Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperGuy)
    Maybe, but those with high IQ's may be more likely to answer i.e mention their score.

You're right, the few that have answered have been in the 140 -163 range.
    Quite a lot of people were responding, I recall.

But we will never know unitil we carry out an objective test to determine the actual results.

Can't really rely on the testimony of those in an academic forum. God forbid if they embarassed ourselves.

ReputationRep:
    b) Mensa doesn't measure the general one - they claim to measure solely the numerical one, because (as an invigilator explained to me) the test should be accessible even to illiterate aborogines (which verbal one isn't, it depends a lot on education in fact, because the important development of our vocabulary takes place at school). So it depends on the board administrating the test.

Actually, I'm disappointed by the people saying that IQ height is of no use in life - clearly, the numerical value will not (usually) gain you a place at school or a job, but the fact you have some skills and you can use them effectively counts. Of course, I don't claim that high IQ will ensure you prosperities and a great life, but many aspects of your personality, such as empathy, background, etc., exclusively will not either.

ReputationRep:
    My IQ is 280

ReputationRep:

Questions:

a) What is your IQ? (out of interest )

b) Do you accept IQ scores (in general) as good measurements of general intelligence?
    a. 111
    b. Not really

ReputationRep:
    a)152, according to a test I did in school, so it may not be accurate, but I was then put in the gifted and talented organisation thing lol and apparently I'm in the top 2%
    b) not necessarily
    x

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure that if you searched enough, you could find a "Mensa Home Test". The only problem with this, is that you'd have no one to mark it for you. However, you could do the test within the required time limit and then mark it yourself afterwards.
    Cool, yeah i was actually tempted to go for a mensa application, but not sure now.
    I once knew a person who had an IQ of 27. They went for another test and was proud to find out it had risen to 33.
    It amused me.

ReputationRep:
    Took IQ test, don't remember the score..

IQ is rubbish measure of intelligence... No indication of intelligence,,, there are other more important factors that should be considered while measuring intelligence..

ReputationRep:
    1.34x10^23

IQ tests are infallable. Anyone who says otherwise has a small penis.

ReputationRep:
    The average IQ is generally about 100, given that this is a student forum and more intelligent people may be drawn towards education then it might be slightly higher

But we are averaging 150-160, we seem to have most of the worlds top 2% on this board

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SatanIsAwesome)
    Don't know my IQ, but in the top 5% of the world academically.

EDIT: Haha, neg rep? Trolls.

Lol... I remember when you claimed you're IQ was 155

ReputationRep:
    If anyone cares my IQ is in the top 1% according to a Mensa test.

As for IQ's relevance and utility it doesn't really mean much if you don't apply it. I could get straight A*s but I as I don't apply myself I end up with A's ans B's.

Working hard and determination are far more important especially for school and the workplace. There are plenty of potential "Einsteins" in the world with IQ's of 150+ but they just don't have those genius attributes: ruthless determination, focus etc. I mean you only have to look to the most famous geniuses to see this... Newton in particular comes to mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bazlehman)
    0901 61 61 104
    Stop trying to give subliminal messages! Cher Lloyd is sh**; always has been, always will be.:facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    my IQ is "i" - an imaginary number.....

b) IQ is a load of balls...u can train for those tests so the more u practice iq test questions the higher your iq gets....pointless if you ask me.

ReputationRep:
    It's funny when girls say their IQ; it just discredits the whole system

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, well my IQ is... oh wait I don't need a numerical measure of my intelligence to define myself.

ReputationRep:
    My IQ is high although I don't believe it is in any way a true representation of my ability.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_question)
    My IQ is high although I don't believe it is in any way a true representation of my ability.
    dumb **** are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilovedubstep)
    'People who boast about their IQ are losers.' - Stephen Hawking.

Why would you take an official IQ test? Apart from wanting to act clever (when it is debatable how good an IQ test actually is at measuring intelligence) there's is no other reason.
    Stephen Hawking... he's just so amazing it's unreal.

Also, what is "intelligence" - in your view, and in a general view? In a sense, I don't think it really can be measured. It's quite subjective and not really accurate at the best of times.

ReputationRep:
    IQ scores are only good if you do a fake one and can boast about how supposedly amazingly intelligent you are. I think it's really sad. Nobody cares what it is when you go for a job so what is the point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingofSpades)
    dumb **** are you?

:cool:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.