Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i went brack 3 year ago and the 100 was rubbish. getting to brack wasnt a problem in the morning, even though it was full of school kids that delayed the bus, but it was getting home that was the problem, 7 out of 10 times the bus would be late and standing in the middle of the countryside waiting for the bus was not good at all!!
    pretty expensive too especially when you have to catch an NCT bus then you have to jump on the 100...thats 2 separate bus tickets! i start in oct and im not looking forward to the travelling at all. early mornings and 2 buses for me!

ReputationRep:
    Did you end up booking accomodation on Brackenhurst or City? x
    Staying in the IQ building in the middle of the city, not looking forward to catching the bus every morning but oh well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sinny)
    Staying in the IQ building in the middle of the city, not looking forward to catching the bus every morning but oh well
    Ah .. I'm in the city too at Mill House. So atleast you shall have company! Have you got a bus pass sorted yet? What course are you studying at Brack by the way? xx

ReputationRep:
    I'm also going to be living in the city (Sandby halls) and catching the bus to Brackenhurst

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by esnowdon)
    I'm also going to be living in the city (Sandby halls) and catching the bus to Brackenhurst
    Ah awesome (: what course will you be doing? Xx

ReputationRep:
    Hi, im moving to brack on the 23rd but cant think what im gonna need to take.

ive got a few basics sorted any surgestions would be great

ReputationRep:
    Currently in Simpson Accommodation, looking to move in to Sandby Halls, anyone after a swap.. I have a large ensuite room pictured below
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater

Doing Business Economics and it is far closer for me. Any price difference waivered

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by faith16120)
    Ah .. I'm in the city too at Mill House. So atleast you shall have company! Have you got a bus pass sorted yet? What course are you studying at Brack by the way? xx
    No i havent got a bus pass sorted yet! Gonna have to get a student card first and then i can sort out a year pass using the student card, have you sorted yours out yet? and im doing geography

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sinny)
    No i havent got a bus pass sorted yet! Gonna have to get a student card first and then i can sort out a year pass using the student card, have you sorted yours out yet? and im doing geography
    I called up the nottingham transport people.. Got it for 179 for the year. There's a discount this week and next will you be getting the 100 service ? X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by faith16120)
    I called up the nottingham transport people.. Got it for 179 for the year. There's a discount this week and next will you be getting the 100 service ? X
    Oh is there?? might have to ring up then! and yeah i am stop H6

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InkedDragon20)
    Hi, im moving to brack on the 23rd but cant think what im gonna need to take.

ive got a few basics sorted any surgestions would be great
    Hey i found this website which has given me all my ideas and then deleting and adding anything i dont need or already have
    http://www.studential.com/checklist

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sinny)
    Oh is there?? might have to ring up then! and yeah i am stop H6
    Did you want the number ? Xx

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to study zoo biology

ReputationRep:
    Heyy jammy66, I'm glad to hear that Southill House is alright as I'm going to live there this year to study Animal Biology I was wondering what the atmosphere in Brackenhurst is like?
    Cheers!!

(Original post by jammy66)
    Hey, Awesome WC is excellent

Yeah i have, and im living on campus next year too, next door to where i am now, which is nice!

Older accommodation is aright, it's shared toilets/showers but it doesn't look too bad. Southhill not sure on that i have only been once, and i didn't see much of it... but you are sharing rooms and toilets... Being just over the road from brack, don't miss out on anything as its easy to get too... and the same with the older accomidation!

I am pleased i have en-suite not only because i have IBS but also it's a lot nicer.

I might be a fresher rep for you guys soon, so watch this space!

ReputationRep:
    Name:  407023_322044447837187_1075522426_n.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  35.2 KB

Sorry, couldn't resist :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sharon.Lau)
    Heyy jammy66, I'm glad to hear that Southill House is alright as I'm going to live there this year to study Animal Biology I was wondering what the atmosphere in Brackenhurst is like?
    Cheers!!
    Hey, ah cool beans. The atmosphere at Brack is fantastic!! ever stressed or depressed, go for a walk so relaxing. I love the place.

(Original post by rachelkeira)
    Name:  407023_322044447837187_1075522426_n.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  35.2 KB

Sorry, couldn't resist :P

haha.... I can safely say i've never done that.. haha.

This is the view I had at 7:09am Yesterday morning!
    Name:  553942_10152066781590223_565448349_n.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  111.3 KB

ReputationRep:
    Hello

I have a question, or a few. What's NTU like? In terms of the 1) people, 2) uni and its facilities 3) societies and all that like uni experience type stuff and 4) the actual area. (I was told something about NTU being in an area full of chavvy people and stuff and that you'll have annoying chavvy troublemakers trying to start fights or etc
    Also what's the ntu population mix like? Is it a mixed population or is it for example mostly white people?

Also has anyone studied Zoo Biology at NTU? if so, what's your opinion of it? Pro's? Con's?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.