Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I do not fear death, but I fear losing everything. My friends, my family, my conscience. Death will come to us all, it's inevitable and I understand that, but I guess you could say I am fearful, or moreso intrigued, about what happens after. I guess it's like when you are born, but this time you have something to lose, thats what I'm afaid of, that I will not be happy when I die.

Whatever death is I am not ready for it.

ReputationRep:
    I think as you get older you learn to accept that you'll die eventually, its sad but true...

Only one thing creeps me out really. Cloning, imagine they perfected it to the point where there was an exact copy of you, with your current thoughts and feelings and would be the exact same person as you. But say you're dying and your clones not, they get to live and your family would accept that knowing they have the same person still, but you have to die knowing its you in every way but you're the one that doesnt get to live. Clone-you would live on just as you would, but as you died you would have that horrible panic - its not me!

Ugghh, gives me chills. I think about it too much!

ReputationRep:
    No.
    I would like to be alive for at least another 50 years, but I am comfortable with the fact that I will die one day.
    I don't believe anything happens to my "soul" after death, by the way. I think that the chances of there being an after-life are infinitesimally small. This doesn't bother me.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not scared of death, I am, however, worried about dying too young, leaving unfinished and untried things behind. Fear of death is based on the unknown, we don't know what death is, therefore we fear it. And I also don't want to die painfully, I want a quick, painless death in my sleep on a comfortable bed when I'll be too old to really live.

ReputationRep:
    If your good - whats to worry about?

ReputationRep:
    sometimes it does but knowing that one day we all gona end up death makes me feel better

ReputationRep:
    No.

I'm afraid of dying when I've not accomplished anything of merit.

I would die happily knowing that I achieved everything I hoped to achieve.

ReputationRep:
    No it baffles me more than anything

ReputationRep:
    I'm scared of not being and not existing anymore. I believe in heaven but from what I've been taught, you're not exactly the same person anymore.

ReputationRep:
    Death be not proud, though some have called thee
    Mighty and dreadfull, for, thou art not soe,
    For, those, whom thou think'st, thou dost overthrow,
    Die not, poore death, nor yet canst thou kill mee.
    From rest and sleepe, which but thy pictures bee,
    Much pleasure, then from thee, much more must flow,
    And soonest our best men with thee doe goe,
    Rest of their bones, and soules deliverie.
    Thou art slave to Fate, Chance, kings, and desperate men,
    And dost with poyson, warre, and sicknesse dwell,
    And poppie, or charmes can make us sleepe as well,
    And better then thy stroake; why swell'st thou then?
    One short sleepe past, wee wake eternally,
    And death shall be no more; death, thou shalt die.

ReputationRep:
    not the thought of death itself, but the thought of my dad dying scares me so much. It doesn't just make me sad and upset, i am genuinely scared of it happening

ReputationRep:
    No, it's natural. It will happen. So why be scared?

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

I'm scared of the aftermath, i'd hate to die young, i'm the only child my Dad has and so I hate the idea of him being alone.

Also the way to die. Would hate to die slowly and painfully. Ugh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Mysterious Lord)
    This. They do say immortality is only 50 years away.
    Yes, and they have also been saying nuclear fusion is only 50 years away, every year for the past 40 years.

ReputationRep:
    It always makes me terrified, but you must face it. What makes me even more scared is when you die in a bad way

ReputationRep:
    Of course yes, I'd like to die when I've lived my life not young but I'm not afraid mostly of actually dying more what happens afterwards (if anything does) i'm not a believer of god or anything but I believe there's something out there. Yes, my body will decompose but what, in a way, your spirit/soul whatever it is. Your body is just a shell but what happens to you, the person? No idea, again, if anything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jemadore)
    Nobody knows what is waiting for them on the other end, What do you guys think?
    Since there is probably non existence on the other side, I'm both relaxed and curious about it.

What I fear the most is not death, but old age and pain

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.