Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you think Pastor Terry Jones should be banned from the UK? (POLL) Watch

• View Poll Results: Do you think Pastor Terry Jones should be banned from the UK?
    Yes
    38.85%
    No
    51.08%
    Not sure
    2.16%
    Don't mind/care
    7.91%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey11223)
    How strong are his views? I know he was going to burn a Qu'ran, was that in protest about the cultural centre being built near 9/11? Does he totally understand what the EDL really are?
    Do you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thisisnew)
    Do you?
    I understand that like any organisation there is a range to their viewpoints but at the marches the problem seems to be that a number have rather extreme views, like chanting "we hate Muslims" and breaking through police lines. Somewhat like the BNP I suppose, not every member is a racist, but there are enough at the extreme end to damage the organisation.

My point is I wasn't sure how this Pastor felt as I didn't read much on it at the time, are his views compatible?

ReputationRep:
    "I do not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    -Voltaire

Spoiler:
    Show
    Apologies if anyone has already said this, I don't have time to read 4 pages.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. Manic Mechanic)
    And I'm sure that you have a vagina lookalike mouth, since it'd be clean shaven.
    :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wacp)
    Yeah, because you know about all the religions in the world.

And, this is what the Quran has to say about non-Muslims: Non-Muslims will be tormented forever with fire. When their skin is burned off, a fresh skin will be provided. 4:56

I think that's quite hateful, to be honest.
    Correction: 4:56 doesn't say 'non-Muslims' - it says 'those who do not believe/disbelieve' (different translations - none say 'non Muslims')
    Consider this verse: "Those who have attained to faith [in this divine writ],as well as those who follow the Jewish faith, and the Christians,and the Sabians - all who believe in God and the Last Day and do righteous deeds - shall have their reward with their lord; and no fear need they have, and neither shall they grieve" (2:62). Also: "O disbelievers. Neither do I worship what you worship. Nor do you worship Whom I worship. And neither will I ever worship what you worship. Nor will you worship whom I worship. For you is your religion, and for me is mine" (109:1-6).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bektas)
    This.

What a disgrace that is. Absolute disgrace. How ****ing dare they spew out hatred for the country who is housing and providing a decent living standard them, considering most of the extremists are on the doll aswell.

When people are speaking against islam, it's hatred. When muslims speak out against everybody else, which is an understatement, it's freedom of speech.

*******s.
    PC gone mad.

Like you said, if we speak out against Islam it's 'racist', yet when they burn poppies that remember soldiers that fought for the country that houses and benefits them....

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 13, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.