Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

if Wikileaks exposed everybodys Facebook stalking... Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'd have to leave the country and change my name

ReputationRep:
    if Wikileaks exposed everybodys Facebook stalking... I have a feeling a lot of us on here would be totally screwed

ReputationRep:
    Well everyone probably stalks someone anyway...

There's probably already some people that can do it, just not on a large scale or can do it but choose not to.

ReputationRep:
    I would be curious to see who looked at my profile and for how long,
    But I wouldn't want anyone to know that I was looking at their's >:]

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I'd be too bothered, I have been on some Facebook pages of girls who I haven't seen for a while (ie went to college and uni with and either only see every once in a while or haven't seen since leaving college and uni) but I think nearly everyone secretly checks out the Facebook pages of people they like so they'd be more worried about who they look at coming out rather than who looks at them. Anyway it could work out well and you might realise they are on your Facebook pages as much as you are on theirs.

Anyway I deactivated my Facebook a few months ago before I went on holiday and I haven't fully reactivated it now. I only reactivate it when I want to check something on Facebook like a status update that my mates have mentioned at the pub and then I deactivate it again. I've only been on about 5 times at the most in the last 2 or 3 months. The reason I deactivated it was I couldn't get on the internet whilst on holiday and one or two of my mates are the type to post stupid/controversial stuff on people's pages so they would have been on my page for everyone to see until I back.

ReputationRep:
    The problem comes down to what we fear of knowledge. We only want to know what we want to know, and knowing the whole truth is sometimes overwhelming. I think that a lot of people are afraid of knowing what people really think of them, but still want to know the answer. So it comes down to the principle matter, can you handle the information? Do you really want to know the answers? Would you be happy not to know, or would you regret not finding out?

ReputationRep:
    You've LITERALLY made me wet my pants :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    Who cares? Its facebook.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mastermind`)
    I'd support it. I don't call it "stalking", I call it "market research" :cyber:
    I call it investigating. :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    I would pretend that I forgot to X the browser, which is why I clocked up so much time on their page :ninja:

My friend would be so screwed though ahahahah

ReputationRep:
    Going on and looking at peoples' profiles doesn't = stalking them OP. You sound like a fairly conceited 16 year old girl

*Commenting on all of their status', pictures, constantly writing on their wall is a bit obesessive and weird, you could say that' E-stalking but still not actual stalking

Also tagging people in pictures continually should be considered E-stalking imo, my friend was doing it to me not long ago (with my own pictures) it genuinely pissed me off SO much after like2 pictures, I tried to keep cool with it and not blow up and try and make him look like a moron though, we're cool now

ReputationRep:
    Wait, are they really planning to do that?

Ok, forgetting anything I had said before, let's take Wikileaks down right now.

Seriously though, give me one person who doesn't at least do a bit of mild stalking on facebook. It'd be interesting to find out who obsesses over me (actually, probably depressing when I find out it's no-one).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mau5)
    This is why I have a a fake account account purely for perving purposes.
    Same here.
    But if that one were revealed to be me...oh the horror.

ReputationRep:
    But, it wouldn't really be to their advantage, would it? Lots of people are into transparency blah blah, Wikileaks would lose a lot of support!

From a personal point of view, I would be:eek:, no more sniggering at my ex's "lovely" gf'

Fb should be for anonymous spying and poking about purposes

ReputationRep:
    Oh everybody has a facebook stalk now and then :ninja:

If people don't want others to look, they shouldn't post stuff up for all to see!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 9, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.