Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Game of the Year 2010 - Vote now! Watch

• View Poll Results: Game of the Year 2010 ...
    Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
    8.02%
    Battlefield: Bad Company 2
    4.58%
    BioShock 2
    2.29%
    Call of Duty: Black Ops
    8.40%
    F1 2010
    3.05%
    Fallout: New Vegas
    6.49%
    Fifa 11
    7.25%
    Final Fantasy 13
    2.67%
    God of War 3
    2.29%
    Gran Turismo 5
    6.11%
    Halo: Reach
    6.11%
    Mass Effect 2
    13.74%
    Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
    0.76%
    Red Dead Redemption
    17.56%
    StarCraft 2: Wings of Liberty
    3.44%
    Other - I will post my nomination.
    7.25%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    I would have but not enough space. Sorry. :puppyeyes:
    LOL forgiven :p: Just can't believe you'd put Need For Speed above Fable!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cadaeibfeceh)
    LOL forgiven :p: Just can't believe you'd put Need For Speed above Fable!
    Probably because of all the really positive reviews its getting :p: (Doesn't it have a higher metacritic score?)

ReputationRep:
    I was tempted to vote AC:B even though I haven't played it, I've heard that much about it. I'm sure RDR is a worthy candidate, while Reach and Alan Wake were also excellent.

I'm going to have to go with Mass Effect 2, but I have to say looking back on this list and others, I'd forgotten how good a year for gaming it's been!

ReputationRep:
    What would be cool is to take the 5 choices or so with the top votes so far and make a new poll because atm there's a load of spread out votes but with less choices it'd be better...

Lik TSR GOTY grand final or some thing...

My choice was difficult between f1 2010 and GT5... But went for F1 2010 because was a bit dissapointed in GT5 after it being made for like 5 years...

ReputationRep:
    The Game of the Year for me would have to be Demon's Souls, fantastic game. (It came out in 2010 in Europe, 2009 in America)

ReputationRep:
    I still need to play AC:Brotherhood but I should be getting it sometime after Christmas. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Robot Unicorn Attack ftw.

ReputationRep:
    Red Dead is great but I dunno, got really boring :/

ReputationRep:
    Simply on the basis of what kept me coming back, it's got to be ME2.

ReputationRep:
    I voted Brotherhood but I meant Red Dead Redemption. John Marston is the biggest badass ever.

ReputationRep:
    How can Super Mario Galaxy 2 be left out of the list when it is the third highest-rated game of all time according to Gamerankings:

http://www.gamerankings.com/browse.html ?

(Original post by Ashnard)
    How can Super Mario Galaxy 2 be left out of the list when it is the third highest-rated game of all time according to Gamerankings:

http://www.gamerankings.com/browse.html ?
    Indeed. It should have its own place in the actual poll but it's not left out completely. You can vote other and include it. You're the first person (I think) to bring it up after 155 votes and 5 pages of posts though...

ReputationRep:
    Would have voted for SMG2 if there was an actual voting option. Bit of a disgrace to not include it.

Anyway, voted for Mass Effect 2. I thought at the beginning it was almost average, but certain encounters later in the game and the usual character-driven quests made it better than the original. Oh: Lair of the Shadow Broker. Crazy awesome DLC.

(Original post by Blackshadow)
    Robot Unicorn Attack ftw.
    :five:

ReputationRep:
    Definitely Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, pretty much everything about it was excellent, other favourite games would have to be Civilization 5 and Fable 3.

ReputationRep:
    It has to be Mass Effect 2

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    Mass Effect 2 is GOTY. Its won the most GOTY awards as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shmeiks)
    How has Black Ops only got two votes?! This thread should be ashamed of itself.
    because back ops was not game of the year... It might has been fun to a point, but it made no attempt to deviate from any other COD title and had almost no new material.

Come to think of it, this has been a pretty poor year for gaming.

ReputationRep:
    F1 2010 has been a fantastic highlight in my year, so much of an improvement on past F1 games with an online mode that is actually enjoyable.

I can't look past Red Dead though.

EDIT: 8000th post :party:
    :emo:

ReputationRep:
    Mass Effect 2 easily

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.