Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Of course I'm proud to be at Warwick!!

WAHEYYYY WARWICK! <3

ReputationRep:
    I don't boast about it. I like the fact no one can say it's a bad uni, and I also like the fact it leaped to 8th in the Times Higher Education rankings the year I joined, but do I tell people with a big smile and puffed chest I go to Sussex uni? Not really. I don't see the point in boasting about your uni. I'd rather boast about having a good time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_question)
    I go to Imperial.

Not proud at all.

Could have done better.
    how? lol

ReputationRep:
    They shouldn't have let me in, so not really :erm:

I feel like an imposter!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ily_em)
    They shouldn't have let me in, so not really :erm:

I feel like an imposter!
    What do you mean?

(You go UCL iirc, right?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FattyInNeed)
    What do you mean?

(You go UCL iirc, right?)
    Yep. I missed my offer!

ReputationRep:
    Yep. I missed my offer!
    By how much? And how does that make you feel like an imposter?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FattyInNeed)
    By how much? And how does that make you feel like an imposter?
    I got ABB instead of AAB. I feel like an imposter because it's like I've snuck onto the course and shouldn't really be here, and soon enough my ruse will be unmasked and they'll realise that I really am not good enough for them :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    I got ABB instead of AAB. I feel like an imposter because it's like I've snuck onto the course and shouldn't really be here, and soon enough my ruse will be unmasked and they'll realise that I really am not good enough for them :ninja:
    Which course is it? What's the uni like in general? Is it a good place to be?

Sorry for the Q's, got an offer without interview.

ReputationRep:
    I'm at Glamorgan and it's a shoody university compared to you guys but I'm immensely proud to go to uni to be honest. Especially how everyone gave up on me by year 4 saying that I wouldn't even get GCSEs therefore was always predicted low and put into foundation tier the fact I even passed my GCSE was a blessing to be honest =]

ReputationRep:
    Oxford, happy and proud! xx

ReputationRep:
    I think everyone should be proud just to get a place at any University. Every course is heavily oversubscribed. To go anywhere is a good achievement, be proud!

Even if your own University isn't as high up in these league tables as others, why bother worrying about it? It's about how well *you'll* do. :-)

And if you got in but got lower grades than the offer, then there's a case to be even more proud - they obviously looked past your grades and saw the person you could be and they clearly wanted you at the University... these admissions people aren't dumb, they know what they're doing

ReputationRep:
    No I had to pay for my pride, no thanks.

ReputationRep:
    They wouldn't have taken you if they didn't want you and didn't think you were good enough for them. It's not like you lied - they saw your application and your academic achievements and they wanted you. You have as much right to be there as everyone else

ReputationRep:
    I absolutely adore Cardiff as a city, and have incredible friends here. My lecturers for the most part are wonderful, and my dissertation actually fills me with joy [when I'm not panicking]. However, some of my best friends went to Cambridge so I sort of hate when we're together and people ask me where we go/went to uni.
    I'm still gutted I didn't get a place at St Andrews, but at the end of the day I chose not to reapply even though they said I'd be offered a place...and I could have gone to Edinburgh, but I chose Cardiff and the last three years of my life have been incredible so yeh I guess I am proud.

ReputationRep:
    I think if you're willing to go to the uni you shouldn't be ashamed of it.

I'm very proud of Birmingham, it's where I wanted to go, great course, great environment.

ReputationRep:
    Yep. York.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jrichardson21)
    Yep. York.
    :five:

I love being at York too, couldn't imagine being anywhere else

ReputationRep:
    Not proud to go to UWE, it's full of idiots. I remember when I was younger I was nervous about going to uni because I thought it'd be full of intellectuals who were way more cultured/intelligent than me, but it's pretty much the opposite. I love Bristol as a city though, so at least I didn't go to a **** uni in a **** city.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with last reply (even though I haven't started yet). I'm applying to UWE with the intention of going. I'm only applying there because I didn't sort anything out before (uni visits/research etc) and would also rather stay at home.

When I think of how many people will be leaving with degrees from 'good' universities it seems almost pointless obtaining one from UWE. Still, three more years of doing as close to nothing as physcially possible .

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.