Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    There's a different between being a misogynistic ******* and being masculine.

ReputationRep:
    I always go for alpha males. And alpha males aren't players. Alpha males are take charge guys who are leaders of the pack - other guys tend to look up to them. Alpha males don't suck up to anyone. They are also likely to be charismatic and well-liked. And if they get lots of action, they don't need to brag about it because they already know that they hold all the power. That's why they're not necessarily players - some players do it to prove their worth to other men. Alpha guys don't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucia.)
    I always go for alpha males. And alpha males aren't players. Alpha males are take charge guys who are leaders of the pack - other guys tend to look up to them. Alpha males don't suck up to anyone. They are also likely to be charismatic and well-liked. And if they get lots of action, they don't need to brag about it because they already know that they hold all the power. That's why they're not necessarily players - some players do it to prove their worth to other men. Alpha guys don't.
    No, No and NO lucia. You really don't understand guys.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2ndClass)
    No, No and NO lucia. You really don't understand guys.
    What do you think she has got wrong specifically?

I find Lucia talks considerably more sense than most people on TSR.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by py0alb)
    What do you think she has got wrong specifically?

I find Lucia talks considerably more sense than most people on TSR.
    For one, guys don't look up to other guys. That's incredibly emasculating and quite frankly nonsensical. Second, "Alpha" guys who "lead" a social circle aren't particularly liked. I don't understand where this notion comes from to be honest. Men generally don't like to be dominated by other men. They may certainly have a following with 1 wingman but no one likes a guy who thinks he's the ****.

I've actually found out that a lot of Alpha guys have a cuckold complex.

ReputationRep:
    For one, guys don't look up to other guys. That's incredibly emasculating and quite frankly nonsensical. Second, "Alpha" guys who "lead" a social circle aren't particularly liked. I don't understand where this notion comes from to be honest. Men generally don't like to be dominated by other men. They may certainly have a following with 1 wingman but no one likes a guy who thinks he's the ****.
    Everything you just said is wrong.

Guys commonly look up to and admire other guys. I find it hard to understand how you don't understand this. Do you not admire anyone? I admire plenty of people. Some degree of mutual admiration is the basis of every friendship.

Alpha males are alpha males specifically because they are both charismatic and capable. For this reason they are generally very popular and are liked and admired by almost everyone who meets them. That is the reason they are rewarded with high social status. This is the definition of alpha male, you can't argue with it.

Alpha males do not "think they're the ****" ( I don't know what that word is). They're confident, not arrogant. If they were arrogant, then people would not like them, they would not have the high social status that qualifies them as alpha males.

ReputationRep:
    I've actually found out that a lot of Alpha guys have a cuckold complex.
    I think you're just using the word "alpha" wrong. You think it means "arrogant douchebag". As Lucia already explained, it doesn't.

ReputationRep:
    Become the Omega Woman.

ReputationRep:
    If you like alpha males then taming them would make them lose their appeal, won't it? Also, if being alpha is part of their nature, then not to be offending truly - but I think healthy relationships could not be based on one part wanting to change (tame) the other...

ReputationRep:
    Everything you just said is wrong
    Lol

Guys commonly look up to and admire other guys. I find it hard to understand how you don't understand this. Do you not admire anyone? I admire plenty of people. Some degree of mutual admiration is the basis of every friendship.
    Because you can't offer an explanation to this besides your own life experience. It's quite bizarre that I'd spend my life doting on how perfect some other man is. That's incredibly pathetic to be honest. I can certainly appreciate good traits about another man in my social circle but admire him?

Alpha males are alpha males specifically because they are both charismatic and capable. For this reason they are generally very popular and are liked and admired by almost everyone who meets them. That is the reason they are rewarded with high social status. This is the definition of alpha male, you can't argue with it.
    Are you trolling?

Alpha males do not "think they're the ****" ( I don't know what that word is). They're confident, not arrogant. If they were arrogant, then people would not like them, they would not have the high social status that qualifies them as alpha males.
    A beta guy can be confident.......and it does take a tinge of arrogance to presume you can "lead" another group of men. To be honest reading your reply gave me an insight on who would typically suck up to other men.....just sayin'

ReputationRep:
    Lol

Because you can't offer an explanation to this besides your own life experience. It's quite bizarre that I'd spend my life doting on how perfect some other man is. That's incredibly pathetic to be honest and heading into dangerous territory.......

Are you trolling?

