Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bongboy6969)
    LOL you don't drink either? WOW! You must be LOOOOOAAAADDDS of fun! I bet you have tons of friends! haha or maybe not.....
    LOL you have to drink to get people to like you?! Shocker.

ReputationRep:
    Because I don't want lung cancer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krov)
    You have a very low understanding of logic my friend. Why would it imply that there should be the same number of alcohol drinkers as pot smokers ?

Nowhere.

Please think before you write something, it's tiresome.
    You're amplifying my argument when I did not intend it to be.

If you still don't understand, let me just say that people are more prone to use their brain when considering cannabis consumption (and thus avoid it) than it is the case for alcohol, the latter being socially acceptable and thus disables critical thinking most of the time when considering a drink.
    Quite the opposite, my logic is flawless, it just depends whether you have the capacity to understand it or not. You said the reason people dont smoke pot is because it damages their health. Alcohol also damages your health, even greater than pot. If you can't use your own logic to see why this should mean that there are an equal amount of smokers (in fact it should mean that there are more smokers), then you sir, are a hypocrite.

ReputationRep:
    Bongboy6969 You should just shut up because you sound ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    I like smoking te weeds, it gives me super powers....

Seriously though, I don't get why people don't smoke...

I know it's bad for your health etc. but im the type of guy that will try most things (within reason) at least once, whether it be smoking weed, wakeboarding, sky diving, playing golf etc because I want to live my life to the full and don't want to be deprived of new experiances...to be honest that would be a terrible waste of a life IMO

Obviusly weed is relativley harmless (compred to alcohol etc) so I don't understand the people that are so dead against it, they won't even try it!

I totally understand if you tried it, and hated it, but if you haven't tried it why knock it? Before people say it's bad for you or it's illegal, please stop and ask yourself why you drank when you were under age and still drink now...:rolleyes:

I just want to know why people miss out on this awesome plant
    its a drug, i don't do drugs, plus i had a bad experience with spliff cakes, no one told me there were spliff in them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jelephant)
    Because I have no desire to. The same reason why I don't particularly feel like visiting Norway tomorrow or keeping mice as a pet. It's all very well and good saying "live life to the full" but I have no interest or desire in doing certain things, and thus why sould I bother doing them just because somebody else may enjoy it?
    This. It just doesn't appeal, I get on perfectly fine without it so why bother? The legailty issue doesn't make all that much difference because even if it were legal, I doubt I'd want to do it. I do quite like the smell of it if someone else is smoking it though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edd360)
    Quite the opposite, my logic is flawless, it just depends whether you have the capacity to understand it or not. You said the reason people dont smoke pot is because it damages their health. Alcohol also damages your health, even greater than pot. If you can't use your own logic to see why this should mean that there are an equal amount of smokers (in fact it should mean that there are more smokers), then you sir, are a hypocrite.
    You sir, are illiterate.
    Read my posts.

God, I hate retards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by midpikyrozziy)
    I'm afraid to say that this appears to be a rather foolish comment. Did The Beatles lack imagination? Bob Marley? Obviously not. There is, in fact, no link between levels of imagination and willingness to take drugs.
    Those artists you mention would have been amazing with or without cannabis. It made sense for them to consume drugs at the time, to promote a laid back image and because their time or culture demanded it. They just went with the flow, and their personalities were strong enough to enjoy THC with no side effects.
    Problem its, talented and interesting people like the Beatles and pals are exceedingly rare.
    Most potheads in the West are sheltered rich boys with nothing better to do with their time or people in poor neighborhoods who don't know better. More often than not, it's peer pressure and boredom that pushes people to smoke. At parties, my smoker friends would get stoned and then they think they were getting creative all of a sudden, when in fact they're just giggling, mumbling and drooling on the carpet with empty eyes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seentje)
    Because I like to be able to spell correctly
    You condescending psuedo-intellectual, the OP made very minor spelling mistakes and their reasoning was coherent, so calling them up on their spelling is merely pompous and bigoted. Maybe you should try weed, it might help you relax enough so you can remove your own head from your arse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecatoutthebag)
    You condescending psuedo-intellectual
    Psuedo-intellectual.

What an insult.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by midpikyrozziy)
    With no offence intended, I've never liked this argument.

