Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    If i started my course in 2011 do i pay £3290 for one year then £9000 for the other 2 years or do i just pay £3290 for the whole 3 years as i would already be studying at uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bektas)
    WHAT THE ****,

HOW ABOUT THE GOVERNMENT GET ALL THESE ****ING **** **** SCROUNGERS WHO ARE BREEDING FOR FUN, WITH 10 KIDS, WHO HAVE NO INTENTION TO CONTRIBUTE TO SOCIETY AND CUT THEM OFF.

My parents have been paying taxes their WHOLE lives, to pay for that ****, pay for other people's livelyhoods. It's come to a point where I see a mother with about 6 kids on a bus, who is probably 'earning' more than my mum. WHERE'S IS THE FAIRNESS? **** SAKE.

What would the taxpayer rather subsidise? Benefits or graduate level studies? I bloody well know what my parents would choose.

The whole system is ****ed. ****ED ****ED ****ED.

Why should someone who wants to better themselves, personally, academically and for the common good get penalised with HUGE debts? Where someone who has done **** ALL with his or her life gets 'free' money, for doing abosolute that, **** all.

**** YOU CLEGG, **** YOU CAMERON. **** ALL THESE POLITICIANS.
    They are working on welfare reform as well, they are not just on some sort of vendetta to screw students.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Male_Melons)
    I support united.
    Hot- you won't be saying that when your in the summer. Yes I will. Hot weather is much better than cold. I hate this horrible snow and winter weather that ruins everything.
    Blastoise defeats chariszard.

No Blastoise would get terrorised.

Use Ice Beam to freeze Blastoise which always does 100% first time. Charizard speed is much faster so he gets first attack. Then use a thunder attack and adios Blastoise as electricity terrorises Water types.

I used to play Pokemon from the ages of like 4-10. I never one lost with Charizard to the big blue mess that is Blastoise.

Labour backwards. Clegg with the tories are progressive and forward thinking.
    Clegg is a tory :eek: Well now he is so what are you on about?

ReputationRep:
    I think the lib dems have effectively hung themselves on this.

(Original post by Bektas)
      WHAT THE ****,

HOW ABOUT THE GOVERNMENT GET ALL THESE ****ING **** **** SCROUNGERS WHO ARE BREEDING FOR FUN, WITH 10 KIDS, WHO HAVE NO INTENTION TO CONTRIBUTE TO SOCIETY AND CUT THEM OFF.

My parents have been paying taxes their WHOLE lives, to pay for that ****, pay for other people's livelyhoods. It's come to a point where I see a mother with about 6 kids on a bus, who is probably 'earning' more than my mum. WHERE'S IS THE FAIRNESS? **** SAKE.

What would the taxpayer rather subsidise? Benefits or graduate level studies? I bloody well know what my parents would choose.

The whole system is ****ed. ****ED ****ED ****ED.

Why should someone who wants to better themselves, personally, academically and for the common good get penalised with HUGE debts? Where someone who has done **** ALL with his or her life gets 'free' money, for doing abosolute that, **** all.

**** YOU CLEGG, **** YOU CAMERON. **** ALL THESE POLITICIANS.

/Rant
      True, the benefits system does need revamping.

ReputationRep:
      Meanwhile, did you know that each dangerous dog seized by the police each costs taxpayers £9000 to support?

Government :facepalm:

(Original post by WelshBluebird)
        Only for the very poor. Most people are worse off.
        No, since people pay less than they would have done originally.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Hana_87)
        So it won't affect courses starting next September?
        No Yourself and I are safe from the nasty Blue Clegg & Cameron Affair.

(Original post by Altocirrus)
          Meanwhile, did you know that each dangerous dog seized by the police each costs taxpayers £9000 to support?

Government :facepalm:
          How many dangerous dogs do you think are seized a year? How many students do you think want to go to university next year?

Yeah it's not quite enough, is it?

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by im so academic)
          No, since people pay less than they would have done originally.
          Not most people. I think its 60% of people will pay more under this system than what they would right now (not sure of exact %, but it was more than 50%).

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by Qaz25)
          Well 6 grand is when they have to start paying for the poorer students.

