Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I kinda feel sorry for the girl, being will smith's daughter, then your big brother becomes a famous actor as well with a new film out so she probably felt pressured into becoming famous as well or she wouldn't be accepted kinda thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kristinaalovesu)
    Argh.
    It says its not available to my country. :cry2:
    :hmmmm2: That's strange, considering that the singer is American. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    she's like a little clone of rihanna
    the songs pretty catchy though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Martian)
    I do but she's like 10 and should be studying. She said once in an interview that she doesn't know her timetables. :/ It's her parents fault.
    I don't know my timetables. Never have. Pretty shameful, considering the A in a level maths and studying medicine thing...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lonely14)
    :hmmmm2: That's strange, considering that the singer is American. :dontknow:

This video contains content from Sony Music Entertainment. It is not available in your country.

Really weiiird

ReputationRep:
    Music is dead.

Mainstream is gash.

ReputationRep:
    You people complaining about music, don't like it, don't listen to it.

ReputationRep:
    This version is way better. I love him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRjzXXWb91s

ReputationRep:
    Okay this song is now in my head constantly, even when I try to blast it out with other music.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumanNature1992)
    I actually like it, its just a fun silly song from a 9 year old, dont take it too seriously lol
    How can you say that about a 9yr old girl droppin trap music?

i whip it real hard?
    sure shes talkin bout her hair...

ReputationRep:
    Its a tuneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! !!!

ReputationRep:
    SUCH a highly annoying song! But it did get me hair whipping a while back

ReputationRep:
    How can two talented actors, credit to the film industry, give birth to this screetching auto-tuned irritating fool. I'm all for pushing the envelope in what can be perceived as entertainment, but a 9 year old girl dressing and acting as someone twice her age singing a song she has neither written or played an instrument to. No, this isn't entertainment, this is yet another addition to the ever growing mass of bull**** that record labels have jumped onto for a quick buck.

ReputationRep:
    http://unhearit.com/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manitude)
    I was hoping for a bit of metulz:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpBv1KKFHAg
    (look at the first comment)
    I love that song :awesome:
    Came off the first Amon Amarth album I ever got :suith:

ReputationRep:
    OP - I hesitate to take matters of taste too seriously from a guy who has the annoying orange as his avatar.

I don't get the hate for this. She is fairly talented, especially for her age. Ok the song's not the best but people need to stop having the reflex aversion to mainstream. Mainstream is by and large gash, so it's understandable, but the songs alright. It's certainly a lot more interesting than oooo I don't know, Sex On Fire by Kings Of Leon.

Dorito, music isn't dead, it's alive as ever - you just have to search for the good stuff more now than you used to.

ReputationRep:
    It was one of those songs which have been designed to be annoyingly catchy and the lyrics are impossible to get out of your head for days so it will be a commercial success. A song devoid of meaning. It's songs like this that make me lose faith in the music industry

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it can be good psychologically for a 10 year old to have that much fame. And is it me or does it have a sexual edge to it? Bit inappropriate. Also whipping your head around like that's really bad for your brain hahahha.

ReputationRep:
    From what I've heard of it, 80% of the song is I WHIP MY HAIR BACK AND FORTHI WHIP MY HAIR BACK AND FORTHI WHIP MY HAIR BACK AND FORTHI WHIP MY HAIR BACK AND FORTHI WHIP MY HAIR BACK AND FORTHI WHIP MY HAIR BACK AND FORTHI WHIP MY HAIR BACK AND FORTHI WHIP MY HAIR BACK AND FORTHI WHIP MY HAIR BACK AND FORTHI WHIP MY HAIR BACK AND FORTHI WHIP MY HAIR BACK AND FORTHI WHIP MY HAIR BACK AND FORTHI WHIP MY HAIR BACK AND FORTH.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BritishRose)
    Baby Monkey anyone?

i laughed waaay more than i should have.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.