Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Students with part-time jobs, how many hours do you work weekly? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Compared to a lot of the people on here, I feel really lazy. I normally do about 11 or 12 hrs, but that's just by picking up odd shifts, my standard week should be 8hrs. I get paid £4.92, which as bad as it is, I do very little actual work for since I work in a small newsagents/off license.
    Oh, and I'm in second year of college.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xhotas)
    She a working girl. Mm.
    She might be able to work on you too. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yvonnay)
    I've got two jobs at the moment ha but that's only because I work at my uni and I needed a job during xmas holidays when the term was over. I'm roughly working 12.5-16 hrs a week and commuting which is hassle, but at the moment I'm finding it pretty hard because my workload is pretty insane! I shouldn't really be on tsr haha
    If you know about a simple job, tell me please. I'm looking for a job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I Have No Imagination)
    I do 12 hours a week, sometimes they up me to 16 hours a week, over thursday nights and weekends. Get paid £6.10/h.
    If you know of a vacancy,please ,tell me. I'm looking for a simple job. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xhotas)
    She a working girl. Mm.
    Damn straight baby. I will see you and your ridiculous hair later...

(Original post by SoulfulBoy)
    She might be able to work on you too. :cool:
    Hahaha, oh I definitely will. And already have. Every history lesson I spent with that sexy boy with the hat

ReputationRep:
    The pay and the food is awesome!!! But, man!!! 12 HOUR SHIFT!!!!:eek: How come that you are not dead, yet? Are you a zombie? Soka.
    Well i wasnt really doing anything - after exams finished it was the boredom that become more of the pain. The other base's hall porters had full sky tv, recyclable chairs and xbox(no joke)...and because you HAD to have someone on the night shift, even though no-one was around - they went to sleep for a few hours each night(even though if caught ofc you'd be in trouble, but the building was locked so no-one could get in unless it was an emergency).

But yeah, that wasnt including the pain in the ass hours of 5:30pm-8pm week days i'd occasionally do...THAT was tiring(stewarding lots of high ranking people) and it took up the whole evening and wasnt much worth it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Third6)
    I work anything from 24 - 30 hours. I just started so I'm not sure if I'm on a proper pay cycle and I'm too scared to go ask for my payslip cause the cash office people are scary!! But...I get paid every two weeks and I got about £230 on my last pay.
    Look at your last bank statement or even order a current one from your bank? That coupled with a calendar, shouldn't be too hard to work out if you haven't been paid properly

ReputationRep:
    I've just started as a christmas temp, contracted for 8 hours a week. However, I'm doing more than that as we're getting to christmas. Christmas week I'm doing 22.5 hours lol. Starting at 7am on Boxing day isn't gonna be fun though :/
    I get paid £5.95/hr and get paid monthly. DOn't know how much I'll get because my hours are going up every few days as they ask me to do more shifts.

ReputationRep:
    Wich work is that? Please, tell me. I want to work in the warmth of my home too. Please....
    My dads company, I work from home and he works all over the place on contract. Together we make lottza monez$$!!

ReputationRep:
    How do you study?:eek:
    I'm only in uni 10-14 hours a week :p:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.