Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    This is so so sad.
    What is the use in a thread like this OP?

ReputationRep:
    I love how the topic of race brings people together lmao. As a young black woman i have to say, using the plural "women" in the post will not help you get your original point across.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neville 'Facking' Bartos)
    Why does it take at least 3 of you together to result in mass screeching and general annoyance? Whether its on the streets, Nandos, the bus or any old store...
    most of us are not raised ''quitly'' but more loud. we learned to stand up for ourselfses, so we can survive in the harsh world

ReputationRep:
    We will never get rid of racism if many of these threads are "ask a black woman" "ask a white boy" "why are black women unattractive" and stupid threads continued. When I go on TSR and see these threads, it sickens me to the core because people re still identifying themselves as a particular kind (whether be black man or black woman or white man or ...) it's annoying. It's just segregating us (society) more and more.

Anyway I don't like the term white, when was the last time anyone saw a white person?

ReputationRep:
    Do black women poo? :angel:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by desi-desi)
    Is there anythin you want to aks about black women? do it here!
    no sexual or weird things, pure political/cultural etc
    OK, here's my question: Why is Christianity so popular in a country that is so clearly ignored by a God that in truth doesn't exist?

If that one is too easy to answer, try this: Where have all the Nigerian email spammers gone? Locked up or filtered out? I never seem to receive their emails any more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ammelia)
    Because our hair isn't the same as people with asian and white hair. It breaks really easily and doesn't look that great naturally (or at least my brother calls me a freak for not having hair like a white person). People don't appear to realise that people like Beyonce do not have natural hair that way. It's weave.

Men are more confortable with having shorter hair I guess. Maybe it's magazines or whatever, but there aren't many (in fact I know none) black role models with their hair worn naturally to aspire to.
    Well if thats the case, then that is complete bull****. People should be comfortable in their own hair. Why do they try to look white and asian? Newsflash- they arent, they can only be themselves and if they arent comfortable being themselves then something is wrong. You know what really pisses me off, when i see little girls with that fake **** on their head. Its bloody ridiculous. rant over.

ReputationRep:
    I never been to KFC, I hate fastfood. But I love nice and quit places like pizaria's
    My lips do not turn inwards, so how can I kiss my own teeth :confused:
    No, I dont like bungeejumping, you rather go alone

btw: you seem to think I'm from a gettho?
    No, I seem to think you're stupid to think that you being black and female makes people want to ask you questions. I responded with an equally stupid, stereotypical view of black women.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thewiseone)
    how do you feel about this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGdCeMayUjk
    I feel nothing, just emptyness

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut: This thread is both hilarious and slightly cringey. I can imagine how is going to go

ReputationRep:
    Because our hair isn't the same as people with asian and white hair. It breaks really easily and doesn't look that great naturally (or at least my brother calls me a freak for not having hair like a white person). People don't appear to realise that people like Beyonce do not have natural hair that way. It's weave.

Men are more confortable with having shorter hair I guess. Maybe it's magazines or whatever, but there aren't many (in fact I know none) black role models with their hair worn naturally to aspire to.
    I'm going to have to say something here.

I think black hair look great naturally, much better than some of the crap that I see black women throwing on their headtop. Part of the reason that it comes across as being weak is because of the crap that's put in the head in the first place. Relaxer, weave, and stuff like that has very little benefit.

ReputationRep:
    ^ That wasn't worded very well. I should have said "continent" and not "country".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrt23498)
    Anyway I don't like the term white, when was the last time anyone saw a white person?
    Ive never seen a 'white' person or a 'black' person, except this guy

On tv he looks really really pale, although in that picture he looks pinkish.

ReputationRep:
    I never been to KFC, I hate fastfood. But I love nice and quit places like pizaria's
    My lips do not turn inwards, so how can I kiss my own teeth :confused:
    No, I dont like bungeejumping, you rather go alone

btw: you seem to think I'm from a gettho?
    OP you're retarded

Oh and your thread sucks

ReputationRep:

Please don't encourage this setiment. There is nothing wrong with a black woman's natural hair that she has to cover it with someone elses. This basically implies we are ashamed of who we are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    :lol: This thread is stupid, but quite jokes.
    I'm gonna troll it like the dirty, stupid thread that it is. Op is unlikely to catch on.... Join me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bunty64)
    do you wear a weave? as for your previous post about black people not being forced in their preference for straighter hair, smaller noses, lighter skin etc, where do you think this desire comes from?
    like already mentioned, it has nothing to do with wanting to be white. I'm proud of my heritage, and like to stay that way. I mostly wear my hair kinky or curly, I like curls. Weaves are easier, beceause our hair does not grow fast.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by damidude)
    Does it really matter?
    p.s your picture of hyorinmaru is cool

Does it matter?
    Evidently enough for you to quote me on it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bulan)
    OK, here's my question: Why is Christianity so popular in a country that is so clearly ignored by a God that in truth doesn't exist?

If that one is too easy to answer, try this: Where have all the Nigerian email spammers gone? Locked up or filtered out? I never seem to receive their emails any more.
    the white man came over and told them about their god jesus (oh yeah, and introduced them to friiied chickun!)
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by damidude)
    Does it really matter?
    p.s your picture of hyorinmaru is cool
    Well yes. TSR sets up certain forums where you can post relevant issues. Here it is on Theology and Religion, which being Black does not pertain to. So I do not think that that it is appropriate nor keeping in the forum style, to post a needless thread. Or rather, a thread in the wrong place. It is like posting about religion in the sports section. That would be stupid.

And I know :cool:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.