Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why can't I get a girflriend? What's wrong with me? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    No one wants the guy who just wants 'someone', just wait for someone to come along because unless you're an absolute spoon it'll happen eventually.

ReputationRep:
    You're pathetic, and if you're not, then you seem pathetic to other people.

Maybe thats your problem.

Girls don't like pathetic guys. Most girls I know prefer guys who are not pathetic.

ReputationRep:
    A list of possible things u might need to improve or incorporate:
    hygiene [ ]
    swag (style) [ ]
    personality [ ]
    attitude [ ]
    career (profession) [ ]
    reputation [ ]
    hobbies [ ]
    interest [ ]

Just trying to help you. Peace!

ReputationRep:
    What the HELL is up with the replies on here? Indian guys aim too high? The general vibe I'm getting from this thread is a growing stereotype that Indian blokes are incompetent and can't get girls.

Erm, wrong. Nice guy syndrome? Utter rubbish. There's an Indian guy in my year that EVERY girl in the year fancies because he gets out there and chats to people on a one to one basis. He goes out with absolutely everyone and clicks with anyone who has a pulse. Every woman I've met at uni has heard of him and 90% of them fancied him at some point or another. When I walk down campus with him, groups of girls giggle as he walks past. He doesn't judge people for being shy or less talkative or having different interests, he enjoys people for what they are.

Last year he had a major crush on a friend of mine. Also Indian. She didn't like him in that way and liked one of my other friends, also Indian and genuinely a nice guy.

Both of these guys are nice people. You can talk about them with pride. Neither belittles others when they ask for advice, and neither would judge this guy quickly either. They've spent their entire lives both searching for the one and looking after their parents, and so have I. There's nothing wrong with it.

OP if you want meaningless sex, lower your standards. If you want love, hang in there. It'll happen. You're human, it's bound to. Just talk to more people and enjoy being single.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 29, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.