The Student Room Group

single people - do you think you will still be single this time next year?

Scroll to see replies

Definitely.

I probably don't fit the criteria of being 'fairly normal' though.
Original post by Yawn11
Shame, I liked you.

You're joking (I assume/hope :p:) ... but I've had real people say that to me.
Reply 62
This is now a hookup thread! :sexface:

Honestly, I'm pretty sure I'm going to be single. There are no girls I know that I like in that way, and I'm not going to go into a new friendship group, so there's no chance I'm going to meet new people.
Reply 63
Original post by shinytoy
hi folk

for those of you who are single, over 18, averagely attractive and fairly normal, do you think you will still be single this time next year? the year after?

im attractive but very very [picky and for religious reasons, i dont see the point in dating a guy i wouldnt marry. so as a result, i have very few boyfr's and alot of first dates that go nowhere. ive only had one good bf in the last 7 years (we were together 1 year) and have been single since we broke up 18 mos ago. i expect to date about 6-8 new guys this year, but expect to still be single this time next year since i like very few dudes.

the story of my life... :|
Reply 64
Original post by mc1000
I am currently 20. My first (and only) girlfriend I had was when I was 16. Last relationship ended when I was 16. It was 16 years until my first relationship. Statistically, unless there is a break in the 'trend' (and yes, I know that this is a likelihood, considering the majority of people), it will be 16 years from this relationship until my second relationship - when I am 32. 32 - 12 = 20. The age I am now.

Yes, I know I'm pretentious :P

thats a load of rubbish. the average chav has their first relationship at around 12, and it CERTIANLY isnt another 12 years before they have another. my first r-ship i was 18/19, and it was 3 months before i had another, but i dindt meet anyone i really liked until i was 22 (my ex) we were together a year and i am now 25, single ever since.
Reply 65
Original post by CookieDoughLove
:dontknow: i'm not too fussed either way tbh, i'm only 19, plenty of time to have relationships and what not. Right now i'm focusing on my degree.

focusing on degree > focusing on work > focusing on retiring > going to the grave

A life well spent...
Probs gonna be single since no-one right now is showing interest in me.

Oh wells.

Male, 17 right now.
Reply 67
hi folk

for those of you who are single, over 18, averagely attractive and fairly normal, do you think you will still be single this time next year? the year after?

im attractive but very very [picky and for religious reasons, i dont see the point in dating a guy i wouldnt marry. so as a result, i have very few boyfr's and alot of first dates that go nowhere. ive only had one good bf in the last 7 years (we were together 1 year) and have been single since we broke up 18 mos ago. i expect to date about 6-8 new guys this year, but expect to still be single this time next year since i like very few dudes.

what about you and why? also, state if you are a guy or a femme

Yes I will still be single, but I dont care, I dont see it as something bad to condem-I have my whole life ahead of me! :smile:
Reply 68
Original post by TheSownRose
You're joking (I assume/hope :p:) ... but I've had real people say that to me.

No, sorry to disappoint but I'm only half joking. :colonhash:

I dunno what it is, but I like your posts, or at least the personality that comes through them, seems so cool calm and collected/ mature - I can't find the word..

And I like your user name. I like the way it looks typed up, and the way it rolls off my tongue (in my head).

It's weird I know, but as this is a site dedicated to weirdos, I feel at perfect ease to say this. :biggrin:
Original post by the_13th
focusing on degree > focusing on work > focusing on retiring > going to the grave

A life well spent...

Um no. After i've got my degree, and then a job, i'll be quite happy to have a family. So until that point, i'm not really fussed about relationships. They cause nout else but hassle anyway.
Original post by Yawn11

I dunno what it is, but I like your posts, or at least the personality that comes through them, seems so cool calm and collected/ mature - I can't find the word..

And I like your user name. I like the way it looks typed up, and the way it rolls off my tongue (in my head).

It's weird I know, but as this is a site dedicated to weirdos, I feel at perfect ease to say this. :biggrin:

Composed? :dontknow:

(Sorry for randomly butting into your conversation)
Probably.
Reply 72
thats a load of rubbish. the average chav has their first relationship at around 12, and it CERTIANLY isnt another 12 years before they have another. my first r-ship i was 18/19, and it was 3 months before i had another, but i dindt meet anyone i really liked until i was 22 (my ex) we were together a year and i am now 25, single ever since.

Heh... do you realise that my original post was completely tongue-in-cheek? :P

Obviously I'm likely to be in a relationship at some point in the next 12 years. I've had several chances in the last 4 years but they have either been girls I don't like back, or who I only like back once they've convinced themselves that I'm never going to reciprocate their feelings and therefore get over me. Chances are, the right timing will happen before I'm 32...

It was just a facetious way of saying 'Yes, I probably will be', to OP's question.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Yawn11

Seriously, not uncomfortable at all saying you like someone because their username looks good?

Just keep focusing on that asexuality... :s-smilie:
I'm not in a rush to unsingle myself, relationships in my case have been too much stress!

Just going to focus on getting into uni for now.
No, I'll be knee deep.
100% sure and I don't care.
Reply 77
Original post by Tyrannosaurus Cal
I think I probably will be... I'm not really that into relationships and would like to focus on my career (hahahaha) for a bit.

EDIT: I'd genuinely love to know why I got a thumbs down for this...

It was unfair... i gave you a thumbs up to try and balance it a bit :smile:
Original post by ArcadiaHouse
Ah, so you're not the only one expecting 18 to bring massive changes. :five:

haha yep i turned 17 amonth ago and gave a gap year to school,my A-levels for a year.
so yh i'm not wasting the free time i have :wink:
deffo need some changes BEFORE 18 even :smile:
Reply 79
I'll definitely be single in a years time. Relationships just aren't for me!

Quick Reply

Latest