Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The key and lock analogy for sluts vs manwhores. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperGuy)
    Those sperm aren't wasted, they increase the chances of one reaching the egg. Using them alone would be ridiculous (hence the "etc"), the female actually lessens the quality of the pool by being more promiscuous.

The role of the female in the process is to pick the a male who is among the best. Don't forget that 80% of your male ancestors didn't get the chance to reproduce.

(Don't let this statement lead you to believe that I'm moving toward some sort of 1700s conclusion, I don't think that women should be judged to the extent they are, for merely having multiple partners. It is a choice that should be respected and there is little logical basis in them being restricted in choosing any such option (liberty 101).

P.S. I've noticed that many arguments concerning gender (especially those involving missygeorgia and Broderss ) have a very obvious bias in them, I'm not one of those.

Apologies for the quality of my typing, done in a jiffy.
    No not at all lol.
    There are some women out there who have serious problems choosing the "best" mate though

I believe there is some more research being done into more intelligent men having better quality sperm, or something along those lines.
    I need to keep up-to-date on this research :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lewroll)
    I'm afraid you are the one that doesnt get it. Humans are animals. Despite what you think, no matter what you do, humans will still be animals. They are governed by the same instincts and laws that other animals operate on. Just because we are the most intelligent, most evolved animals doesnt make us animals any less. To say otherwise is very naive and quite ignorant.
    Get it?
    I'm not stupid I know that humans are animals, hence I used the term 'wild animals'. To justify humans actions because some animals of a different species do the same is not right. Otherwise it's OK to excrete everywhere, eat eachother, not bath etc. human beings are more intelligent and evolved as you said, enough to know that being a manwhore can be problematic. You DO have self control over who you sleep with, don't you? Its instinct for some certain animals, but not for us. Come on, you must understand you don't have the same brain as an animal???!!

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 7, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.