The Student Room Group

What's everyone's opinions on dreadlocks?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Einheri
Have you been to a shop called Lush before? That's where I got my henna from, they have a midnight blue one I think. There's a shop on Clumber Street in Nottingham (fellow Nottingham student here, respek blud :cool: ), they seem to be well-stocked on the henna front.

Uni or Trent? :hmmm:
:wink:

Yeah, I know Lush. I usually avoid the shop because I can't get over the smell enough to get close to it! :p: It'll take me a year to grow out my hair long enough to cut off all the relaxed ends and have fully afro hair, so I can't henna until then (as you shouldn't henna chemically treated hair).

I'll look out for someone with your hair in the streets of Nottingham when I'm back! :wavey:
Reply 61
I think they're pretty cool, providing you've got the right sort of thick bushy hair to do it with.
Reply 62
Original post by EskimoJo
Uni or Trent? :hmmm:
:wink:

Yeah, I know Lush. I usually avoid the shop because I can't get over the smell enough to get close to it! :p: It'll take me a year to grow out my hair long enough to cut off all the relaxed ends and have fully afro hair, so I can't henna until then (as you shouldn't henna chemically treated hair).

I'll look out for someone with your hair in the streets of Nottingham when I'm back! :wavey:

The real one Uni. :biggrin:

Yeah, the shop smells like old people and incense. Smells good when you stick it on your hair though.
Reply 63
I love dreads SO friggin much, I'd really love them for myself if I didn't think they'd be an issue with regards to my degree. I do pharmacy - some of my tutors are very uptight re professional appearance, and I know how judgemental people might be when I have to do placements etc. Urgh. Makes me sad.
Reply 64
I dont mind them, but I have arachnophobia, and it looks like there is a huge tarantula on your head.
don't like them. they look dirty. :dontknow:
Reply 66
As every hairstyle dreadlocks work on some people and don't on others.

But I do have to admit that if they are properly kept (ie. clean) find them lovely on some women and very attractive on guys. And in my experience most people with dreads know how to take care of them (unfortunately met some individuals thanks to whom we have the dirty stereotype...).

I absolutely love my locks and just dyed them recently :smile:
Reply 67
Original post by Mirithiar
As every hairstyle dreadlocks work on some people and don't on others.

But I do have to admit that if they are properly kept (ie. clean) find them lovely on some women and very attractive on guys. And in my experience most people with dreads know how to take care of them (unfortunately met some individuals thanks to whom we have the dirty stereotype...).

I absolutely love my locks and just dyed them recently :smile:

There was a girl in one of my classes at uni who had her hair in one huge, manky, wonky dreadlock (a Polish Plait according to t'internet). It was really disgusting and greasy, made me want to vomit every time I looked at it but it was very hard not to. Uggh. :biggrin: That said I normally like dreads on girls, especially blondes and redheads.

Major thread necromancy but oh well. :colondollar:
The guy in the Rihanna video with dreads is so hott. I thnk dreads can look great on some people and need to be washed, smell good and look neat.
Reply 69
Original post by Einheri
in one huge, manky, wonky dreadlock

I know what you mean (Beaver's tail) I really don't like them... Not a big fun of massive congos either.

Boy, I've seen some really hot dreadheads recently while rock climbing:biggrin:
Original post by CatatonicStupor
[terrible_puns]You're Jamaican me jealous that you beat me to it.[/terrible_puns]

Simply put, OP: if you're white...stick awaaaay. They tend to work for some people, but most of the time I see a white guy with dreads and think:

Lol I love Paul Chowdhry!

I think dreads look hot on some people!
Reply 71
nope, they dont look too great, can get smelly, and i like to run my fingers through a guys hair.
On the good side there sorta funny to flick?
I really don't like them :s-smilie::s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest