The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by A level Az
I just think if you read into it a bit more, you'd consider/realise that it isn't just a made up story, and therefore, you would not be so dismissive of religion. Maybe the bad thing about religion is you have to care enough to spend the time looking at the different religions, and figure out why this one is wrong, why the next one is maybe right, until you find the one which makes sense. Then you go even further, and try to pick out every bit you can until you can be sure its acceptable, before fully devoting yourself to it. Many people believing in religion don't take this route, but in a way it is one of the only ways to actually commit yourself to a religion, otherwise there will always be doubt in your mind. People can teach you things, but ultimately, its all biased when it comes down to religion.

Doubt also leads to arguments, where people are not sure what they believe in, and eventually war, where people believe that flying a plane into the "non-believers" will grant them a place in heaven, or bombing catholics/protestants is the right way to express their religion. Infact, if they really believed in their religion, it actually guarentees them one of the deepest slots in hell, and all religions will teach this.

I was under the impression that athiesm was the belief that God doesn't exist, so its a belief, so its a religion in a sense, isn't it? It's just that it consists of doing whatever you want for the rest of your life, so there isn't really much to it to be considered a religion.

And I don't take it as an attack, and hope you don't either :biggrin:

Well, choosing to follow a religion for the reasons you have is credible, and I can;t really argue against that, as you see to genuinely believe it is the right choice. But it sounds like you had to go though a lot of effort to get there. If there was just 1 religion, and people either followed it or didn't, I probably wouldn't hate it as much. But the logic I use for being an atheist is as follows:

Like I said in my last post, you are either religious (follow a religion, set or rules etc.) or you are not. A or B. Now, at least some religions have to be incorrect. Certain religious imply other religions cannot be true, Christian's God cannot co-exist with Allah. So assuming either Christianity or Islam is correct (not both), then the other HAS TO be false. So, we now have proof that at least some of the religions out there are false. Since there is just as much/little evidence supporting each religion, I would consider the fact that if one of them is proved wrong, this would be evidence for others being wrong also, going with conventional logic. If 99% of God's were proved to be false, it seems reasonable to assume the remaining 1% is also false. So if 99% of religions are proved to be false (assuming of course each religion implies it is the only correct one, which may not be the case, but either way doesn't discredit my point), it seems logical to assume the other 1% is also false. So we know that if you go with option A, you definitely have the potential to be wrong. Since faults can be proved with religions, it seems more safe and logical to be atheist.

Atheism is kind of the lack of a belief. Perhaps by definition it is a religion, but using my games console analogy (which I personally think shows my point quite well), I don't think it should be, otherwise it would be impossible not be religious. I'm proud to say I'm not religious, which I think atheism implies.
Reply 61
Don't know you, can't comment if I like you or not.
Reply 62
Original post by #Funky
I'm Muslim, do you hate me? If so, why?

I do. :angry: GTFO of my country !111!!1!!
Reply 63
No, I love you.

But I do feel sorry for you. If you believe that the Koran is the word of God, then you are highly intellectually lacking, and very, very deluded.

Peace, all the same.
Reply 64
NO. But why did you make this thread?
I don't hate Muslims, I just don't want them in my country.
What is Sura 4:34?

Beat your wives

Nuff said.
But don't think I'm racist, I don't hate Islam at all, I despise all religion. Imaginary friends are so 1st century.
Original post by comissargramsci
What is Sura 4:34?

Beat your wives

Actually it does NOT say beat your wives. Get your fact straight. Read this.

Original post by comissargramsci
Imaginary friends are so 1st century.

Imaginary friends?
Reply 68
Original post by #Funky

Original post by #Funky
I'm Muslim, do you hate me? If so, why?

no i dnt hate u, being muslim isnt a reason to hate u, in fact my bestie is muslim and i have a lot of muslims frends if i hated u it would be because ur not nice ti because of what god you follow
Reply 69
Sadly, yes it is ironic. If people didn't twist the original religion (Islam) into other things then this would not have happened.

Islam is even more modern that Christianity!!! How stupid are you?!?!
I find that the 12 Greek Gods were much more original, so Zeus is a much better God, sorry :tongue:

This thread is the most stupid thing I've seen all day.
Reply 70
Only retards and old people believe in god in 2010.
Reply 71
Original post by johnappleseed
Actually it does NOT say beat your wives. Get your fact straight. Read this.

Imaginary friends?

Imaginary friends are the "imaginary" friends of those who don't really have any. Who has imaginary friends will pretend that they have a very good friend that just won't show up.

I was under the impression that athiesm was the belief that God doesn't exist, so its a belief, so its a religion in a sense, isn't it? It's just that it consists of doing whatever you want for the rest of your life, so there isn't really much to it to be considered a religion.

And I don't take it as an attack, and hope you don't either :biggrin:

Islam is a peaceful religion as far as i have heard of, but during the practice as a tool to conquer and control a vast empire it's believers are brain washed by the Caliph(am i using the right word?). Many of today's Muslim extremists' belief came from that period.

I think the same thing happened to Christian/Catholic as well during middle ages?

Atheism is a belief i think, someone without a belief will appear confused.
Do I hate you? No.
Why? I've never met you.
please hear me out. i am a christian and i know that God is the only way the truth and the life. the muslim faith is wrong and manmade. it is not real. it is a distraction caused by the devil to lead you away from the real truth, and from God. pleaase is you can find a christian church please visit and at least try it out.
Original post by felix06
Imaginary friends are the "imaginary" friends of those who don't really have any. Who has imaginary friends will pretend that they have a very good friend that just won't show up.

I know what imaginary friends are. I do not understand that sentence. What has it got to do with hating the thread starter?

Original post by markberry91
please hear me out. i am a christian and i know that God is the only way the truth and the life. the muslim faith is wrong and manmade. it is not real. it is a distraction caused by the devil to lead you away from the real truth, and from God. pleaase is you can find a christian church please visit and at least try it out.

I am interested to know why Islam is wrong, man-made and a distraction caused by the devil.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 75
Original post by serrated_colon
Depends, do you hate me? Do you support the death penalty for apostates from Islam? Do you support the subjugation of apostates from Islam within Islamic societies?

If your answer to all of these questions is no, then I don't hate you. If so - why?

I think you know well why. Seeing as you had a strong Islamic education before you left Islam.
islam (muslim faith) does not excist. why would a faith that believes in killing people for thier god, blowing up things ect. be real or worshipped. it IS man made without a doubt. our God ( Jesus) is very much real indeed. he heals the sick through christian preachers, he gives us clear messages, we can speak in tongues, he can bring back the dead. praise the LORD. for he is great. any more questions get back 2 me no prob
Reply 77
Original post by F i s
Rubber-dingy rapids bro.

Hahahaha +rep lol. :biggrin:

And OP - I hate you coz you're from B'ham. Grrrrr. :angry:

islam (muslim faith) does not excist. why would a faith that believes in killing people for thier god, blowing up things ect. be real or worshipped. it IS man made without a doubt. our God ( Jesus) is very much real indeed. he heals the sick through christian preachers, he gives us clear messages, we can speak in tongues, he can bring back the dead. praise the LORD. for he is great. any more questions get back 2 me no prob

Why would a religion which encourages racial segregation (KKK) and/or blowing up things (Christian terrorism) be real? :wink2: See, anyone can turn a religion into an extremist ideology. You can say they aren't Christians and so will Muslims, they will say those aren't Muslims.
i fink ma name makes it clear what i ammm :wink:
Youu gotta lov da muslims we is total fat man
lov yaaa
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Latest

Trending

Trending