The Student Room Group

Hate uni....advice please?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mv2010

Original post by mv2010
Hello,

Yeh I've realised now that finding the right group of friends is what i am having trouble with so i'm going to try a lot of societies and hopefully next year will be much better and if not, atleast i would have tried.

I think you've got a great attitude :smile:

Well done for sticking out your first year. Friends are really important and it's understandable to feel down if you don't have that support network. If you make the effort to try out new societies you're bound to meet loads of new people next year. Think of it as a fresh start :smile:
Wow, I'm glad I am not the only one.

I don't drink at all, I am the same, I find it dull and boring. It's not that I am boring, I just don't need drink for confidence, I am happy chatting to others in groups without the need to be silly with drink.

I am now heading into my third year and I am quite nervous. I really want to make friends but all people want to do is drink, and freshers week just involves drinking so I can't go and meet people in freshers.
I joined my current Uni in the second year. I get on with those in my class but they have all ready formed their groups and are really good friends.

I just want to meet people who will go cinema and that with me, and have a laugh.

But if you do not like the drinking, you're not the only one. There's going to be others like you and me I'm sure :smile:
Reply 62
@mv2010,

I'm glad my post helped a bit :smile: Sorry, I don't really know how to do the whole quoting thing here on tsr, but yes, i am friends with a lot of non-medics, i.e. friends from sixth form that have gone to do other courses at other unis, but they're not real friends, if you get my drift. I'm entering year 1 of medicine at leeds, you? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending