Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What age did you stop 'believing' in santa?? Watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: What age did you stop 'believing'?
    I never believed/Parents didn't do santa!
    20.77%
    Under 3
    1.54%
    2.31%
    3.08%
    4.62%
    6.92%
    12.31%
    6.92%
    3.08%
    9.23%
    5.38%
    2.31%
    Later
    0%
    WHAAT? HE'S NOT REAL?
    21.54%

ReputationRep:
    Think I was about 10. I already had my doubt and that was strengthened when I found a CD behind a curtain that I had asked for. I left it there and on Christmas day 'Santa' gave me that CD. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Still believe in it :p:

But i what i don't believe is the tooth fairy too though, i put my tooth under my bed and i found no money under my pillow. That suuucks! I was far too excited to use that money for some chocolates!

ReputationRep:
    About 5/6 ish, although I agreed with my mum to pretend for the sake of my younger sister, who still believed until she was about 9, despite the fact I'd told her he wasn't real when she was about 8, as I was then struggling to keep up the act :P

Now, they don't always keep what I'm getting for christmas secret, although they always do with some of it - ie I knew for certain I was getting a new computer last year, as I'd agreed with them to have less presents to have that one big one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rylit91)
    Father Christmas.
    Who calls him Father Christmas?? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CookieDoughLove)
    Who calls him Father Christmas?? :eek:
    Most people in this country!

ReputationRep:
    About 5/6
    I saw my dad walk into my room to fill up my stocking, but I already knew it was him. I had stayed awake on purpose. I just needed my proof :ninja:

I even wrote a story on it in school, about how Santa wears a Guinness top, the teacher was mortified.
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CookieDoughLove)
    Woah. Dude that's bad! Aren't you in highschool at 11? Didn't you get the piss took out of you?
    No, I was in high school 3 months before I turned 12. So for most of the time when I was 11 I was in primary school.

You know, the last year of primary school is from ages 10 to 11.

So for me that was September 1994 to July 1995. I turned 11 in December 1994 (my birthday is 5 days before Christmas).

So for the Christmas of 1994 I was in primary school and I was just turned 11 and I believed in santa.
    For the Christmas of 1995 I was in high school and I was just turned 12 and I didn't believe in santa.

comprende?

Anyway, no i didn't get the piss taken out of me, because I was fully aware that none of my classmates still believed in Santa, so despite me very obstinately thinking that they must be wrong (hoping desperately that they were wrong), I wasn't going to mention it to them. Believe me, by that time I'd had my fair share of being bullied, I wasn't going to tell them anything that might add fuel to the fire. No, I kept it very much between me and my mam lol.

Besides, I did SORT of know that he wasn't real, I just didn't want to believe it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
    No, I was in high school 3 months before I turned 12. So for most of the time when I was 11 I was in primary school.

You know, the last year of primary school is from ages 10 to 11.

So for me that was September 1994 to July 1995. I turned 11 in December 1994 (my birthday is 5 days before Christmas).

So for the Christmas of 1994 I was in primary school and I was just turned 11 and I believed in santa.
    For the Christmas of 1995 I was in high school and I was just turned 12 and I didn't believe in santa.

comprende?

Anyway, no i didn't get the piss taken out of me, because I was fully aware that none of my classmates still believed in Santa, so despite me very obstinately thinking that they must be wrong (hoping desperately that they were wrong), I wasn't going to mention it to them. Believe me, by that time I'd had my fair share of being bullied, I wasn't going to tell them anything that might add fuel to the fire. No, I kept it very much between me and my mam lol.

Besides, I did SORT of know that he wasn't real, I just didn't want to believe it.
    Ahhhh I see! :console: on the bullying.

I was a tad confused because I started High School 4 weeks after turning 11 you see

ReputationRep:
    Still believe in him

Found out in school (about 5years old) when some boys were talking about it

ReputationRep:
      Due to this 18. :cry2:

ReputationRep:
      I don't remember ever believing in santa, but my parents did tell me about him, so I must have just been reaaaally young when I found out. Kind of hard to believe in it when we don't have a chimney, on christmas eve my parents would send me and my sister to our rooms while looking for sellotape, scissors and wrapping paper, labels on presents were always in my mum's handwriting, oh and i found out that presents were hidden in the cupboard under the stairs for about 2 weeks before christmas... Pretended to believe in it til I was about 9 though

ReputationRep:
      About 9, I guess. I remember talking about the fact he wasn't real in Year 6 which is when you're 10/11.

A man sneaking into your house while you are asleep and deciding whether you are naughty or nice sounds like a Frankie Boyle joke.

ReputationRep:
      The ame day as I stopped believing in god, so about 7 or 8 years old.

ReputationRep:
      I was 7.

I have five older brothers who all had to keep up the pretence until I 'caught on'. My oldest brother was 15 when I figured it out, and I know he was relieved, especially because the previous Christmas I had embarrassed him in front of his friends talking about Santa.

ReputationRep:
      I was 5 or 7. I can't quite remember what year it was, but I know it was at my house so it had to be one of those years (we alternate whose house we stay at for Christmas in my family). I waited up and saw my mum come in and take my stocking downstairs. I was so excited that I had discovered the secret that I wasn't bothered that Santa wasn't real and woke my cousin up to tell her the news! I don't think she believed me until the Christmas after when we stayed up so she could she herself. We pretended for years that we still believed and felt really clever for outwitting the 'grown ups' about it.

(Original post by ArtGoblin)
        I was 5 or 7. I can't quite remember what year it was, but I know it was at my house so it had to be one of those years (we alternate whose house we stay at for Christmas in my family). I waited up and saw my mum come in and take my stocking downstairs. I was so excited that I had discovered the secret that I wasn't bothered that Santa wasn't real and woke my cousin up to tell her the news! I don't think she believed me until the Christmas after when we stayed up so she could she herself. We pretended for years that we still believed and felt really clever for outwitting the 'grown ups' about it.
        Lol should have told them and they would have convinced to you that he exists

ReputationRep:
        SANTAS NOT REAL!?!?!?!?!?!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo, CURSE YOUUUUU.

I thought you knew that

ReputationRep:
          Santa? Nah, never, I was much more logical. There must be one father christmas for every village, the only possible solution.... at least that's what I thought until the chimney-less caravans threw me. That, and burglar alarms.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
        Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
        Useful resources
      • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
        Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.