The Student Room Group

Would you stand up to this violent attacker on a bus?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RNBen
Not at all, evidently, you don't know me at all and thus cannot make a judgement of my character. However, I know that I would do something, I am not claiming to beat the **** out of the guy or anything, I am just a firm believer that if people see one person standing up for what is right in said scenario then they will follow suit.

Most people are followers and are thus scared to stand up first.

You're right, in my experience it only takes one person to end 'The Bystander Effect'.
I don't understand why people would have left, that's absolutely disgusting.
Original post by Margaret Thatcher
Article.

What would you have honestly done?

There's no real way to know what I would have done in that exact situation. But I would have probably attacked him as he's 5 in shorter than me.
Original post by concubine
I've ended up in hospital twice helping complete strangers in violent situations, I don't see why I wouldn't do it again.

Wait... The husband didn't do ****?

Jeez.

Why what happened to get you in hospital?
I live in Kingston and this ****ing disgusts me. I've got involved in bus disputes around this area before, and I'm not afraid to come in verbally. Physically, it really would depend on the situation, and if I had backing from anyone else. If I was in there with a mate, definitely would, on my own likely shout my lungs out at him and ring the police, maybe even follow them off the bus.
(edited 13 years ago)
Everyone on that bus should be utterly ashamed of themselves.
Reply 66
'I would verbally confront the attacker, but avoid physical confrontation.'
There's no way I'd be able to stand there and watch that happen without doing something, but being a woman myself I wouldn't put myself at risk of physical danger.
Pathetic, maybe they laughed because they thought it might be a tv prank show :frown:
Reply 68
Original post by Margaret Thatcher
Article.

What would you have honestly done?

Definitely would have done something.
I've done it before, and i'll do it again.
Reply 69
I would definitely do something but i'm an absolute wuss ^^
Reply 70
Original post by Lewroll
Good idea. Knowing how slow the metropolitan police can be, the LAPD would probably get there first.

Aye, Met police are a fricken nightmare!
The people inside that bus are just plain stupid/coward mother****ers who only care about their selves!
How can they not at least verbally warn him or at least call the police if they can't beat him.
Also, he's only 1 and there are lots of people in the bus, surely all of them would team up to beat the crap out of him!
I'd call the police if i were there or at least find an object that is something hard that way, if he attacks me after verbally warning him, i have something to use for self-defense.
Reply 72
I would av been like "Yo bladrin wag1 n ting? Wats da beef cuzzybro? Dem brehs dayn't say nuting 2 u blud, allow it yeah and leave the bus....NO LONG TING"
I have jumped into fights when my mate is being attacked for no reason and are heavily out numbered, I took a hell of a beating but I wouldn't be able to live with myself had I not tried to help. My grandad has drilled into me from a young age that evil occurs when the good standby and do nothing , all it takes is one person to stand up and others will follow. I honestly do think I would have got involved although it terrifies me that he may well have been carrying a knife.
Reply 74
I would've smacked him.
Why didn't her husband do anything?
I actually don't know what i'd do, obviously nothing physical becuase I wouldn't be able to stop him i'd call the police, it's impossible to say unless you're in that situation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending