Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is Julian Assange innocent of rape or did the USA set up a honeytrap? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've read a couple of articles that reference the fact that Swedish rape law is very different from that of, for example, the UK or USA. I'm actually almost offended by what the Swedish laws seem to be suggesting- that a condom breaking midway through sex, or having consensual sex with a woman sans condom, is tantamount to rape.

I've not been able to find specific references in Swedish law to this, though, so I remain unconvinced.

http://www.redroom.com/blog/sunny-si...julian-assange
    http://www.aolnews.com/world/article...probe/19741444

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Summergirl.x)
    Sorry what?

I could have an opinion, but I couldn't judge it could I? He could have. Not very likely at all but he could and unless I sat in the jury I wouldn't be able to judge myself.
    Plus Assange, it's not like he's a saint, he is still perfectly able to commit crime just like any other human being...

Well this is the first I've heard of an alternative story... :/ But the fact is Al Qaeda did fly planes into a building killing hundreds. Are you trying to suggest that either:
    1) The whole thing never happen, as in the building just collapsed one day.
    2) They used secrete service people to fly the planes into the building. Because that's B******t too. Why would America want to kill their own people?
    why would America kill their own people? to justify their presence in afghanistan, hence loot their natural resources. eg: oil.
    Tell me this, why did it take America a long time to scramble F-16 fighter jets with NO ROCKETS ATTACHED when Flight 93 was still airborne claiming to be hijacked? G.W Bush gave the military the order to shoot down the civilian plane.
    Also, how did the passport of the hijackers survive 2000 Centigrade blaze in the building which the CIA found? if thats the case, then the American military uniform should be made from the same material as the passport!\

Rant over.

Anyhow, I agree Assange is being set up by the US government, either that, or that was badd @$$ timing!

ReputationRep:
    I'll wait until he is tried.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joinedup)
    BTW if he tried that sort of expose on the russian government he'd already have had a polonium sandwich.
    this made me lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LawBore)
    I'll wait until he is tried.
    your sig is scary

ReputationRep:
    I believe it's the first time someone has been wanted from Interpol just for some alleged sexual assault.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 9, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.