Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

It's more probable that God is black, so why is he depicted as Caucasian? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Huge sweeping misconception. We all decended from africa, correct. God (apparently) created the universe. According to your logic, God originated from a place that was yet to be created(by himself).
    Tbh, i didn't bother reading past the line that implies this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charzhino)
    Why stop at a primodorial soup, how about God is a proton, or a quark? But where did they come from. Therefore I guess God must be God. Makes sense :rolleyes:
    Lets just keep going back.
    Before, all this matter was in a star.. God is a star? But, that came from gas. God is gas? But.. that came from the Big Bang. What was before the Big Bang? There was no before. Therefore... there is no God.

OP, your logic is fun to work with

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lightburns)
    Lets just keep going back.
    Before, all this matter was in a star.. God is a star? But, that came from gas. God is gas? But.. that came from the Big Bang. What was before the Big Bang? There was no before. Therefore... there is no God.

OP, your logic is fun to work with
    I beat you to it by saying God is a quark. Oh and there was a ''before''.

ReputationRep:
    Jesus came from what is now Palestine, so he was Mediterranean /brown..you see I'm not Mediterranean but I won't claim that Jesus was Somali just because I have low self esteem, like black people do..or to make it seem that we are a super race like white people do.

ReputationRep:
    Everything before the big bang was made of bacon.

Therefore God must be bacon.

Which is why bacon is so delicious!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student#254)
    Why does God or Jesus have to be Caucasian?

We originated from Africa, so therefore, there's a greater probability that God is black. In fact if there were a God, i'd say 99% he black or of African decent since that's where humans evolved from.

It's down to European superiority and evangelism spreaded through imperialism that we depict God in such an arbitrary and ignorant way.

Though 'God' is just a human concept. The Universe has no place for God as we portray him; though there could be an ethereal force yest undiscovered. A force that bathes in the dark abyss of higher dimensions. The force is all around us. We are that force.

God is a paradox. Mathematics does not support paradoxes. If there were a God, who created him... and so on. Therefore, the chance that there was an original creator decreases. So the universe must have been created through chance events; not a creators vision.

Ok I admit that I have no idea what I'm talking about from about in the third paragraph, but my original point still stands - 'If there were a God, he is likely to be black.'
    The Judeo-Christian god (and I'm assuming this is the deity you're referencing) is not conceived as being corporeal, so has no race/skin colour/whatever.

The reason he is depicted as white in Europe is because . . . YOU'RE IN EUROPE! Go to Africa and he'll be depicted as black, go to China and he'll be depicted as Chinese. It's a Jewish deity so if anything should be depicted as Semitic in appearance.

ReputationRep:
    SHHH. :mad:

(Original post by History-Student)
    Everything before the big bang was made of bacon.

Therefore God must be bacon.

Which is why bacon is so delicious!
    Win.

Okay Charzhino, History-Student beat us all to it. God is bacon. Bacon > Spaghetti, so nobody will bother supporting the FSM.
    We can conclude that God is not black or white. God is pink, with some white streaks.

ReputationRep:
    I can see what you mean about depictions of Jesus, who is usually shown as a European looking man with pale skin. Presumably, someone from the middle east would have had darker skin,although he wouldn't necessarily have been black.

ReputationRep:
    Your reasoning is hilarious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student#254)
    I also mentioned Jesus.

Jesus could've been black you know. T
    Why do you assume that every country depicts Jesus as Caucasian?

ReputationRep:
    What the hell is wrong with you? I mean seriously......?

For one GOD is not a homo-sapien. Race is something we attriubte to humans and humans only.
    We do not know what GOD looks like. Infact our minds are not capable of envisioning GOD.
    GOD is not a human!

ReputationRep:
    'If there were a God he is likely to be black?'

No-one can judge the likelihood AT ALL of what God may look like if He exists./existed.

ReputationRep:
    VS

"Ain't nuff KFCs for the both us"

TUNE IN.......BIGGER, LONGER, BLACKER.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SomaliMan)
    Jesus came from what is now Palestine, so he was Mediterranean /brown..you see I'm not Mediterranean but I won't claim that Jesus was Somali just because I have low self esteem, like black people do..or to make it seem that we are a super race like white people do.
    Well you clearly have some issues don't you?

ReputationRep:
    if i go to heaven and-if there is a god-it isn't Morgan Freeman, i'm going to be friggin pissed! :P

ReputationRep:
    SHHH. :mad:

Win.

Okay Charzhino, History-Student beat us all to it. God is bacon. Bacon > Spaghetti, so nobody will bother supporting the FSM.
    We can conclude that God is not black or white. God is pink, with some white streaks.
    you make him sound like a marshmallow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The*Doctor's*Rose)
    you make him sound like a marshmallow
    Maybe those are the angels?

Need to get chocolate fudge cake in here somewhere..

ReputationRep:

Holy Spirit obviously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by History-Student)
    Holy Spirit obviously.
    NOM!

(I'm going to sleep now, must get up for tuition fees demo tomorrow. I will dream of bacon thanks to you. It will be good.)

ReputationRep:

I'm allergic to chocolate
    Maybe i'm going to hell
    the devil is probably made of liquorice :puppyeyes:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 10, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.