Don't even know (or have experienced) what IMAX is. :pierre:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
      :zomg:

:indiff:

Were you born? Are you human? Did you shoot down to Earth in a capsule? :awesome:

(Original post by cambo211)
          This time tomorrow I'll be watching Tron :awesome:
          Surely you'd be watching the adverts?

ReputationRep:
          Just back from watching Tron:Legacy.

I absolutely loved it.

You should see it simply to marvel at the special effects and feel the soundtrack.
          I would also advise you to do everything in your power to get hold of a copy of the original because it'll enhance this film so much if you know the backstory.

Spoiler:
          Show
          There is one line in particular that you simply won't appreciate enough if you haven't seen the first film

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by Madjackismad)
          Surely you'd be watching the adverts?
          There were only two trailers and then it started :awesome:

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by cambo211)
          Just back from watching Tron:Legacy.

I absolutely loved it.

You should see it simply to marvel at the special effects and feel the soundtrack.
          I would also advise you to do everything in your power to get hold of a copy of the original because it'll enhance this film so much if you know the backstory.

Spoiler:
          Show
          There is one line in particular that you simply won't appreciate enough if you haven't seen the first film
          Spoiler:
          Show
          Yeah I watched the first last night ready for Legacy and my best friend and I both looked at each other in Legacy and burst out laughing! Door, right?

I loved it too and thought that the story was better than the first and YES I so felt the soundtrack but, I dunno, maybe because so many people have compared it to Avatar, it didn't completely blow me away...still loved it!

5.30pm. :jive:

Having trouble forming an opinion on the film.

ReputationRep:
              I want to see this film purely because it's looks sooo pretty
              I hope it's still showing after Christmas!

ReputationRep:
              (Original post by chemical_bex)
              I hope it's still showing after Christmas!
              Disney will be sooooo mad/depressed if it's not.

ReputationRep:
              Arrg friends asking me to go see it 2moro, not sure if it's worth it! I'm not all that into sci-fi (if it even is science fiction), will I still be able to appreciate it?

ReputationRep:
              Just back from seeing Tron. I expected it to be rubbish but nothing else was on. It turned out to be quite good. The special effects, sound and music are outstanding and in my opinion this is the type of movie that has to be experienced in the cinema rather than at home. I'm not sure it would have the same effect at home. The motorbike scene was the best and reminded me of the famous scene in Akira.

The first half of the movie was very good, second half so-so, muddled and cliche. Overall worth a watch though. 6/10 I enjoyed it.

I thought 13 from House did a pretty good job.

ReputationRep:
              I just got back too! And, I'm not going to spoil anything for the rest of your guys but WOW. I was COMPLETELY blown away by the Lightbike scene earlier in the movie. With the song (called 'The Game has changed') playing in the background, the tension was rising steadily and i remember thinking 'It just doesn't get more epic than this' I was delighted that Tron made an appearance, although...

@Silent Ninja: I completely agree with you; the music was incredible. A big thumbs-up to Daft Punk; they did an absolutely brilliant job (And I hadn't actually expected to see them IN the movie; throughout the whole fight scene I was like 'OH NO! Don't hurt the Daft Punk dudes! D:' xD

ReputationRep:
              The first one was never fully appreciated at the time.

ReputationRep:
              This film looks so good :sogood:

ReputationRep:
              (Original post by M1F2R3)
              This film looks so good :sogood:
              The special effects weren't the only outstanding thing on show...

ReputationRep:
              (Original post by silent ninja)
              The special effects weren't the only outstanding thing on show...

Jackpot :sexface:

ReputationRep:
              You said you weren't going to spoil anything but you gave away two pretty big spoilers.
              Oh really? I don't think that I particulartly gave anything away. It's evident from most trailers that there are various lightbike scenes and also the fact that daft punk take part in the movie. I may have stated that Tron makes an appearance also, but I haven't stated his role, purpose etc. in the movie.

ReputationRep:
              Tron visuals + Daft Punk Soundtrack + Some kind of psychedelic = Epic movie experience

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
            Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
            Useful resources
          • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
            Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.