Doubt many universities would be charging lower than this... apart from the desperate uni's that need students to come to their uni. The 'better quality' uni's will cost more... and I wouldn't want to go to a uni that wasn't a good quality uni.
          Do a simple Google search. Or even read the Browne review/other documents. The information is there if you are bothered enough to search for it.
          Afaik, the second passed vote was to agree that for universities to charge over £6k they must protect access for poorer students. It's not a minimum.

ReputationRep:
          There already is a high demand for university places. If anything, it needs to be cut down.
          It's better to have a more skilled workforce. One of the reasons we're falling behind the rest of the MEDCs is because not enough people are going to university to increase our skilled workforce.

The problem isn't too many people going to uni, it's people taking degrees like boat studies.

ReputationRep:
          kthxbai Lib Dems (in 5 years anyway).
          • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by jb9191)
          Name a local rival Chelsea has that plays in red duhhh !! :facepalm:

Man Utd vs Man City local derby
          Liverpool vs Everton local derby

Chelsea

West Ham - claret and blue
          Millwall - white
          Fulham - white
          Spurs - white
          Arsenal - red/white - not 100% red

Even if you took Arsenal into consideration then RED STILL BATTERS BLUE !
          haha I knew that, and yes I was considering arsenal, seen as though during this season and both games last season, chelsea beat them 3/3 games.

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by Organ)
          No, American public universities (like Berkeley) are cheaper than British ones. Some states don't even charge tuition fees to some students.
          ahh right : / so Harvard, Princeton, those 'Ivy league' colleges aren't the public ones? Even so, Colleges like the University of California and other major states student fees are still higher than the average university fee in the UK... until now anyway

an I didn't know that, free college for students? That's awesome

ReputationRep:
          Now in my opinion, I feel for students, especially from ones who do live in bad areas and do have pure potential to be amazing! But the thing is so many students do stuff like media and art and camera angles I am sorry but I know so many people now who did that kinda thing at uni and are now working in hmv doing 20 hours a week, or on the doll, and some of them come out panic and take the quick option of travelling which puts them in more debt!
          It makes no sense in this matter that you pay X amount a year and then go away for 12, 18 how ever many months to rack in more debt!
          The country is ****ed! but there a many more people worse off, who have wives children homes and have lost there job, students doing these riots, what they are doing is the most retarded thing, it makes everyone hate you and puts a terrible view on students as a whole.
          I am lucky, I have a job which pays well, I didn't go to uni but I worked hard and the rewards are paying off, but I never know if I will have a job in 3 weeks.
          Students just need to remember that they pay off nothing really a week/month however it works until you make a certain amount PA, so just go, if you really are going to uni to do a worthwhile course an increase should not be a big enough deal to cause all this.

But I will agree with all students, that you were lied to, this country is ****ed and when I go to Las Vegas next May I might not come home.

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by AmyAmy0913)
          If i started my course in 2011 do i pay £3290 for one year then £9000 for the other 2 years or do i just pay £3290 for the whole 3 years as i would already be studying at uni?
          £3290 for full 3 years.

If you start in 2011 you will pay £3290 right through.

If you start in 2012 or later you will pay increase fees.

Basically, if you can, apply to go in 2011.

(Original post by perrytheplatypus)
            It's better to have a more skilled workforce. One of the reasons we're falling behind the rest of the MEDCs is because not enough people are going to university to increase our skilled workforce.

The problem isn't too many people going to uni, it's people taking degrees like boat studies.
            Or it's to do with way too many graduates and not enough jobs. The degree you do doesn't always matter if jobs are short.

ReputationRep:
            (Original post by jb9191)
            No Yourself and I are safe from the nasty Blue Clegg & Cameron Affair.

Phew! I feel sorry for year 12's though So if a course starts in 2011 and it's a three year course, will they have to pay the higher fees 2012 and 13?

ReputationRep:
            Excellent news. With all fees covered by loans, everyone can afford to go to uni, you will just have to pay it back.

If you dont feel a degree is worth the amount you will eventually payback then dont go to uni. Why should working class people on minimum wage pay their taxes to fund your uni degree which then earns you a much better income? Uni is an investment in yourself, grow up and treat it as such.

Do these protesting students think there is an unlimited pot of money? If the government continues to fund the stupid % of costs for each student, it will mean we lose more nurses, schools, policemen, hospitals etc. Id rather we kept these vital services and have the graduates on good incomes having to pay a higher percentage of the cost of their voluntary education.

Submit reply
          TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 18, 2010
        • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
          Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
          Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
        • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
          Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.