Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

You might want to read the truth about these drugs watch

ReputationRep:
    Finally some wisdom, yes the cost to us, our pockets, billions each year when some of the largest studies ever done by the world health organisation clearly show that non drug treatments are better at dealing with such things without destroying a HUMAN BEING...

Still not heard any concern for our people in quite some time from you lot, who are you again. Because the Germans thought they were doing the right thing back in the thirties.

ReputationRep:
    OP might be onto something; relapse rates for those on antipsychotics (ie people in developed nations) tend to be much higher than relapse rates for those not on drugs (ie poorer countries):

http://www.zielenknijper.nl/wp-conte...n-original.pdf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starseedleo)
    If you do some reasearch, and just some mind you, you don't have to dig in the way I have. You will see that academics no longer control how trials are conducted big pharma does. You will see how they manipulate their studies and results to suit their purpose and you will know that one hand hasn't even had clue what the other is up to. Once again I hope some decent people will make a positive out of this and try to help people that are being hurt badly.
    I know fully well that pharma companies are notorious for manipulating their statistics to show an exaggerated benefit of their new drugs. Not only do I know that, but the practitioners prescribing them know that. They're not stupid, and they are the ones who ultimately decide what patients receive. In addition, they have nothing to gain by choosing x drug over y drug. Certainly not these days, anyway.

But, if these drugs were actively causing neurological damage, it would be sniffed out in a heartbeat. Sure, pharma companies have used shady tactics in the past to exaggerate benefits, but they would not risk trying to cover up neurological damage caused by a medication currently active in the market.

Secondly, there is science outside that of the pharma-funded circle. These are independent and fiercely competitive. If a researcher could show that these drugs were causing neuro damage, they would be on it like a hobo on a sandwich. If they could empirically show it to the scientific community, they would become (academically) famous and would likely win significant funding and awards for future research. That is to say, if there was something dodgy going on, it would be hugely in their benefit to find that out.

They are giving these drugs to old peope everywhere for no good reason, they are giving them to children in america just in case they develop mental health problems. the hand them out for everything, one doctor said the phsyical effects are worse than heroin. And the figures for how dangerous they are were lies.

Please wake up good people out there and do something about this, spread the truth and contact as your doctors and politicians to make a difference.

kind regards
    Big deal. There are doctors out there who are prescription-happy. So? That does not mean that:

A. The drugs are not beneficial.
    B. The drugs are actively harmful.
    C. Your conclusions can be extrapolated to other drugs.
    D. Your conclusions can be extrapolated to the pharmaceutical industry as a whole.
    E. Your conclusions can be extrapolated to psychiatry as a whole.

ReputationRep:
    Please don't... I... I...
    How can someone without a mental disease speak for those who have?
    You have no idea, dude.
    Doctors are aware of the problems of drugs but they are the lesser evil. I also find it questionable how they could change my DNA.

ReputationRep:
    First of all, if these drugs were to cause genetic mutations they would be localised. It's ridiculous to think that if DNA in the brain mutates, it will be transfered to your children. I know it seems like some people think with their genitals but it has actually been proven that the brain and the testes are different organs.

And yes, there are a lot of problems with antipsychotic medication but psychiatrists think it can improve the life quality of schitzophrenia sufferers. And all doctors study the disorder during their medical training. So if what you are saying is true, that means all these aspiring physicians know about the horrors of medical care and do nothing, i.e. all doctors are evil. Or could it be that they in fact know more about this than you do and think that in most cases the benefits outweigh the side effects? So many schitzophrenic people suffer from depression, anxiety disorder, inability to keep a job, substance abuse problems, homelessness etc and medication might help them live a more normal life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    Im pretty sure the NHS would not be handing out pills without some idea of the side affects
    Say that to GSK

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by patientology)
    Please don't... I... I...
    How can someone without a mental disease speak for those who have?
    You have no idea, dude.
    OP is clearly a service user.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EggmanD)
    Psychiatrists in conning people out of money with extremely vague mental health diagnosis shocker!

On a serious note
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqapt...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKkss...mp;feature=fvw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExPxawBa2Ao

Regardless of the fact that the bottom is made by Scientology it is a dark industry.
    It's not a dark industry at all, it's just one with a lot of stigma attached and a whole heap of blurred edges. Scientologists don't like it because by accusing others of mind control they can shift the focus away from their own practices.

ReputationRep:
    If it wasn't for antipsychotic drugs, I would have most likely died this time last year

Maybe there are better alternatives, they are no tea party sure, but sometimes you just have no option

ReputationRep:
    If you keep believing nothing bad is happening to people and you don't need to make you voice heard, then you are in for a rude awkening my friend, big pharma wouldn't hurt me, george bush didn't murder millions of innocent people, torutue stravation, bombs,

Severe brain damage from medicine, when the facts clearly show it's the wrong way to go. OBVIOULSY. I didn't need to know the facts to tell them where to put those chemicals and get myself off the system.

