Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Arrest every single protester who caused damage/harm Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lifesharker)
    Not that I approve of what the protesters are doing - far from it, this kind of vandalism gives students a bad name if nothing else - but I did find it entertaining that as far as David Cameron is concerned, this is unacceptable unless of course you happen to be in the Bullingdon club and daddy is footing the bill.

I agree that sending the message that it's acceptable is definitely the wrong thing to do. Protesting, fine (as long as they know why they're protesting, which an amusing number of the students you see interviewed don't seem to), but trashing stuff and hurting people is way out of line, even if I agree with their reasons for protesting.
    When has David Cameron ever said vandalism is acceptable if you're rich?

And do you not see the irony in complaining that students get given a bad name from things like this, as you then express a negative stereotype yourself...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DougieG)
    And frightening the royal parasites was great too!
    You're sick and uneducated. This was an innocent, elderly couple attending a charitable event. The Duchess of Cornwall was physically assaulted ffs. Your vile attitude explains exactly why the protests were a farce and why the taxpayer has turned against you.

They have the stupidity to come through students who have just had vast sums of debt thrust upon them driving a half-million pound car in handmade tailored clothes paid for by the taxpayer and expect not to get grief?
    They were attending the Royal Variety Performance. How could they turn around and tell all the performers, the BBC, the public (and so on) that they were not attending because they might be at risk from a few protesters who supposedly had innocent intentions? Also, Regent Street (where the event occurred) was not on the agreed protest route.

Oh, and the Prince of Wales receives no funding from the Civil List, genius.

I'm disappointed that the protesters didn't manage more.
    Yeah, say that behind your keyboard - coward.

ReputationRep:
    I don't agree with the actions of some but do you really think the government will take notice if everyone protests peacefully... they will keep coming out with the same line "we have looked at the argument and have taken the best possible route".

ReputationRep:
    To the contrary, they should be given medals.

Arrest all the "Liberal Democrat" MPs who voted yes first.

Then the only people who should be rounded up and prosecuted are those responsible for attacking random vehicles.

Perfectly understandable if it was Nick Clegg's car they were attacking, but the royals have nothing to do with it.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, I completely agree.
    These criminals are allowed to get away with just about anything and at the end of the day, this is criminal damage.
    This is all to do with 'Human Rights' which needs cleaning up and replacing with a new bill that dosen't let these scumbags get away with damage and violence.

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps MPs should be arrested for breaking the peace, as whilst the MPs are not directly responsible for damage caused, there would have been no riots without their actions.

ReputationRep:
    Arrest everyone above this post for allowing themselves to be trolled by OPs deliberatly antagonistic anti-student threads AGAIN

ReputationRep:
    Yes, because clearly the students are the only guilty people http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-11967098

Cops have been disgusting during the protests, though some students have also been disgusting many were just there to protest - not to fight - and ended up getting hurt by the people whose jobs are to protect us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Planar)
    Perhaps MPs should be arrested for breaking the peace, as whilst the MPs are not directly responsible for damage caused, there would have been no riots without their actions.
    That makes no sense.

So if I murder someone because I didn't like their tone of voice when they said "hello" to me, it's actually their fault?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rogercbinboy)
    Yes, because clearly the students are the only guilty people http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-11967098

Cops have been disgusting during the protests, though some students have also been disgusting many were just there to protest - not to fight - and ended up getting hurt by the people whose jobs are to protect us.
    inb4 hippy etc

hope he's alright

ReputationRep:
    I agree with the protest but yes those in the minority who caused damage should be arrested along with the minority of police men/women who battered those who were not causing harm.

ReputationRep:
    Didn't some numpty suffer brain damage? Doubt he'll get into Uni now lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lamps08)
    How do you know hes a 'numpty' he could have been one of the many peaceful protesters.

ReputationRep:
    How many people posting in this thread were actually there yesterday? Most of us were peaceful in all honesty, but that side of it doesn't get reported, it's all the vandalism that does obviously. I met people yesterday who openly admitted they weren't students, that they had come for the riots, so don't judge all of us by the media.

ReputationRep:
    The biggest victim of student riots?

beaten and punched for no reason

oh the brutality

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serentonin)
    How many people posting in this thread were actually there yesterday? Most of us were peaceful in all honesty, but that side of it doesn't get reported, it's all the vandalism that does obviously. I met people yesterday who openly admitted they weren't students, that they had come for the riots, so don't judge all of us by the media.
    I wish the police had beanbagged you, and someone made a video

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone, I know I'll probably be accused of trolling but I am genuinely wondering, why have the fees for university been put up by the government? I'm not really up to date because I'm several years off going to uni, and no one's actually said the reason for it... I'd greatly appreciate everyone's help, thanks very much!

ReputationRep:
    I wish the cops had shot the dirty scum who abused prince charles and camilla. Ironically they and the royal family are not responsible for the tutition fee changes, so why they think picking on them does their cause any good.... no idea.

The ones defacing our war memorials should be named and shamed and thrown out of their universities, or colleges.

The riot act should be read to the protestors who are kicking off, from helipcopters with loud speakers and officers with loud hailers.if they ignore it,giving them time to stop the trouble and leave the area, if they carry on I suggest tear gas, plastic bullets and water cannon and baton charges with police in full riot gear ,police horses running the scum down.

Those pictures were a disgrace,. my grandad did not fight, for scum to deface war memorials and attack the police. I saw one idiot unrinating on one.

If I remember we do have a harsh punishments for taking part in riots in this country. Lengthy terms of prison up to 12 years apparently, will they be used?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callum9999)
    When has David Cameron ever said vandalism is acceptable if you're rich?

And do you not see the irony in complaining that students get given a bad name from things like this, as you then express a negative stereotype yourself...
    The fact that he took part in similar activities as part of the Bullingdon club kind of indicates he thinks it acceptable - or thought it acceptable, at least.

I didn't stereotype anyone - I made a specific and accurate point about Cameron. I didn't vote for them, but I don't have any major crusade against the Tories for conforming to a stereotype. I just disagree with them on slightly more things than I do some other parties.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lamps08)
    The muppets mother was on there saying she was at the riots as well, saying how terrible the police are.I suggest arresting her as she has fessed up on national media and giving her a prison sentence. Zero tolerance.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 10, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.