I'm perfectly happy without rollercoasters. I don't need rollercoasters to make me feel better. Yet I may occasionally ride rollercoasters. Why? Because I'm even happier when I'm on them, they're fun! Just because it is possible to be happy without them, they should not be disregarded as a possible source of happiness.
    No offence taken.

I agree it shouldn't be disregarded as a source of happiness. But neither do I think people should judge me for not wanting to partake in that particular source of happiness (rollarcoasters and cannabis surprisingly have never appealed to me...) just as I don't judge them for partaking in that source of happiness.

ReputationRep:
    Never had the chance

ReputationRep:
    This guy knows his ****.

the funny thing is, non smokers love to act high and mighty around stoners, and behave as if they are more intellignet then any stoner could ever be...

yet when they are asked why they don't smoke...they come out with the most retarded arguments :rolleyes:
    Sanctimonious pricks aren't they!

Some of the most intelligent people do drugs... Adlous Huxley experimented heavily with psychadelics and he wrote some of the best literature.

Will Self took heroin on John Major's jet... he is one of the most intelligent people I have read.

I couldn't agree more with you... people immediatley think they're somehow morally superior to those who take drugs and therefore more intelligent... it's stereotyping and generalisation at its finest, which, in essence, is the bane of the stupid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glowy Amoeba)
    Those artists you mention would have been amazing with or without cannabis. It made sense for them to consume drugs at the time, to promote a laid back image and because their time or culture demanded it. They just went with the flow, and their personalities were strong enough to enjoy THC with no side effects.
    Problem its, talented and interesting people like the Beatles and pals are exceedingly rare.
    Most potheads in the West are sheltered rich boys with nothing better to do with their time or people in poor neighborhoods who don't know better. More often than not, it's peer pressure and boredom that pushes people to smoke. At parties, my smoker friends would get stoned and then they think they were getting creative all of a sudden, when in fact they're just giggling, mumbling and drooling on the carpet with empty eyes

This comment begs the question, how would you know whether said musicians would be just as productive? indeed the comment is absurd when there are many instances of said musicians claiming the use of drugs aided their creative ability.

Just saying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krov)
    You sir, are illiterate.
    Read my posts.

God, I hate retards.
    What makes him illiterate? He clearly is not. You madame, are a ****!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanYom)
    agreed until you admitted drinking?
    I've never abused alcohol. don't assume I'm a binge drinker! (like most drinkers are in the uk it seems )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecatoutthebag)
    You condescending psuedo-intellectual, the OP made very minor spelling mistakes and their reasoning was coherent, so calling them up on their spelling is merely pompous and bigoted. Maybe you should try weed, it might help you relax enough so you can remove your own head from your arse.
    Thanks mate, really appreciate that! will have to rep you when I can!

The thing is, I can spell, but I don't really want to treat TSR, which I use as a way to relax from work (amongst other thinges! ) like an assignment, I merely just want to get my message across and that's it....

People on this site always do this..as if resorting to spelling errors and ignoring the discussion makes them seem more intelligent? Are these people 8?
    I also agree that she needs to chill the **** out, uptight cow...

ReputationRep:
    If it was legal, it would be even more prevalent than cigarettes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spazman21)
    Sanctimonious pricks aren't they!

Some of the most intelligent people do drugs... Adlous Huxley experimented heavily with psychadelics and he wrote some of the best literature.

Will Self took heroin on John Major's jet... he is one of the most intelligent people I have read.

I couldn't agree more with you... people immediatley think they're somehow morally superior to those who take drugs and therefore more intelligent... it's stereotyping and generalisation at its finest, which, in essence, is the bane of the stupid.
    Actually, I am more intelligent than any stoner could hope to be, if only because my brain functions normally.

Do I consider myself to be morally superior ?
    Morals have nothing to do with that.
    I just happen to consider myself smarter for not doing it.

You take 3 arguably intelligent guys, then suggest that ALL stoners are misunderstood geniuses and then say I'm generalizing. LoL.

ReputationRep:
    Because my parents have always smoked it. So I've seen people who were supposed to be taking care of me with big daft smiles and dilated pupils. My dad used to smoke it while driving. I expect he still does, but I don't see him any more, so I don't know. It's just got bad connotations for me.

And because of the whole passive smoking issue, I know there's nothing good in it for me - I don't get any of the good effects at all, just a headache, nausea, tearfulness... Plus I have depression, so it'd play merry hell with my brain chemistry.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.