I know good people are going to read this and see it exactly for what it is, scum talk a lot of it if you ask me that callis disregard for human life.

and my spelling, is that a bad time for a joke, i really do hope people will help people, i hope there wise enough to do the right thing before its their turn, I hope they can see the beneifts of having full empaths.

Anybodies who's ever watched Star Trek will have an idea. Lets not get started on telepthy, Im talking line of sight, we all do it. Beware neagtive people telling eveything is find, overcome them with love and joy, and rightous anger against evil.

However violence is wrong, problem reaction soltuion is used on our people by the criminals, divide and control etc, attactking parliment buildins is wrong, writing and demanding peacefully is right.

ReputationRep:
    Dear Mental Health Nurse,

It is with the deepest concern I write this letter today. I wish to bring to your attention the grave abuses that are going on in our mental health system.
    Some of your points are right - the mental health industry creates drugs which have not been properly tested, or even those which destroy natural human capabilities.
    Most of the people I have met who have "psychosis" are infact very intelligent, somehow it seems as if their "disorder" is related to their creative mental ability.

It is in the interests of the global elite to suppress out-of-the-box thinkers. :sadnod:

Depression is also just an effect of the ills of society. Psychiatry kills the symptoms, not the underlying causes behind it.

ReputationRep:
    Severe brain damage from medicine
    Prove it.

I know good people are going to read this and see it exactly for what it is, scum talk a lot of it if you ask me that callis disregard for human life.
    Sorry, but I'm not a monster for requesting empirical evidence for your claims. In fact, I'm quite a nice caring person. Psychiatric health in particular is very important to me and I have dedicated a lot of my own time to it.

Anybdies who's ever watched Star Trek will have an idea. Lets not get started on telepthy, Im talking line of sight, we all do it. Beware neagtive people telling eveything is find, overcome them with love and joy, and rightous anger against evil.
    Let me guess. You've stopped taking your medication, right?

ReputationRep:
    How can you say you needed the drugs if you were never given anything different to try, perhaps you heard me mention the WHO studeis and severe brain.

Oh and being a full empath myself, I can see quite clearly that theres either serious ego problems in here or some of those trolls i've been hearing about over the years, half of you sound like big pharma employees. it is one of the biggest industries,

people trust doctors who have been lied to. do something about it please

ReputationRep:
    The 'mental health industry' is one of the darkest products of capitalism. It's in the interest of capitalism for everyone to be ill, and we are seeing many many many more people become ill all the time.

ReputationRep:
    Facts are Facts, I've given better ones than our medical proffessionals have. I have came accross these facts many many places so Im sure you will too if you read what I've written, do some googling, read the book I suggested, that in iteslf will give you reference points. Come on who's kidding who here, cause it aint me and it aint the other, decent people reading this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liquidus Zeromus)
    Some of your points are right - the mental health industry creates drugs which have not been properly tested, or even those which destroy natural human capabilities.
    Most of the people I have met who have "psychosis" are infact very intelligent, somehow it seems as if their "disorder" is related to their creative mental ability.

It is in the interests of the global elite to suppress out-of-the-box thinkers. :sadnod:

Depression is also just an effect of the ills of society. Psychiatry kills the symptoms, not the underlying causes behind it.
    The psychotic individuals that I have met in my time were so significantly disturbed that they did not have the luxury of intelligence, I'm afraid.

In addition, psychiatry removing the symptoms of mental illness is, in my mind, far from a criticism.

ReputationRep:
    How can you say you needed the drugs if you were never given anything different to try, perhaps you heard me mention the WHO studeis and severe brain.
    Link. Find me the paper. I want to read your primary source. If you can't do this, **** off. Simple.

people trust doctors who have been lied to.
    Doctors arn't stupid and work in the interest of their patients. They gain nothing significant from buying the marketing propaganda pushed at them by pharma companies.

ReputationRep:
    I cba to read all that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oscarwildelike)
    The 'mental health industry' is one of the darkest products of capitalism. It's in the interest of capitalism for everyone to be ill, and we are seeing many many many more people become ill all the time.
    I very much appreciate this wisdom my friend, i believe only an agrerrion society will save us from ourselves, can you imagine a world where there wasn't any shopping centres anywhere and nobody had any bills to pay. People would go out to work to better themselves and the rest of society, people would work to earn certain priviligies in society.

Poeple would be at peace and it would probably relive a lot of this heavy ended power and control modus operanda a lot of people have, especially young men with nothing better to do with their time or ego.

power and control is denied by mainstream also, though there has been clever doctors speaking words of wisdom. Also an awareness of God in our third eye i believe is neccessary, not the perveted roman catholic chruch.

ReputationRep:
    Most people I know diagnosed with this condition have never been dellussional. Neither have I. I just can't spell too good when I'm in a hurry to end the nonsense thats been spoken in here. It withers away to nothing when you see the truth beside it.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 6, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.