used to play World of Warcraft. I quit about 6 or 7 months into the Burning Crusade. Vanilla WoW was the best imo. After TBC it just went downhill.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.