Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    1640 North India.

A time of pride and glory.

ReputationRep:
    Ancient Rome. Provided I was rich.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nathan2010)
    Exactly this. Obviously fighting for a just cause though..
    Yeah.. don't forget the plague, cholera, measles and 109538 other diseases you could have caught and almost certainly died back then, not to mention being hung, stoned, or w/e for having extreme or controversial views in relation to the government / culture

That's assuming you live long enough anyway, England say in the 1300s' - life expectancy at highest was around 40 and definetely shorter for a lot of people because of.... the black plague (I'll probably get the date wrong, first started in Europe in 1349?)

Not to dampen your view of the middle ages buuut chances of dieing back then were so high for the average person. Although, fighting with sharp, shiny swords does seem cool, also I would like to wear an original Knights templar armour, that is all.

ReputationRep:
    The caveman days, or with the Indians before they got invaded. As long as I didn't have any medical problems.

ReputationRep:
    Regency England in the times of Jane Austen. It fascinates me.

ReputationRep:
    0 AD So I could bear witness to Jesus Christ and his Apostles (hopefully!)

ReputationRep:
    Definatly the 70's and 80's. The music, the fashion would have been amazing, football hooliganism in its prime and would have been around for the rave scene in the late 80's and early 90's. Would have been an interesting and amazing couple of decades to have been around in.

ReputationRep:
    During the wars of Scottish Independence (1290-1328).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJkG.1)
    1640 North India.

A time of pride and glory.
    Shame it would only last 18 years until that pig Aurangzeb would begin his "tenure".

ReputationRep:
    Marie Antoinette era. :love:
    Edwardian/Georgian/Victorian Era, everything looks elegant/classy/gothic. And the food looks yummy.

Im also obsessed with Mythology Era, every guy looks tough and all the ladies are just so beautiful and very feminine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kristinaalovesu)
    Edwardian/Georgian/Victorian Era, everything looks elegant/classy/gothic. And the food looks yummy.
    :yum:

same here. :five:

Not sure about the Gothic bit. :ninja: but definitely classy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lonely14)
    :yum:

same here. :five:

Not sure about the Gothic bit. :ninja: but definitely classy.
    :p:
    The houses before looks gothic/victorian to me. Which is prettaaaay.

ReputationRep:
    1850s

ReputationRep:
    I can't understand why anyone would want to live in an era other than the most up to date. Apart from living in the era for just a week or something to see what it was like or get a taster, anyway.

Modern medicine, the internet, transport, etc.

ReputationRep:
    50s and 60s, ancient rome/greece or the victorian era

ReputationRep:
    50's would've been great, the age of elegance, it was still the norm to wear dresses. Women rarely left the house without hats and gloves and it was easy to be thin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tabers)
    Regency England in the times of Jane Austen. It fascinates me.
    I agree although preferably like to have been in the upper middle class and meet mr darcy lol.
    i think i could get along quite okay in that era. (Y).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.