A beta guy can be confident.......and it does take a tinge of arrogance to presume you can "lead" another group of men. To be honest reading your reply gave me an insight on who would typically suck up to other men.....just sayin'
    What "dangerous territory"? Is that a homophobic remark? Or are you secretly worried that you might be homosexual, or perhaps perceived as homosexual? Do you feel unmanly and inferior?

Are you actually saying there isn't a single man you admire? Not even your father? Perhaps this is the root of your anxiety?

You sound very worried about appearing 2nd best to any man, like you've got a bit of a chip on your shoulder. What was your username again?

I assume you are speaking from experience when you say:
    Men generally don't like to be dominated by other men
    and then express concern about "cuckolding", again probably from experience. Or is this another reference to your paranoia about homosexuality? Do you mean you worry about being sexually dominated by another man?

I'm guessing you're not an alpha male, by anyone's definition.

ReputationRep:
    What "dangerous territory"? Is that a homophobic remark? Or are you secretly worried that you might be homosexual, or perhaps perceived as homosexual? Do you feel unmanly and inferior?
    "Dangerous territory" as in having romantic feelings for another man which typically follows from admiring them. Do you have something that you need to come to terms with?
    And no, it those who say alpha men "deserve high status" are the one who are "unmanly and inferior" :lol:

Are you actually saying there isn't a single man you admire? Not even your father? Perhaps this is the root of your anxiety?
    That's a different relationship from a common social circle friendship. Usually those who don't have a strong father figure in their lives typically attach themselves to those who command authority. Seeing as you defend this whole alpha supremacy thing, well done for insulting yourself and stop with the pathetic attempts at psychoanalysing people, it's quite self defeating if you haven't noticed.......

You sound very worried about appearing 2nd best to any man, like you've got a bit of a chip on your shoulder. What was your username again?
    Hmm..

I say: "I don't admire other men"

You say:

"Alpha males are alpha males specifically because they are both charismatic and capable. For this reason they are generally very popular and are liked and admired by almost everyone who meets them. That is the reason they are rewarded with high social status"

*cough, cough*

oh and the username, I deleted my first account so this was the 2nd run and put in "class" to be in theme with TSR.

I assume you are speaking from experience when you say
    Yes I can totally see how that logically follows. I say men don't like to be dominated and that alpha males are cuckolds. So that must make me a homosexual cuckold who secretly likes to be dominated?

This is getting desperate.

I'm guessing you're not an alpha male, by anyone's definition.
    Nah, I'm not an alpha. But what does it make you when you live your life admiring other men and believe some deserve a higher social status than you.

In actuality I can see myself dominating you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Myonika)
    Try it sometime and see . You get the Alpha's complete loyalty, respect, and love. They will absolutely adore, dote on, and spoil you. They will protect you from harm and cherish you above all others. It's a wonderful feeling.

know this is an old thread but I thought the answers were way off. Had to put my two sense in.
    wouldnt you rather have someone whos natural inclination is to do all that rather than having to "tame" them into it?

Also - if you have to "tame" them into behaving like that would it not suggest that they were originally just giant douchebags rather than alpha males?

ReputationRep:
    In actuality I can see myself dominating you.
    I bet you can, stud.

ReputationRep:
    I bet you can, stud.
    Hope you learned your lesson this time

ReputationRep:
    I find it funny when people talk about Alpha and Beta Males.

There's no such thing. There is no divide or group, you're not one or the other.

ReputationRep:
    Give them a club 'till they beat each other to death?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Myonika)
    Very true. It is easy to move from one guy/girl to the next. Unless he never conquered her--that will hurt his ego and he will feel like a failure. Or unless the Alpha falls in love. There is a difference btw losing a hot girl/guy and losing someone who sincerely admired and appreciated everything you did. ALL Alphas fall at some point. I dated guys in their 40s who have never proposed until I came into their lives.
    Be gentle but firm when turning down an Alpha.
    A real man does not set out to conquer a woman or anyone for that matter. He sets out to befriend and love someone, both men and women and has the courage to do so openly and by his principles.

ReputationRep:
    Also, a real man does not need to be tamed for his instrinic goodness allows him to understand and relate to others. A real man tames himself and his nature is under the jurisdiction of his principes by what he believes is right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dan1607)
    A real man does not set out to conquer a woman or anyone for that matter. He sets out to befriend and love someone, both men and women and has the courage to do so openly and by his principles.
    i think i love you...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 6, 2012
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.